+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Uruvsuurt

Thread: r6 gear ruining any new 50's pvp ???

Telaran

Default r6 gear ruining any new 50's pvp ???

so r6's nullify multiple souls for pvp till you get either high rank yoruself, or your up in the good end raid gear. it kinda ruins any new 50's pvp entirely. that dmg reduction is a serious pain in the arse to pierce.

and if you get a premade r6 group with rando's your prettymuch screwed since the'll roll you most the time.
    Last edited by cyborgtemplar; 08-09-2011 at 09:11 AM.

And the match will be over quickly, you'll get your favor and prestige (though reduced compared to winning, still since the match is usually quick, your PPS(PrestigePerSecond) is usually rather good) and requeue for the next WF.

I'm only r3.5 at the moment, but I don't really sweat the gap, I'll just keep grinding it out. There's really no way to have rewards that are meaningful for PvP and still maintain a balance between ranks.

Keep on plugging and use the time to learn to maximize your abilities at every rank you pass through, then when you're max rank you'll own other maxxed ranks that didn't pay attention or AFKed their way up.
    Last edited by Cord 8D; 08-09-2011 at 09:29 AM.
    So, you think healthcare is a "right"? Then you also support the indenturing and/or enslavement of healthcare workers. Healthcare isn't a naturally occurring phenomenon like sunshine or air, someone else has to produce it, at a cost of their own time, and thus a portion of their life. So, be careful of what you would have the government claim for you at the point of a gun...

Plane Touched

RIFT: Queue for 10 minutes, get your *** kicked, queue again for 10.

They need to introduction faction transfers soon.

Soulwalker

so at 50 you're either getting rolled, or after the grind to r6 you're doing the rolling. Neither makes for a good PvP experience. I think I will stick with pre-50 PvP

Wow I love seeing baddies qq over those who have earned their position.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Wow I love seeing baddies qq over those who have earned their position.
    I wouldn't say that anyone "earned" rank 6 so much as endured what they had to to get it.

any new PvPers are worthless till about R3 atleast.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Finaltidus View Post
    any new PvPers are worthless till about R3 atleast.
    They're not worthless. Wolves will always need sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartan View Post
    RIFT: Queue for 10 minutes, get your *** kicked, queue again for 10.

They need to introduction faction transfers soon.
    Translation: They need to let me switch factions to whichever one wins more in my warfront shard group.

Ah yes, video game entitlement.
    Everyone wants an

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfetx View Post
    I also have no issue with every one getting a trophy. I think its a wonderful concept even in the real life version.

Shadowlander

What are players with R6 gear supposed to do? Just stop pvping and wait until every possible/potential pvper that may decide to pvp, gets R6 gear?

Is it frustrating to start a new activity and have a hard time competing vs those that have rewards and experience at said activity? yes.

Should something be done about it? no.

You just have to play and learn and develop skills and teamwork.

Plane Touched

I say we force pee wee football players to play full contact games against the pros. The pros clearly paid their dues and earned their right to run over 8 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Uruvsuurt View Post

You just have to play and learn and develop skills and teamwork.
    Skill does not matter if your opponent severely out gears you. /point nullified kthxbai

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Meh. An exciting few days for me. Regarding valor, I earned rank 6 and needed 300K more favor for a few r6 pieces. And maybe another 150K for sigils, runes, etc. So now there is ranks higher, the gear has changed, my xp meter is reading like 605K. I'm just burnt on it. Sure I stay alive longer (790 V maybe) but in all the WF's I served in I mostly died by focus fire and I still do. The nature of warfronts is focus fire, burn them down and not too many survive that whatever the gear.

I run mostly warlock variations with the pet in questing and chloro in PvP so I can aoe hots. I don't feel like I do any real damage. The pet was no good though everybody has one out in lower brackets. I can get 3 or 4 kills in my chlorolock. I'm effective if we group otherwise not so much. void bolt is my big shot? haha. I am more a EQ wizard type. I like tossing 36K crits instead of nibbling. I done chanter and I don't really want to run Dom right now. So what to do.

Anyways when my shard went down the other day and others were up so I started a rogue on Faemist. 31 now with 60K favor saved. I keep the best shotgun I can. Reminds me of a pyro on wheels. Absolutely no heals. It's fun for me. I get more kills and I don't die any more often than the mage or cleric ever die. I am a BADs though and have no friends.

Anyway I moved my 29 cleric to Faemist to support the rogue. And yesterday my mage too. Had to change names again? go figure. I think I'll run the rogue up. I am having fun in the wf's. shotgun blasting. To be honest I felt the same in 50's as any other bracket. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

+ Reply to Thread