+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Rifts being abused?

By taking advantage of this situation, your account has been noted for Exploitation, and we have since removed the related rewards—including currencies and the items they allowed you to obtain—for the following characters
    Thank you for playing MONOPOLY. We have noted that you chose to steal hundreds of dollars out of the in-game bank by using an unintended exploit of game mechanics. This has allowed you an unfair advantage to purchase Virginia Avenue, States Avenue, and St. Charles Place.

Ultimately, this has action has given you both property and resources that you did not earn. As a direct result of your abuse of the rules, you were able to purchase Boardwalk and Park Place before other players could legitimately compete for them.

As punishment, we have chosen to take back Virginia Avenue, States Avenue, and St. Charles Place from you. We will also waggle our finger at you; clearly warning you not to do it again. We will allow the game to continue, but just think about the hard lesson that you've learned as you continue to enjoy Boardwalk and Park Place.

Clearly this will be an acceptable solution to all the other players and we can continue our game, knowing that the field of play is once again fair and balanced.

"You cannot run faster than a bullet."
    Professional Drunkard of The Enclave

Plane Touched

I'll go on the record for being really disappointed with this outcome as well. I think since the punishment was only to lose the gains received explicitly through the exploit with no additional repercussions as a deterrent from doing this again, Trion has failed.

I said in several posts in this thread that the deterrent value was really what we were after here, and I think this resolution doesn't not provide any deterrent.

Trion, I appreciate that you took any action at all, but this has left me very unsatisfied. I suppose whether or not I continue to play depends on how fast I can get to R8 in a couple of your bonus weekends so I start smashing the goons that did this myself. I hope your 6 month celebration bonus prestige next week is extremely good.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    exploits that do not involve pvp progression (they banned and suspended for players gaining XP too fast from an exploit with wardstones)
    Which, in Rift seams a little backwards.

They do everything possible, short of creating an end game character from the off, to power people to 50.

So exploiting something that literally grows on trees, falls from the sky, and is awarded from farting gets a ban. But exploiting Rank 6 to 8 and steamrolling others gets you a rollback and a letter saying it wasn't serious. Not only does it say that but it doesn't mention repetition being serious, only taking part in a more serious exploit.

Not adding up, sorry.

Rift Chaser

Lock exploiters from ever receiving bonus prestige/favor, after rolling them back, that's the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM punishment they deserve.

Pvp used be to fun few weeks ago before this 1.4 patch, but now its completly ****ed up to me.
    No more WF'ing for me.

Gz to all exploiters for ruining the game for everyone else & especially ty Trion for doing nothing ^^

Shadowlander

Don't settle for this b.s from trion.Cancel your accounts and this WILL get fixed.If they get to keep all their stuff then i want r8 handed to me also or i'm gone.
    Pull your head out of your *** trion.

Rift Chaser

So Trion, you actually going to do something to those who got a few prestige ranks, a ton of favor and then a bunch of gear? Or are you only going to roll back a tiny amount of favor and prestige for these people?

Worthless company. Wish I would of exploited these rifts now since not much would of happened anyway, since it was only a minor exploit and not something worthy of rolling players back to where they were.

"Professional Nerd Stompers Since 1998."
    Veteran Nerd Stomper of The Enclave

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Natir View Post
    So Trion, you actually going to do something to those who got a few prestige ranks, a ton of favor and then a bunch of gear? Or are you only going to roll back a tiny amount of favor and prestige for these people?

Worthless company. Wish I would of exploited these rifts now since not much would of happened anyway, since it was only a minor exploit and not something worthy of rolling players back to where they were.
    They certainly did drop the ball on this one. If I don't cancel, I'll just look to exploit future exploits myself.

Shadowlander

1-877-708-7466 Call these *** clowns and tell them to fix it or you will quit their game.

So if the exploiter doesnt have any favor left (because they spent it all) is it going to be deducted by rolling back their gear?

Telaran

You guys just aren't getting the point.

Trion. Isn't. Going. To. Do. Anything.

Would you do anything that might cost you a single customer if you knew over half of your subscribers were guaranteed to quit in a few months ( http://www.swtor.com/ )?

Besides, the people who got all of the ranks/gear are probably much happier with Rift at this point than those who didn't, so Trion regards them as more reliable long term customers.

Rift Chaser

All those shows their subscribers is that it is truly is ok to participate in these "minor" exploits.
    Last edited by Natir; 08-19-2011 at 08:45 AM.

"Professional Nerd Stompers Since 1998."
    Veteran Nerd Stomper of The Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Zahasha View Post
    You guys just aren't getting the point.

Trion. Isn't. Going. To. Do. Anything.

Would you do anything that might cost you a single customer if you knew over half of your subscribers were guaranteed to quit in a few months ( http://www.swtor.com/ )?

Besides, the people who got all of the ranks/gear are probably much happier with Rift at this point than those who didn't, so Trion regards them as more reliable long term customers.
    Did you read Gustufs post on page 90?

Shadowlander

Tired of trions bs?Tell their investors how you are going to quit due to the ineptness of their devs.And how they are running their investment.

http://www.trionworlds.com/en/about/investors

Quote Originally Posted by Frydtofu View Post
    Did you read Gustufs post on page 90?
    Seriously.

I'm not sure I've ever run into a group of whining, impatient, demanding, self-entitled people as I have in some of the online games I've played. If I had to deal with some of the folks around here in my daily life I'd have an ulcer the size of Texas. I guess this is part of being an American these days, so sad.

Give them some time. It's obvious the process of rollbacks has just started, stop jumping to conclusions and making an *** out of assumptions.
    what is this I don't even

+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast