+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trion does not owe you pvp gear

Rift Disciple

Default trion does not owe you pvp gear

So quit acting like they do. Earn it.
    Sitting around complaining about premades does nothing except fill numerous forum threads.

Why should you not go up against a premade? Because you were too lazy to put a group together means you should also only go up against those who were also too lazy to put a group together?

Oh, I know, I know.... I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PVP SOLO!!1... Well, you can, as do I quite often. Queueing solo I figure I have a 50/50 shot of winning, which is probably very optimistic. I don't sweat it when I lose though sometimes it becomes quite cumbersome, but it is a means to an end. Stop acting like the game owesyou gear, you are already getting favor/prestige when losing.

the main problem i've read is that the current model inversely affects casuals, as well as those that have started playing later than others. in other words not conducive to maintaining a population of pvprs.

i am of the persuasion that your ability to win against another should not be based on gear score, but rather how well one knows theirs and there enemies skills and performs.
    And yes the premade problem is directly related to gear, as i have never seen an r1-2 premade rolling others

you should really get over feeling self entitled because you play more, because those that play less i guarantee you dont want free gear but rather an equal playing field

and by the way i'm an r6 cleric (nearly 7)
    Last edited by j3w3l; 08-09-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Rift Disciple

While you do made a well stated and decent point, i will disagree. We ran some premdes over the weekend with a mixture of a couple rank 6s and some rank 2s and we still didn't lose a game.

I amnot big on rated wf's necessarily nor a fan breaking it up by rank, there are as many bad pvpers in rank6 gear as there are in rank 1.

I think some type of ladder system would be cool though, but until you can queue with 10-15 there isn't much you can do

Soulwalker

What they really should do is break it up in q's. Have r1-r4 and then r5-r8 , OR break up the servers so those who play on a pve server are not q'ed with those on a pvp. Many mant many WF's all i see both sides are ppl from a pvp server and the few of the pve ppl get rolled all over due to the lack of gear. The only game that ever got PvP right was GW. And well fps , which is based all on skill and 0 gear. Til then ppl will keep QQ'ing about premades

Quote Originally Posted by thechubs View Post
    So quit acting like they do. Earn it.
    Sitting around complaining about premades does nothing except fill numerous forum threads.

Why should you not go up against a premade? Because you were too lazy to put a group together means you should also only go up against those who were also too lazy to put a group together?

Oh, I know, I know.... I SHOULD BE ABLE TO PVP SOLO!!1... Well, you can, as do I quite often. Queueing solo I figure I have a 50/50 shot of winning, which is probably very optimistic. I don't sweat it when I lose though sometimes it becomes quite cumbersome, but it is a means to an end. Stop acting like the game owesyou gear, you are already getting favor/prestige when losing.
    are you on crack ? because it ruins the fun for new pvp'ers when there up against rank 6 to 8 premades al lthe time, and makes them not want to pvp, theres already enough bullcrap in pvp as it is without getting 1 shot and feeding your oposing team favor. people are just going to get annoyed and not even bother.

Rift Chaser

I don't see a problem with new people to the game simply asking for a more level playing field - the PVP balance in Rift is horrible - new players have close to zero chance.

What bothers me more are people who think they should own people through gear advantage just because they have no life/job/family.
    Last edited by Ashenne; 08-10-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Have you gone and confused "I don't enjoy being farmed by premades" with "I want my PvP gear for free"? If I had a nickel for everytime I made THAT ol' mistake... well... I'd be bankrupt.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread