+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Returning shards in PvP rifts no longer give Prestige or Favor

Rift Disciple

Default Returning shards in PvP rifts no longer give Prestige or Favor

This makes attacking rifts completely pointless. PvP rifts will soon turn into pure PvE rifts because the bonus prestige give attackers incentive to do so. This absolutely needs to be fixed or the fantastic world PvP that the new rifts have provided will disappear.
    Schmitty P8 Warrior
    Schmitshank P8 Rogue
    <Vantage> Seastone

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by schmitty View Post
    This makes attacking rifts completely pointless. PvP rifts will soon turn into pure PvE rifts because the bonus prestige give attackers incentive to do so. This absolutely needs to be fixed or the fantastic world PvP that the new rifts have provided will disappear.
    You can thank the sploiters for this change.

Ascendant

i think its time that they just give up
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    You can thank the sploiters for this change.
    They could've made it so attackers have to carry the stone to their own platform instead of just "recovering" it.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by schmitty View Post
    Because it isn't fun actually killing people right? G T F O my internets you mouth breathing troglodyte.
    Last edited by Weakest; 08-10-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    They could've made it so attackers have to carry the stone to their own platform instead of just "recovering" it.
    That wouldn't have stopped the spoiting. Take a look at how many people the attackers ((spoiters)) had in this video.. that would have just made them work abit more for the favor, but wouldn't have slowed down the crazy amount they were getting ((50,000 or so an hour)).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sn3p...embedded#at=93

Rift Disciple

I'm well aware of the exploiting, but as it stands there is zero incentive to attack an opposing faction's rift. Their solution to exploiters does more damage than it does good.
    Schmitty P8 Warrior
    Schmitshank P8 Rogue
    <Vantage> Seastone

Champion of Telara

Well, it looks like the poorly thought-out bandaid solution failed. I, for one, am shocked.

I'd be happy to share the ingredients for good world pvp if anyone cares to actually make a sustainable system rather than a snazzy sound bite for blogs and gaming magazines like "pvp rifts".

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Well, it looks like the poorly thought-out bandaid solution failed. I, for one, am shocked.

I'd be happy to share the ingredients for good world pvp if anyone cares to actually make a sustainable system rather than a snazzy sound bite for blogs and gaming magazines like "pvp rifts".
    i would love to hear it, PM me plz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post

The problem is that Game Dev's think too highly of their player base.

They really need to force them to play about 100 games of SC2 and COD online against other people and then look at them and go..

"And those are the type of people that will be playing your game. So any solution you come up with for any problem is going to have those types of people hammering away at it."

It was probably turned off till they fix it.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    i would love to hear it, PM me plz
    Focus end-game pvp into 1 major non-instanced zone with significantly reduced mob density,
    add multiple points of interest where control gives bonuses to an entire faction,
    split off the 2 factions by allowing people to "align" themselves to subfactions to combat population imbalances and act as spoilers,
    actually think about placement of res shrines to avoid spawn-zerg rushing,
    alter progression from gear to character/guild/faction progression,
    add in some kind of progress updater for this area, as well as searchable pvp-related stats for players/guilds,
    re-think aoe soft CC to empower small, coordinated groups to be potentially dangerous to unprepared zergs,

Put the epic awesomeness back in the mmo.

Ascendant

I hope so, as the change is overkill sledge style Trion has become known for. Scott even said in an interview they dig on sledge tactics and fotm builds and changes. I do not care that they changed it as much as I hope the ban or rollback the exploiters.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Rift Disciple

They did get rolled back.
    Schmitty P8 Warrior
    Schmitshank P8 Rogue
    <Vantage> Seastone

and banned I hope. Knowingly abusing something isn't just human nature. It's counterproductive.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-10-2011 at 09:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast