+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favormania???

Default Favormania???

So I read the forums constantly and have NEVER seen a clear announcement on what this past weekend was in terms of favor. Everything I read from players (and in game) said it was going to be each weekend and a different WF each weekend.

Then, today's patch implied it was JUST ONE weekend.
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Ascendant

at the release of 1.4, they were giving double favor for everything done.

the bonus escalation wfs weekend gave double on top of that.

the latter will continue, the former will not.

you should see weekend bonus alternate mode warfronts that give double favor and prestige.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Default ..

Also, when I do a search for "Favormania" nothing is found. I don't understand how this could have been announced to everyone and yet I cannot locate it on the forums or in the news section.

Anyonw have the real scoop on whether it's every weekend and where all this is announced???
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Default ..

Thanks Generatedname,

So to be clear, you too understand that there will be "double favor" weekends for a particular warfront. Can you tell me where though that is posted?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Also, when I do a search for "Favormania" nothing is found. I don't understand how this could have been announced to everyone and yet I cannot locate it on the forums or in the news section.

Anyonw have the real scoop on whether it's every weekend and where all this is announced???
    in the 1.4 patch notes something along the lines of "[prestige and favor gains have been cranked to level 11! enjoy the temporary boost as we will be changing this soon]"

something like that, too lazy to look up the direct quote

Ascendant

fine ill read the 1.4 patch notes for you:

* Alternate-mode Warfronts appear on weekends and are highlighted in the Warfront queue UI when available. These Warfronts grant double awards while available.

About the favormania:

* Favor and Prestige rewards have been turned up to 11 with the introduction of PvP Rifts and Warfront Weekends. We do expect to turn these down, so enjoy the temporary boost!

Default ..

Again, thank you but please realize I do read the patch notes. 99% of the time I read them upon login unless they are super long. I did see "turned up to 11", but honestly, WTF does "up to 11" mean? I didn't know there was a level. I also did see there would be a bonus but here is where it gets less detailed

How do you know from what time to what time (day?). Would it start Fri-Sun night? Only "Sat-Sun". It's a bit vague.

I'm someone who has one character at 50 days, 14 hours and another at 16 days. It's not like I am not in the mix of what is going on so if I missed this, I venture to say others did too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Again, thank you but please realize I do read the patch notes. 99% of the time I read them upon login unless they are super long. I did see "turned up to 11", but honestly, WTF does "up to 11" mean? I didn't know there was a level. I also did see there would be a bonus but here is where it gets less detailed

How do you know from what time to what time (day?). Would it start Fri-Sun night? Only "Sat-Sun". It's a bit vague.

I'm someone who has one character at 50 days, 14 hours and another at 16 days. It's not like I am not in the mix of what is going on so if I missed this, I venture to say others did too.
    its a spinal tap reference, i haven't seen the movie but i understand the dude is making a big deal about his amp going all the way up to 11 instead of 1-10 for volume and he is convinced that 11 is louder than 10 on the amps that only go 1 to 10. "crank it up to 11"

Rift Chaser

Yes, it's a movie reference. His amp goes up to 11, which clearly makes it better than anyone who's amp only goes up to 10.

11>10.

And yes, while it was in the patch notes, it was kind of a bummer to use an old movie reference instead of saying, "favor rewards greatly increased!"

However, it would've only took 30 seconds in the new Whitefall, which was highlighted in game to show bonus rewards to figure things out.

+ Reply to Thread