+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 54 days until the 6th month subscribers are up

Default 54 days until the 6th month subscribers are up

If you could only have 1 request, what would be the thing that would keep you playing Rift?

For me it's World PvP and Ancient Warstones working properly with their ability to allow a faction to control a zone.

Cap ancient warstones to spawn a giant ancient npc and change every guardian stone in the zone to your faction. The other faction can retake smaller stones to weaken the NPC, or go after the ancient himself to retake the zone. If the guardian dies, one side is rewarded. If the guardian lives, the other side is rewarded. Everyone receives additional bonuses for fighting in the zone, and in proximity to the guardian npc. Ancient warstones are on 8 hour timers to prevent abuse, and the ancient npc stays spawned for 1 hour.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-10-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Ascendant

I.dig that idea.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Plane Touched

Don't think anything is gonna keep me around.

Rift just lost all its luster for me
    Einziger - Dayblind
    Rank 6 Rogue
    <level>

Sounds like a good concept for an RvR zone to me.

Ascendant

truthfully, i had high hopes that the pvp in this game would be soooo different than what it is. I hoped that they wouldn't be able to balance all the class soul combos and that they would just come close and pvp would be about blowing each other up real quick.

but they were able to balance enough to where valor and the balancing make it so clothies can tank players for a while, healers never die, and some classes have a huge advantage damage-wise over others.

There really is nothing short of scrapping pvp and starting over from scratch that could keep me playing unless maybe paying off blizzard to announce a q4 2012 or later release of diablo iii.

this just isn't my game. i hoped it would be something different, it wasn't, end of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Prophet of Telara

people who don't dodge

and arena

oh and an endless amount of defiant premades who never give up

I look at it another way ...

54 days until my 12 month subscription STARTS.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Champion of Telara

If I had to distill everything down to one request, it would be for the development team to make meaningful, sustainable rvr a real priority, rather than a buzzword.

Once that becomes an actual priority, other things tend to fall in place.

Rift Disciple

Let me reverse the question, is there anything Trion can do that will prevent me to renew my sub.
    If they stop their great work at supporting their game, adding some content and trying their best to please everybody, then I will think about it.

But for now, I've been very satisfy with RIFT, and I am very please of what they did since release.

Actually I was thinking of taking an 1 year sub once my 6 months is over.

An MMO can run a long run. Things change a lot, expansions come out and add loads of new experience, new features release. Coming from one where I played at a hardcore level, this one is attractive cause it caters nicely to a casual crowd. I don't want to raid again, but the pvp is fun and rewarding imo. Though I really was glad the July deal came along. Ordered a year because that was really cheap. That + a 1.99 a month 1 year sub to Quakelive for FPS pvp action I'd rather vest time in one mmo that seems like it will have longevity than keep trying new ones. In the end they are all the same things, they take time. Guess it's a matter of if you have fun putting time into it. No more than a hobby.

AAA
    Telaran

Default 12 Months?

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    I look at it another way ...

54 days until my 12 month subscription STARTS.
    What are you going to do for 12 more months regarding PVP? Rift imhop is lacking "Skill" it has become and likely always be PVG, Player vs. Gear. Rift's initial statement was to not make Rift PVP based around gear, so I signed up and they were right lvls 1-49 are not based on gear, more team makeup, and Skill. 50+ another story.

I enjoy games like Chess and RTS type games that allow a competitive, equal playing field. You don't send your kid to the soccer field with 9" cleats and spiked shoulder pads. Everyone has relative the same equipment. How has the MMO PVP community not gotten this?

GW2 according to devs "will be a skill based game" understanding your opponents will decide wins or losses. It absolutely amazes me the lack of player knowledge in Rift on their opposition (you might know your soul but do you know the mechanics of all the others?), it just shows the lack of skill necessary to compete.

Trion is also making End of Nations, which looks like a great MMO take on C&C. I just hope there are going to be some great changes in Rift, but exploitable PVP rifts, poor Soul balancing, and lopsided 2 Faction based servers hasn't left a good taste in my mouth.

What could they do to keep me?

hmmm.

Well, they could give me a deal for about $4 or $5 per month, for a year subscription. I might stay for that - as then I could just stop in every now and then to see what has changed, and if things have improved.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    If you could only have 1 request, what would be the thing that would keep you playing Rift?

For me it's World PvP and Ancient Warstones working properly with their ability to allow a faction to control a zone.

Cap ancient warstones to spawn a giant ancient npc and change every guardian stone in the zone to your faction. The other faction can retake smaller stones to weaken the NPC, or go after the ancient himself to retake the zone. If the guardian dies, one side is rewarded. If the guardian lives, the other side is rewarded. Everyone receives additional bonuses for fighting in the zone, and in proximity to the guardian npc. Ancient warstones are on 8 hour timers to prevent abuse, and the ancient npc stays spawned for 1 hour.
    I would settle for anything on par with the soul/role system. IMO, that is the only thing worth anything in this game. The RIFT scripts are scripts and are quite boring. "The sky darkens ( blaring horn)" makes me want to puke.

The soul and role system are very good. But If I could suggest one thing?
    Last edited by Walsingham; 08-15-2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Abusive language directed towards our employees

Castle keeps.

Hitting R6/R8 won't be the end-game then. It'll be the entry-point to self-sustaining, engrossing world PvP.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Castle keeps.

Hitting R6/R8 won't be the end-game then. It'll be the entry-point to self-sustaining, engrossing world PvP.
    Most players won't get that far before leaving, and there won't be any such thing in this game. I'd like to think there will be and I'm hoping for it, but every patch so far is telling me otherwise.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast