+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By VirusDancer
  • 1 Post By Chronicar

Thread: WF Improvment

Shadowlander

Default WF Improvment

The level 50 population seems to be the majority now. It is healthy enough and robust enough to start dividing up matches by Rank. This will greatly improve the performance and balance of matches.

To me a good starting point is to divide level 50 ranks into two groups. A Rank 1-4 Division and a Rank 4-8 Division. That will make a big difference and help keep everyone happy too.

Should start this trend sooner than later.. I can't imagine how a Rank 1 would feel being put up against a Rank 20 in the near future.

This would really only work if they gave the R5-8 an option to downrank themselves. I'm all for the separation of R1-4 and R5-8, but I understand there are friends that want to play together that would not be able to do so with such a separation. Thus, the higher ranked should have a way to set their Rank at a lower level that cannot be changed during a WF and would only allow them access to abilities up to that Rank and gear up to that Rank.
    Last edited by VirusDancer; 08-09-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

I would like to add a whole bunch of "no" to this thread.
    Last edited by Chronicar; 08-09-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    I would like to add a whole bunch of "no" to this thread.
    In what regard...?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

I would just like the WFs to stay the way they are. I just want to get in and pew pew. I don't want to have to wait longer so I can fight all the other no gear scrubs like me. I want to fight with my team of mixed people against the other team.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

I would just like the WFs to stay the way they are. I just want to get in and pew pew. I don't want to have to wait longer so I can fight all the other no gear scrubs like me. I want to fight with my team of mixed people against the other team.
    This really comes down to the clusters. For some, there is a decent mix of Ranks on both sides. For some, it is basically a case of being farmed along the way.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    This would really only work if they gave the R5-8 an option to downrank themselves. I'm all for the separation of R1-4 and R5-8, but I understand there are friends that want to play together that would not be able to do so with such a separation. Thus, the higher ranked should have a way to set their Rank at a lower level that cannot be changed during a WF and would only allow them access to abilities up to that Rank and gear up to that Rank.
    Ya I miss typed but you are correct R1-4 and R5-8.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    This really comes down to the clusters. For some, there is a decent mix of Ranks on both sides. For some, it is basically a case of being farmed along the way.
    Ya most of us PvPers want to PvP and not do idle farming or slaughter losses for scraps of points. It's also not going to affect ques nearly as much as you think seeing how the same amount of players were divided up among 5 brackets early on. If they really need to they can widen the scope of cross server groups.

On the flip side AS a high Rank PvPer wading though a bunch of "nub" is very dull. Might as well be playing a single player game with cheat codes active...."Yawn." I also feel that killing weaklings should result in negative points as well but I know that is not a popular view.

Quote Originally Posted by Dex47 View Post
    The level 50 population seems to be the majority now. It is healthy enough and robust enough to start dividing up matches by Rank. This will greatly improve the performance and balance of matches.

To me a good starting point is to divide level 50 ranks into two groups. A Rank 1-4 Division and a Rank 4-8 Division. That will make a big difference and help keep everyone happy too.

Should start this trend sooner than later.. I can't imagine how a Rank 1 would feel being put up against a Rank 20 in the near future.
    A typical one star thread posted by somebody who doesnt want to take his lickings like the rest of us did. OP is so special he demands a rework of the pvp system so that he doesn't have to put his due in.

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    A typical one star thread posted by somebody who doesnt want to take his lickings like the rest of us did. OP is so special he demands a rework of the pvp system so that he doesn't have to put his due in.
    So before there were R6 players, the R1 players were fighting R6 players?
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread