+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bottle of Lifeleech nerfed

Telaran

Default Bottle of Lifeleech nerfed

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-...1-8-11-eu.html

* Crafting: Bottle of Lifeleech now returns 10% of the damage you deal as health to you once every 2 seconds, instead of 50% ability damage reduction.
    Why??????????

Ascendant

i restocked with about 100 of them, then they patched it to be on same cooldown as tonics

now this?

its just for leveling now, and not even a good tool then, they might as well turned it into a gray item we can sell back to the vendors
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Prophet of Telara

Good change.

Horrible change. Should have nerfed them to 25%. This "nanny state" Trion has us all in is pathetic and it's getting really tiresome to have major game changes every week.

Wf losses: Now whoever has the highest Cab:Cleric ratio!
    Last edited by Senji; 08-10-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Wf losses: Now whoever has the highest Cab:Cleric ratio!
    Like the gloamsilk change, these pots are now worthless. STOP CHANGING MINIMAL THINGS THAT NO ONE WANTS YOU TO CHANGE AND FIX THE REAL PROBLEMS...pretty please?
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Horrible change. Should have nerfed them to 25%. This "nanny state" Trion has us all in is pathetic and it's getting really tiresome to have major game changes every week.
    How about this August 2010 interview as ammo for your nanny-state comment: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Interview.html

"Indeed, Scott doesn’t even believe achieving perfect balance is something to aspire to, as players would be able to do everything and no one would feel special. Scott doesn’t view balance as a huge issue in a game like Rift where you can switch things at a whim, as opposed to your typical MMO where if something gets nerfed you may be stuck with it. Ultimately, Scott expects that there will be “out of balance” builds, but that the possibilities are so great with the soul system that players can discover new “out of balance” builds to trump or counter one already in existence.

Worried that players might discover a one-size-fits-all optimal spec, Scott assured me that this would not happen, though he admits that undoubtedly there will be optimal builds for specific activities. For example, players might create optimal runner builds for certain game modes, or super tough tanks for Capture the Flag PvP. However, the latter example would be slow and heavy and not quite as useful in a situation that requires a runner, so it wouldn’t be perfect for everything. “Fail” builds will be possible as well, but since you can switch builds around any time you like you can easily sort your build out."

As much as I hate your use of the word nanny-state, I agree with your general sentiment. Trion seems to really love the sledghammer over the chisel.

This isn't the kind of petty annoying crap that will make me cancel an account, but it's the kind that would make me say no if I was ever considering coming back.

They nerfed it because it directly benefits melee's more then casters.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    You mean it gets tiresome overpowered ******ed stuff might be found out, and you might have to actually l2p
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    They nerfed it because it directly benefits melee's more then casters.
    are you nuts i absolutly loved them! but tryed after hotfix still good for caba =p
    Cleric wants detaunt to auto proc on everyone hitting me!! QQ god damn heal debuffs

Ascendant

The potions were also dirt cheap to make and for burst classes gave them insane survivability for its duration..

Its needed to be nerfed.. Now if they had level 50 ones that required expensive components it might be balanced but not in its current form..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Plane Touched

Yeah, the potions themselves weren't that bad, but they should have been a high-level epic potion with a lot of expense to make so that you don't just pop them like candy every three minutes. The problem was with their accessibility. They were crazy for such a low level item.

I still have a ton of these and they're still worth using. I'll just try macro them to my big AOE attack (can item use be macro'd?) to make sure that the one time in 2 seconds it can apply actually counts for something.

+ Reply to Thread