+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10-19 vs. 50

Default 10-19 vs. 50

Is it a case that some of us prefer to play in the 10-19 bracket repeatedly than at 50, because on a subconscious level we do not expect people in the 10-19 bracket to know what they are doing? That when we see people playing at 50 that have no clue, it just irritates us on a certain level and makes the experience that much less enjoyable?

For certainly, 10-19 should be far more frustrating than at 50, no? Obviously, those at 50 have played in the various WFs along the way and have glimmered some form of knowledge, right?

Yet, often this is not the case. Those at 50 are oft as bad as fresh 10's.

It is definitely one thing, in the level 10-19 bracket, having to mention to the team that the guy they're looking for is on the other side of the tree...than it is to have to point that out at 50.

Is it ego? I do not think so. There is not exactly anything complicated about any of the WFs. It is not a case of thinking oneself a proverbial WF rock star in the least.

As such, I believe it goes back to that simple acceptance in the 10-19 bracket that there are people experiencing this particular aspect of the game for the first time. While for those at 50, there is no such acceptance - even if it may be the first time they are experiencing it.

Perhaps we should show them more patience...? Personally, I find it difficult. 49 levels to develop the most rudimentary of clues... is not really that much of an expectation.

Oh well, just a random thought while deciding which of my many 10-19 or 20-29 toons to play so that I can further avoid this particular issue at 50... one that oft bothers me more than any of the Premade vs. PUG, high Rank vs. low Rank, X build is OP, or any of the rest...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

world pvp at lvl10 is a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    world pvp at lvl10 is a joke
    C'mon, you know you want to put together 20-40 level 10s and raid the enemy...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    C'mon, you know you want to put together 20-40 level 10s and raid the enemy...
    not with how many lvl10 zerg guilds are out there ruining pvp for others
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Disciple

At levels 10-19, player's toons don't have a lot of skills yet; they're barely into their soul tree (especially the roots).

As such, there isn't any really overpowered class in that level range. A level 19 will kick the butt of a level 10, but that is as it should be.

At 50, there is a ridiculous imbalance between classes, especially when you factor in the difference between a R1 and a R6+ player. The stupidity of Trion's class design makes one-shotting opponents the rule, not the exception, for certain classes and gear is more important than either skill, experience, or teamwork.

In Rift, PvP at 50 is a poor joke.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Is it a case that some of us prefer to play in the 10-19 bracket repeatedly than at 50, because on a subconscious level we do not expect people in the 10-19 bracket to know what they are doing? That when we see people playing at 50 that have no clue, it just irritates us on a certain level and makes the experience that much less enjoyable?

For certainly, 10-19 should be far more frustrating than at 50, no? Obviously, those at 50 have played in the various WFs along the way and have glimmered some form of knowledge, right?

Yet, often this is not the case. Those at 50 are oft as bad as fresh 10's.

It is definitely one thing, in the level 10-19 bracket, having to mention to the team that the guy they're looking for is on the other side of the tree...than it is to have to point that out at 50.

Is it ego? I do not think so. There is not exactly anything complicated about any of the WFs. It is not a case of thinking oneself a proverbial WF rock star in the least.

As such, I believe it goes back to that simple acceptance in the 10-19 bracket that there are people experiencing this particular aspect of the game for the first time. While for those at 50, there is no such acceptance - even if it may be the first time they are experiencing it.

Perhaps we should show them more patience...? Personally, I find it difficult. 49 levels to develop the most rudimentary of clues... is not really that much of an expectation.

Oh well, just a random thought while deciding which of my many 10-19 or 20-29 toons to play so that I can further avoid this particular issue at 50... one that oft bothers me more than any of the Premade vs. PUG, high Rank vs. low Rank, X build is OP, or any of the rest...
    Less ******s. Less gear annoyance. Less people raging over the interminable grind. I prefer 30+ myself. Thank god it is so blissfully slow that I won't be 50 untill some other game opens.

And I dont like BG much.
    Last edited by penumbralcat; 08-10-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Soulwalker

I think it just comes down to when some players feel they're ready to try WF. I had all the achievements in BG before I hit level 30 on at least one of my toons, but yet I've also seen Slayer being awarded to people in lvl 50 WF. It's rare, but it happens, players start into pvp at all different levels in this game. Maybe it's a lack of confidence in the gear they have, or they just don't have interest in pvp until endgame, who knows. It all comes down to teamwork to win though, so if I see someone that could use a little help or direction, I'll try however I can to help and hope we win.

Not all servers that are in a group for Warfronts are pvp servers, so it's like a box of chocolates.

+ Reply to Thread