+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dont even bother rolling defiant for PVP it is a los fest now

Default Dont even bother rolling defiant for PVP it is a los fest now

Exploiters ruined the game. Rank 8 already? Really? Why even bother everyone should just afk at warfront at this point and go watch a movie while afk..it is hopeless. Won one game in like 25 games.

What server? US?

Champion

Defiants do tend to get beaten over and over. The recurring theme of complaints in the WFs is actually part of the theme of the game - Guardians tend to have more healers who heal.

Many a time have I done WFs to see no clerics at all or a couple of clerics who are in DPS spec.

I don't suppose there would be much support for a role based composition for WFs when the queues match out given the queues are probably longer... but having someone queue for a WF in heal spec would make many of my WFs more enjoyable.

Returning to the OP, Defiants on my server barely bother to PVP because they are so institutionalised into a losing mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafryd View Post
    Returning to the OP, Defiants on my server barely bother to PVP because they are so institutionalised into a losing mentality.
    What server is this?

I mean honestly can you not think of a way to fix this? Let me take 2 mins to brainstorm. Scramble up defiant and guardian players in pugs, even out the ratio of clerics on both sides. Make warfronts have advantages on one side at some timesof day based on pvp rift or some aspect of the game. At least it wont be one sided all the time. Even this shi up seriously. I can literally say from since day one i have 20% or less win streak as a defiant player. Make a ladder system for all player in every shard. This way they can team up and do premades with players of equal skill or gear level. Come the f on. What is so hard about this? Every patch is a failed attempt to fix an ongoing problem. It has been a long time Trion. Too long for me at this point. I cant tolerate this. I know everyone will say just leave, I know everyone will say go away noob. But you know it is true. You see the imbalance. I have transferred over to 3 different cluster each of up to five different shards so at least 15 shards feel the same way i do.

Telaran

Being a pro Rank 7 cleric, I feel i can swing the tide of a match very often. Grabbing leader from the moron who enters the warfront first helps so you can at least have high priority targets marked as well as your healers. I try to be as polite as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I mean honestly can you not think of a way to fix this? Let me take 2 mins to brainstorm. Scramble up defiant and guardian players in pugs, even out the ratio of clerics on both sides. Make warfronts have advantages on one side at some timesof day based on pvp rift or some aspect of the game. At least it wont be one sided all the time. Even this shi up seriously. I can literally say from since day one i have 20% or less win streak as a defiant player. Make a ladder system for all player in every shard. This way they can team up and do premades with players of equal skill or gear level. Come the f on. What is so hard about this? Every patch is a failed attempt to fix an ongoing problem. It has been a long time Trion. Too long for me at this point. I cant tolerate this. I know everyone will say just leave, I know everyone will say go away noob. But you know it is true. You see the imbalance. I have transferred over to 3 different cluster each of up to five different shards so at least 15 shards feel the same way i do.
    I hope you realise that Defiants dominate the majority of servers.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Shadowlander

Default Huh

How can you guys sit here and make blanket statements about one side or the other based on your experience in one battlegroup. I play on molinar / defiant and it seems pretty even to me. There were some good Guardian groups that were geared to the teeth that were pretty brutal to play (Puzzleboxs crew comes to mind, as well as the dawn premade), but for the most it's pretty even on any given night and i actually feel like our side wins the majority of the ones I am in.

If it's really that big of a problem, then start making pvp friends to play with, join a pvp guild, or queue up with one. There are plenty of good players out there on both sides.

If you really wonder why healers don't like playing healers, it's because they are focused first against good teams, and they get absolutely destroyed and get practically no support. Everyone's too busy trying to get the highest kills/dmg done to beat off to, that they don't bother playing as a team and protecting their healers or peeling for them.
    So stop worrying about the randoms who show up and watch a movie while they pvp, and start trying to roll with real group of pvp'rs and you'll find your experience is drastically different. I know it take's a little effort but it's worth it.

Telaran

Tudda:

The fact that you think you win the majority of the games doesn't make it even.
    It points to it being uneven in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I hope you realise that Defiants dominate the majority of servers.
    Thats total bs. Maybe you see more of them around because all the guardians are having fun owning the shi out of the defiants in warfronts. Defiants are forced to play pve regardless that is why many defiants have given up pvp and the servers seem to be packed with defiants.

Quote Originally Posted by tudda View Post
    How can you guys sit here and make blanket statements about one side or the other based on your experience in one battlegroup. I play on molinar / defiant and it seems pretty even to me. There were some good Guardian groups that were geared to the teeth that were pretty brutal to play (Puzzleboxs crew comes to mind, as well as the dawn premade), but for the most it's pretty even on any given night and i actually feel like our side wins the majority of the ones I am in.

If it's really that big of a problem, then start making pvp friends to play with, join a pvp guild, or queue up with one. There are plenty of good players out there on both sides.

If you really wonder why healers don't like playing healers, it's because they are focused first against good teams, and they get absolutely destroyed and get practically no support. Everyone's too busy trying to get the highest kills/dmg done to beat off to, that they don't bother playing as a team and protecting their healers or peeling for them.
    So stop worrying about the randoms who show up and watch a movie while they pvp, and start trying to roll with real group of pvp'rs and you'll find your experience is drastically different. I know it take's a little effort but it's worth it.
    Thats bs too. Molinar is where tons of guardian PVP guilds have made a home. Many pvp guilds from dayblind transfered here for that reason. It is not even at all. Also Molinar is extremely guardian heavy. If you go to the Molinar server boards you will see people practically begging defiants to join.And the ones doing the begging are the guardians so they can get more kills and better queue. Please ive been there done that.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-10-2011 at 09:56 PM.

How do you expect defiant to coordinate and make an organized warfront? How do you expect them to win when the overall assumption across the 15 shards I played on is that they lose 80% or more of the time. Since I pvp a lot this is the same exact numbers I was getting before. Now its even worse.

Players who I talk too agree with me. The morale of the defiant population is in the gutter. They don't make an effort. Even myself gave up trying and that is why I dont blame clerics for going dps. Our own dps has given up. What do I see these day? I see 3 people running against a wall. Others complaining about the imbalance. Tons of sadfaces spamming chat. Noob calling and guardians shi talking after we go 5-1000 in a pve wf? like port scion. The morale is shot to shi on defiant side. So thats why I warn you all who choose to play this game to go roll a guardian. You will really get your moneys worth just facerolling defiants left and right across the majority of the servers. It is free fun all day long.

A bit of it is the time of day as well. As an example, on bloodiron, I have to avoid a perticular 2 hour block because i know that during that time all the guardian pvp guilds are logged on, and so I will not be able to win a single match. On the other hand, out side those times, the win ratio seems to be more weighted in our favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Also Molinar is extremely guardian heavy..

Not sure about that. It seems pretty even. I've been on both ends of a zerg numerous times.

Plane Touched

On the Seastone Battleshard it seems that Guardians seem to win more of the premade wf's about 90% of the time while we lose 90% of the time if you solo/pug wf's. That's a wierd trend if you think about it. However, I think about it a little more and it seems logical. Guardians can put good teams together, while Defiants have great players as well, but those players don't know each other nor group with one another. Therefore, they end up solo queueing and what you get is a few really good defiant players in solo/pug wf's demolishing the weak Guardians. While all the top Guardian pvp guilds are beating the Defiant pvp guilds for premade queues for wf's because Defiants don't have their best queueing for premade wf's.

It's just a pattern I have been noticing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast