+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why does everyone autoattack red names?

Telaran

Default Why does everyone autoattack red names?

Rage issues? I haven't come across a defiant that hasn't killed me for no reason. I just transferred from a pve server thinking people wouldn't be this messed up. You see someone questing, obviously under-geared, so you go for the 8 favor or whatever ?
    Last edited by astrall; 08-09-2011 at 09:07 PM.

You're the enemy, this is war. I don't see the confusion?

Kill or be Killed.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

Default pvp shard

Alot of people on pvp shards follow it is red it is dead.

Telaran

war? the world is static and my death and respawning to continue my quest will have no impact on whatever the defiants are trying to accomplish.

Plane Touched

You had a choice.
    You chose to log in and take your side in a war against the Gods-fearing Guardians and the Heretic Defiant.
    You chose to pick up a weapon and defend your lands.
    You were defeated because your enemy also picked up a weapon to do the same.
    That defiant probably grew through levels getting the exact same treatment you had, and one day you will stumble across a small Defiant, behead him, and carry on. It's war.

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Quote Originally Posted by astrall View Post
    Rage issues? I haven't come across a defiant that hasn't killed me for no reason. I just transferred from a pve server thinking people wouldn't be this messed up. You see someone questing, obviously under-geared, so you go for the 8 favor or whatever ?
    You actually transfered a toon that is under level 50 from a PvE shard to a PvP one?

Even at 50 I won't transfer my toon to a PvP shard until it's PR7+ and fully geared.
    Last edited by Taptap; 08-09-2011 at 09:27 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

war? the world is static and my death and respawning to continue my quest will have no impact on whatever the defiants are trying to accomplish.
    Take it from someone who once shared your frustration with the issue: don't try to rationalize it. Just transfer back to a PvE shard when the cooldown is up.

Some time ago in a different MMO I was leveling yet another alt on a PvE server and I kept coming across these places in contested zones and thinking to myself, "You know, with the way the quests for each faction send them all to the same areas, I'll bet having the option for some world PvP in between quest grinding might add a little extra layer of diversity." So I rerolled on a PvP server. In the time it took to level a character to the cap, I could count on one hand the number of "fair" fights I encountered along the way. I got ganked repeatedly, however. And it irritated me. It bothered the hell out of me, tbh. It didn't make a lot of sense because it was not the reason I played. I never found any interest or satisfaction in pummeling people who couldn't defend themselves. I pretty much saw all the worst aspects of open world PvP...too many to list them all as tragic anecdotes here. Which would have been fine, but the "fun" elements were so few and far between that I found myself eager to hit the level cap just to rid myself of the threat of totally uneven gankings. Of course, I discovered soon after hitting the cap that the source of imbalance changed from level to gear, with me in my starter PvP kit getting routinely facerolled by players wearing PvP gear that had taken them months to accumulate.

In short, you'll drive yourself insane trying to rationalize why people like to play the bully on PvP servers. Some will even be silly enough to try and convince you that there's some benefit to be had from it. At the end of the day none of that matters, however, because they aren't breaking the rules and it's something you have to be prepared to accept if you want to enjoy yourself on a PvP shard. And if you can't accept it, you don't belong on a PvP shard. There are lots of really great folks you can meet on PvP shards, but it doesn't take too many jerks to disrupt your gameplay. The choice is yours to make, but that choice would hopefully not involve trying to change what happens on PvP servers because it ain't gonna happen.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    So I rerolled on a PvP server. In the time it took to level a character to the cap, I could count on one hand the number of "fair" fights I encountered along the way. I got ganked repeatedly, however. And it irritated me. It bothered the hell out of me, tbh. It didn't make a lot of sense because it was not the reason I played. I never found any interest or satisfaction in pummeling people who couldn't defend themselves. I pretty much saw all the worst aspects of open world PvP...too many to list them all as tragic anecdotes here.

I seen open world PvP request from people wanting Trion to help force open world PvP. Not going to happen. If your PvP server is empty, you only have yourselves to blame .. Take your consequences for your actions.

Ascendant

you god-loving freak, of course I'm going to kill you on sight
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Champion

Not sure what you expected when you moved to a PvP server if not PvP. Rez up, lick your wounds and carry on, otherwise clearly it's not the ruleset for you.
    Ferbo - Deepwood

Filthy Casual 4 life

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    You actually transfered a toon that is under level 50 from a PvE shard to a PvP one?

Even at 50 I won't transfer my toon to a PvP shard until it's PR7+ and fully geared.
    Because ******* hide on pve servers. Real pvpers start at 1 and /pvp on a pvp server

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Take it from someone who once shared your frustration with the issue: don't try to rationalize it. Just transfer back to a PvE shard when the cooldown is up.

Some time ago in a different MMO I was leveling yet another alt on a PvE server and I kept coming across these places in contested zones and thinking to myself, "You know, with the way the quests for each faction send them all to the same areas, I'll bet having the option for some world PvP in between quest grinding might add a little extra layer of diversity." So I rerolled on a PvP server. In the time it took to level a character to the cap, I could count on one hand the number of "fair" fights I encountered along the way.
    What do you mean with "fair fights"?
    you encounter a member of the other faction, tell him "sorry to rob you of your time but would you be so helpful to entertain me with a spot of fair combat" and he reply "certainly old chap, just wait that I've rested after this bout of mob killing and all my cd have reseted and I'm ready to fight you".
    that's not a fight, that's duel and you can duel anytime on a pve server, no need to transfer on a pvp one.
    "fair fight" is a fight when no ugly cheats or exploits are used, bar this all fights are fair, even a whole raid of rank 8 against a level 20 is "fair".
    maybe its not actually "fun" but its "fair".
    then everybody can set its own standard, I generally dont attack anybody under level 48 as it wouldnt be fun - but that's my choice, the game ruleset dont require you to do that so its still "fair".
    Last edited by Ruizo; 08-10-2011 at 12:41 AM.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Telaran

One thing to add is that I've left plenty of enemy players to go about their business, and plenty have done so to me. Don't get me wrong, I've been ganked plenty of times, and I've attacked people who were fighting mobs before, but it's not all the time.

I guess it really comes down to your reaction. Do you get really annoyed at the injustice of it all, and despair at mentality of someone who would attack someone who's unprepared while they're questing? Or do you respawn, buff up and head on back out there, just after switching to your PvP spec, as you know the enemy is out there.

There's a server that caters to both of those reactions. I guess maybe you were on the right one to begin with.

This game need multiplier PvP zone with PvP quest so that whoever want to PvP goes there.
    Give all a choice to spawn by ghost run or spawn in starting pt if they are killed in PvP encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by pretty fiendish View Post
    I guess it really comes down to your reaction. Do you get really annoyed at the injustice of it all, and despair at mentality of someone who would attack someone who's unprepared while they're questing? Or do you respawn, buff up and head on back out there, just after switching to your PvP spec, as you know the enemy is out there.
    Most ppl like me just log in alt class and do other things if they get grank 2-3 times in the same area.
    Last edited by Wawer; 08-10-2011 at 01:56 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post

People are such carebear it's ridiculous.
    I ran around without any PVP gear on the largest servers, in stillmoor/SS/IPP, and never had any real problem with ganking.

Rage issues?
    No, you're the ennemy, that's it?
    When I play a first person shooter, I shoot any ennemy I come accross too. They're the ennemy. Why would it be any different in an MMORPG?

You have to pay money to the soul mender guy.
    They win money from your corpse, and they get some favor/prestige.

They win something, you lose something. How can you not see that it actually accomplish something? This is just as effective as "stealing ammos from the ennemy" would be in a war.

Not to mention, of course, that killing ennemy players is fun, which is the main PVP'ers play on PVP servers.

But the question is, why would YOU play on such a server? You obviously don't like world PVP and that's the only thing PVP servers have that PVE servers don't.

You can still play warfronts in PVE servers, you can still duel, you can still flag yourself when you WANT to open world pvp...
    The only difference is that in PVP servers, you can, and most likely will, get attacked at all time.

So why would you play on a server that only allows something you don't like?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast