+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PvP Rifts

Default PvP Rifts

What people are doing with the pvp rifts doesn't count as an exploit.

An exploit is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerised).

This is in no way, shape or form and exploit.

Its a clever use of game mechanics which should of been foreseen and Trion shouldn't punish those who were able to use their brains.

The simple answer is nothing is going to happen to them as its not an exploit. You can hope all you wish but its not going to change the outcome.

Ascendant

Is this your justification for what you did?
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Clever use of mechanics in this case is an exploit.

Ascendant

trion hasn't ruled it as an exploit, but is looking at it as an abuse of mechanics
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post

An exploit is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or sequence of commands that takes advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerised).

Its a clever use of game mechanics which should of been foreseen and Trion shouldn't punish those who were able to use their brains.

The simple answer is nothing is going to happen to them as its not an exploit. You can hope all you wish but its not going to change the outcome.
    lol this guy. GUILTY! rollback please!
    Last edited by kdps; 08-10-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Prophet of Telara

No.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

I've suggested an amnesty thread where exploiters can willingly post their guilt, be stripped to their PR prior to 1.4, removal of any gear greater than R6, and favor set to zero, but avoid any suspension or ban.

Bunzy could be the first to enter his character name and server.

You can do it, Bunzy. Start the thread and ask for forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I've suggested an amnesty thread where exploiters can willingly post their guilt, be stripped to their PR prior to 1.4, removal of any gear greater than R6, and favor set to zero, but avoid any suspension or ban.

Bunzy could be the first to enter his character name and server.

You can do it, Bunzy. Start the thread and ask for forgiveness.
    I didn't do anything wrong i don't need forgiveness.

You're only fooling yourself.

It won't be that bad - from the screenshots posted earlier it looks like most of <Peekay> could join you in the amnesty thread. As embarrassing as it is to play Defiant with you and your guild, we still need people willing to fight to make the server fun - so just take responsibility for your actions and get the punishment over with.

Ascendant

Your a cheater and I hope you and your guild get banned. No one should have to face you or your assclown buddies with rank8 weapons you exploited to get.

You can say what ever mumbo jumbo you want, but no one is buying it. People will quit before having to get their face smashed by tons of cheaters who exploited to p8 while trying to get there legit.

In the event that you only get a rollback, you are still a disgrace to the video game world.
    Last edited by NJoyTheSilence; 08-10-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    People will quit before having to get their face smashed by tons of cheaters who exploited to p8 while trying to get there legit.
    What he said...

i dont think ill have the stomach to play against or with these common theifs and liars. Its really to bad, i like this game but trion has to pick which subs they want, cheap ******* or legit gamers.
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

We're always monitoring player behavior and keeping an eye out for abuse. Rest assured, anyone caught abusing game mechanics will have their characters rolled back after a thorough investigation.

Other disciplinary actions may be taken by our support team up to and including suspension or termination of their account.

We don't tolerate cheating, any benefits earned will be short lived and dealt with swiftly - thanks

Take it for what you will.......
    In the dusts of hell Lurked the blackest of hates, For he who eats fear awaits you
    RIFT Mantra: Exploit Now and Exploit Often, You wont be punished!!

Shadowlander

If it were up to me, I'd permanently ban all of the players involved. Think about it....ban a few hundred players who knowingly abused game mechanics (and are obviously the type to do similar things again in the future), or choose not to ban them and upset the entire playerbase. If a simple rollback is the only punishment given, then more players will use exploits next time one is found.

Also, many players will leave the game and post on every MMO forum imaginable if trion doesn't take the appropriate action. Bye bye good name.

First off, Bunzy is an anonymous clown who somehow managed to sneak into <Peekay>, and whom I couldn't find/isolate to boot off. To say he doesn't represent <Peekay> is more than an understatement.

He has been trying to destroy our reputation and what we've been building towards, and it looks like he finally succeeded.

Second, if any of what people say is true, I want to make this my formal apology. There are well over 150 people on <Peekay>'s roster, but if even 10 of them are guilty of this exploit, even for one night, I apologize. I would ban the defiant involved as well.

Realize, though, that there was still over a hundred honest members of our guild out there. Good players. Good people.

Reflect for a moment on how you'd feel if, whether true or not, rumors of a minority of members in your guild exploiting destroyed your guild overnight with the help of someone bound and determined to take you out.
    Last edited by Virchow; 08-10-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Shadowlander

At least guilds are taking action, hehe... good job Peekay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast