Closed Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SweetSeoul
  • 2 Post By Riftella

Thread: We Are The Suckers Who Played By The Rules

Rift Chaser

Default We Are The Suckers Who Played By The Rules

Hi. Regular PvP player here who played every minute of every WF I've ever been in to grind to Rank 6 the hard way/

Now, I am 160/405k away from Rank 7, while I see an endless parade of people who surpassed me in a weekend, never really played PvP, and are now Rank 8 with all the shiny Order of the Eye crystals and rep items.

Me and a R6 guildie walked away this past weekend when we ran into fellow Guardians cooperating with a group of Defiants to exploit PvP rifts, because we didn't think it was right, and now we are the suckers who are still grinding our way slowly to R7 while people who don't even PvP are walking around in R8.

I know you get lots of complaints, Trion, and the signal-to-noise ratio sucks, but this is a huge slap in the face to honest players and PvP regulars.

The abuse is so rampant, we cannot even "play" a PvP rift the way it's supposed to be played, because the open rifts are all occupied by exploiters. No one even wants to PvP, they just want to grind their rep and get their free weapons, gear and synergy crystals without ever having to step into a WF.

So you're going to look into it? How are you going to track down all of the thousands of players who have been exploiting? And what are you going to do to them? Are you going to take their gear away? Ban their accounts? Suspend them?

This is incredibly disheartening. When me and my guildie friend happened on the exploiters for the first time, there was a player who was saying "lul i'm rank 4 already!" just by exploiting PvP rifts that night without setting foot in a WF.

Yet if we had stayed and cheated like them, we'd be wearing shiny R8 gear right now. When you allow people to cheat with impunity, you cause irreparable damage to the PvP community.

Signed,

An "Undergeared" R6 PvP Player

Plane Touched

Agree 100%.

Default This exploit never occurred to me

So this is a reason for slow warfront queues - people are exploitng pvp rifts. All weekend long I was in back to back Whitefalls with guildies grinding the prestige the old fashioned way. I barely did any pvp rifts - why??!!!

I know of no guilds on Sunrest - either side - that were/are using this exploit. At least on my server open world pvp will be with other honest pvpers.
    Claw of Sunrest <Princess> Rank 8 Cleric Healer

Lava of Sunrest - 50 DPS Warrior (retired)

Rift Chaser

I've been running into a player from Briarcliff who was Rank 7 less than a day after the patch hit and by the weekend was decked out in full R8, enjoying his free gear while doing nothing in WFs but spamming Tyranny as a Cabalist.

There is no way this person did it legitimately, and I can't even fathom how Trion thinks it's acceptable for a person to be in full R8 days after the patch hit.

I played lots of WFs on the amped-up favor weekend, ran lots of Whitefalls under the weekend rules, have 1.5 million lifetime favor, and I'm 160/405k. Again, a sucker for playing by the rules.

Something needs to be done about this immediately

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSeoul View Post
    I've been running into a player from Briarcliff who was Rank 7 less than a day after the patch hit and by the weekend was decked out in full R8, enjoying his free gear while doing nothing in WFs but spamming Tyranny as a Cabalist.

There is no way this person did it legitimately, and I can't even fathom how Trion thinks it's acceptable for a person to be in full R8 days after the patch hit.

I played lots of WFs on the amped-up favor weekend, ran lots of Whitefalls under the weekend rules, have 1.5 million lifetime favor, and I'm 160/405k. Again, a sucker for playing by the rules.

Something needs to be done about this immediately

Not all of that is true. I also didnt touch a PvP rift during the WF weekend, I was qing non stop @ 30s q times, playing 20/hrs a day and winning 90% of games. Im only 200k into r8 (I also have to work 8hrs a day).... But 2-3days after patch is not. Even winning 100% games for 72hrs with 4x bonus seems abit far out.

Sorry, OP, not trying to derail the truth spoken in your post. <3
    Last edited by Columbian; 08-10-2011 at 02:22 PM.

There is a reason why RULE rhymes with FOOL.

Soulwalker

As someone already pointed out it's important to note that not all rank 8 people abused the PvP rifts. Alot of us got loads of prestige during the whitefall weekend and only had very minor amounts left to grind when it ended.

Rift Chaser

I know of a certain group of individuals on briarcliff who are coordinating their guardian-defiant PVP rift farming in the same vent. Legitimate attackers are rolled by the other side while the allied side just wait.

Being able to roll chars on either side on the same server was such a dumb idea.

How trion didn't see coordinated PVP rift farming coming boggles my mind.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenne View Post
    I know of a certain group of individuals on briarcliff who are coordinating their guardian-defiant PVP rift farming in the same vent. Legitimate attackers are rolled by the other side while the allied side just wait.

Being able to roll chars on either side on the same server was such a dumb idea.

How trion didn't see coordinated PVP rift farming coming boggles my mind.
    You don't need to be able to roll on both factions on the same server to do that. There is a server where I play Guardian and I've several friends who played Defiant. If I wanted to exploit, I could ask my buddies using vent or email or facebook, etc. The problem does not lie with being able to roll characters on both sides of the same server.

Rift Master

I like how u people just can't wait patiently for a re spawn from devs, they already said they looking into it..

but u guys, gotta keep opening up topic after topic after topic, QQing..

first its with nerfs now this..

untill u get what you want, its childish..

me im just waiting, i can't wait till these guys get a rollback like u ..

but i don't need 2make a topic after topic, after topic.. TILL I GET WHAT I WANT, IMA STOMP MY FEET ALL QQQQQQQQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Toothsome View Post
    I like how u people just can't wait patiently for a re spawn from devs, they already said they looking into it..

but u guys, gotta keep opening up topic after topic after topic, QQing..

first its with nerfs now this..

untill u get what you want, its childish..

me im just waiting, i can't wait till these guys get a rollback like u ..

but i don't need 2make a topic after topic, after topic.. TILL I GET WHAT I WANT, IMA STOMP MY FEET ALL QQQQQQQQ
    Call it what you want but if people don't make a stink about it it won't get fixed. I'm paying for a game where people are abusing broken game mechanics. Call me a QQer if you want, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Shadowlander

If Rift was a city, there would be a riot just now.

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We already have a discussion about this topic. To find out more on this subect, please read Elrar's post here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post2948930

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue the thread linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

Please be aware that we are aware of this situation and it will be dealt with.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread