+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current state of PVP

Shadowlander

Default Current state of PVP

1) Welfare gear.
    2) running instanced wf's over and over to grind rank/gear where your contribution means no more or less favor.
    3) double xp bs on weekends only. Why only weekends never understood that.
    4) lack of open world pvp objectives with any purpose or meaning.

It is sad what pvp generally consists of in mmos these days. Its a dull system built to keep people grinding for the next set of gear. I think the state of pvp is most directly affected by how the main world is designed. Two warring factions and all we can come up with is fighting over flowers or who can carry 35 stones to waypoints? What happened to sieges, keeps, etc. I know you can make your own pvp but this world doesnt encourage it. If the current carrot on a stick is p8, and some people are already there or close to it due to farming pugs all weekend, that is sad.

What do you all think? Can pvp in this game be saved?

Plane Walker

What do you want them to do?

I like the PvP in this game, it's pretty much what I would expect for PvP in an MMO only better. I have lots of play style options I can change on the fly.

Yes there is a grind for gear, it's called "progression". Pretty much a staple for an MMO, when I'm not looking for that I play my XBOX 360 (which I do sometimes).

I'm sure there will be some form of RvR down the pike, but this game is baby face new.

Shadowlander

If this is everything you expect for pvp in an mmo and better, you have only been playing theme park mmo's. Unfortunately, mmo companies have found them to be the most lucritive and thats what we get. And 'progression' can come in many forms, not just gear from your time spent running repetitive wf's.

I agree with you, I like the pvp in this game at its purest. I just dont like where its headed, ie Wow.
    Last edited by TheDOCwolf; 08-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread