Default riftstalkers @ whitefall BLINK BLINK BLINK BLINK

title says

fix

thx

Ascendant

fixed and working.

get better and work as a team to counter the runner specs
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Plane Touched

I bet youre a rogue.

They blink faster than you run on a 110% mount. If you catch up to them you get CC'd. If you *try* to CC them it has no effect.

Go away.

Warriors and Mages can instagib 1 person

Clerics can instagib entire teams.

Rogues can run the f away.

Working as intended.
    Last edited by paper; 08-09-2011 at 12:38 PM.
    Storytime - Breaking Bads

Put 3 guys on Defense? he can't CC more than two and he has no ability to deal damage whatsoever. What's the problem?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sowl View Post
    Put 3 guys on Defense? he can't CC more than two and he has no ability to deal damage whatsoever. What's the problem?
    Problem is, we had 6 guys "chasing" him and he made it faster to their base than we could catch him up using 110% mounts AND attacking, charging & CC constantly.

Ascendant

That about sums up the solution. Rogues, and in particular riftstalkers, are ideally suited to playing courier in warfronts. If your team can only muster one or two people to play defense, you don't deserve the win in the first place. If you know the other team has an RS runner, you adapt and overcome. As a team. Or you lose. That is all.

Plane Touched

Read: 6 people

Ascendant

also realize that rogues are team players, not crazy *** high damage players. our job is support in all aspects of the game right now.

both teams have the opportunity to have a runner spec support rogue to run the shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Myso View Post
    Problem is, we had 6 guys "chasing" him and he made it faster to their base than we could catch him up using 110% mounts AND attacking, charging & CC constantly.
    Thing is, he can't heal himself. So he got his team to back him up. You showed up too late. I mean, sure if ALL of you guys were on the rez pad when he capped it. Then maybe you got no chance to get him, but since usually fights occur midfield, your team had plenty of time and place to stop him.

I mean, being one myself for my team sometimes, with no support and some awareness from the other team gets me killed. Odds are you were in a bad team, that's it.
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-09-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Plane Touched

Thing is, he can't heal himself. So he got his team to back him up. You showed up too late. I mean, sure if ALL of you guys were on the rez pad when he capped it. Then maybe you got no chance to get him, but since usually fights occur midfield, your team had plenty of time and place to stop him.
    We caught him right outside our own gates, he simply cc'd one of our guys, blinked away and after that it was not possible to catch up until he reached the other far gates with 110% mount.

Ascendant

I mean, being one myself for my team sometimes, with no support and some awareness from the other team gets me killed. Odds are you were in a bad team, that's it.
    attacking, charging, and being mounted at 110% couldn't keep up with him!

Ascendant

You can't attack, charge, and ride a 100% mount all at the same time. Riftstalker has only limited access to their porting abilities while carrying sourcestones.

Tip #1: Don't run ahead of them. You're just giving them a free port.

Tip #2: Don't try to CC them right after they port.

Tip #3: Anticipate the sprint (which is only 90% runspeed, btw) and don't leave blue orbs lying around for them to take.

Tip #4: I've seen 6 players standing around thumping on a razorbeast in Black Garden more times than I can count. Some players are more effective than others. Instead of assuming that simply because you had enough people that the RS should have gone down, assume that if you had 6 competent players chasing him he would have. Then when we put 2 and 2 together, we get something like this:

"We had 6 people chasing this Riftstalker. We didn't leave any blue orbs lying around for them, we all had 110% mounts. We should have been able to kill him but for some reason he still got away. Obviously out of the 6 people we had chasing him, not all of them were all that great and could probably stand to learn how to play better if they want to win."

Plane Touched

Na you don't see the situation.

6 people attack the RS, stun, root etc. Now the RS blinks away and is out of range, so you have the options:
    1) mount up to follow
    2) try to run?

If you pick either if them, this will happen:
    1 > You will waste so much time to mount up, that he would already have blinked once more and is out of reach even if you are at your own gates to start with.
    2 > yeah.. come on

Ascendant

Na you don't see the situation.

6 people attack the RS, stun, root etc. Now the RS blinks away and is out of range, so you have the options:
    1) mount up to follow
    2) try to run?

If you pick either if them, this will happen:
    1 > You will waste so much time to mount up, that he would already have blinked once more and is out of reach even if you are at your own gates to start with.
    2 > yeah.. come on
    Mount faster. Seriously. Apply a keybind to your mount and stay on the ball. You'll catch them.

Please...and I mean this seriously...don't continue with this whole "6 people couldn't catch and kill a single RS stone runner" because it makes it look like you and 5 players on your team were fully inept and slow as hell. Play better. Learn to identify when other people on your team could stand to play better. React faster. Make smarter decisions. That's how you improve. Running to the forums demanding nerfs just helps you stay bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast