+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Rifts being abused?

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    Hey all,

We're always monitoring player behavior and keeping an eye out for abuse. Rest assured, anyone caught abusing game mechanics will have their characters rolled back after a thorough investigation.

Other disciplinary actions may be taken by our support team up to and including suspension or termination of their account.

We don't tolerate cheating, any benefits earned will be short lived and dealt with swiftly - thanks
    Wow I was gonna work on getting to 8 that way but I guess Ill go back to defending by the boss in scion
    Last edited by Original_Hellfire; 08-09-2011 at 05:56 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    So, I see there is some abuse of PvP rifts going on...

It seems as though this "abuse" is earning upwards of 50k pristege/hr, and R8's are starting to flow...

(I do remember in wow when the top arena teams were "Abusing" for Glad... Which was shut down by the GM's)

Exploit or Legal use of game mechanics?

/discuss
    If you mean the one posted in the forums before, it is definitely an exploit. Refrain from posting it and just email it to support instead.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Bawler View Post
    Just saw a guild clearly being bads. Needing to get guardians to run shards into them so that they dont actually have to pvp.

http://rift-specs.com/news.php?id=3
    Let's get real -- we can't all be good at PvP.

Lol, they're still doing this after hotfix, just stealthed up to a pvp rift in IPP and about 10 defiants/10guardans trading stones. People actually defending this in 50 chat, so pathetic.

(Gear)

Rift Disciple

Hotfix? there hasnt been a hotfix broseph

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bawler View Post
    /sigh

This really needs to be fixed ASAP. Its hard to do ATM, but, I will try to have faith in Trion for the time being...

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    Lol, they're still doing this after hotfix, just stealthed up to a pvp rift in IPP and about 10 defiants/10guardans trading stones. People actually defending this in 50 chat, so pathetic.
    Yeah, its pathetic.
    If you tell them to stop because GM's are looking into it because its "cheating" they just insult you right away.
    Inzaghi @Bloodiron -Defiant PvP Rogue

Plane Touched

The sadest part about this, what little "balance" and "consistency" the entire RIFT community shared while doing this grind, has been changed. No longer are we all on equal footing for gains...

It seems the shear ammount of people doing this will be very hard, if not impossiable to track down and punish accordingly.

I can promise if guilds were bugging all of HK boss's to clear it in 3-4hours, it would have been hotfixed instantly and rolled back. Not this, we need time to investagate....

Last edited by Columbian; 08-09-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dojima View Post
    Yeah, its pathetic.
    If you tell them to stop because GM's are looking into it because its "cheating" they just insult you right away.
    As I said before, much like those that afk'd or played without participating in warfronts during headstart and the first real month nothing is going to happen to these people. Remember when people were hitting 50 within a week because of an exploit with summoned mobs? Did anything happen to them or was there a hotfix followed by nothing?

TW is excellent with lip service, it's the follow through that tends to be lacking.
    Last edited by Villaintine; 08-09-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    The sadest part about this, what little "balance" and "consistency" the entire RIFT community shared while doing this grind, has been changed. No longer are we all on equal footing for gains...

It seems the shear ammount of people doing this will be very hard, if not impossiable to track down and punish accordingly.

I can promise if guilds were bugging all of HK boss's to clear it in 3-4hours, it would have been hotfixed instantly and rolled back. Not this, we need time to investagate....

This would take a trion programmer about 10 minutes to develope a program to scan log files and pull names of people who exploited the system by ******ed favor gains and rollback or suspend whatever they want to do. It is hardly impossible, they have data for everything.

Anyone who was playing tf2 during the hatpocolypse knows what im talkin about.
    Last edited by branmuffin; 08-09-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Even if they could, why would they? No one is going to quit over this. People would definitely quit for being rolled back. I almost wish I'd been a part of it, skipping the grind to rank 8 and just being able to play the 50s BGs like I did in the ones I leveled in to 50 in (i.e. without having to grind for gear) might have gotten me to re-sub.

As it is, no chance of that until they separate the queues by rank or somehow reduce the gear disparity between level 50s of different ranks in WFs.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Villaintine View Post
    Even if they could, why would they? No one is going to quit over this. People would definitely quit for being rolled back. I almost wish I'd been a part of it, skipping the grind to rank 8 and just being able to play the 50s BGs like I did in the ones I leveled in to 50 in (i.e. without having to grind for gear) might have gotten me to re-sub.

As it is, no chance of that until they separate the queues by rank or somehow reduce the gear disparity between level 50s of different ranks in WFs.
    I hope they do quit. I dont want to play with people who exploit to get ahead, so screw them and let them quit and have the real pvp'ers stay.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Villaintine View Post
    Even if they could, why would they? No one is going to quit over this.
    I'm pretty sure alot of people will quit if Trion doesn't deal properly with major exploits like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnerer View Post
    I'm pretty sure alot of people will quit if Trion doesn't deal properly with major exploits like this.
    They'll deal with it as they have before. There will be a hotfix for the actual exploit followed by a post on the forums saying they are reviewing players during this time and those found guilty blah blah blah then nothing actually happens to anyone. They post what you want to hear on the boards while nothing actually occurs in game. That way those players that didn't take advantage of the exploit aren't butthurt nor are those that did.

Can't believe everything you read on the internet.

And yet another reason that opposing factions shouldnt be able to talk/yell to each other
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast