+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The ultimate PVP solution!!!!!!!!!

Rift Disciple

Default The ultimate PVP solution!!!!!!!!!

Dear All,
    Working on the premise that many minds are better than a few I have compiled the work that we have all done and come up with the last word in curing all the games ills-Here is the solution...

1) All DPS from all classes need to be reduced 20%
    2)All healing from all classes needs to be reduced 20%
    3)The targetting system needs to be made so that no more than two enemy DPS players can target another player at once.
    4)The targetting system needs to be made so that more than two friendly healer players can target another player at once.
    5)All healing should work on diminishing returns
    6)All DPS should work on diminishing returns
    7)All debuffs should work on diminishing returns
    8)A punk buster type program needs to be introduced blocking all VOIP background applications.
    9)Only one WF gets run every half hour and only if there is an even balance of classes on both sides.
    10)PVP ranks should be eliminated and all PVP armour standardised statistic wise to prevent R6s etc steamrolling R1s
    11)All Cleric DPS souls should be deleted
    12)Clerics that dont heal good HPS in WFs get flagged as a deserter to teach them to try harder next time.
    13)Warriors should get a leash of pocket healery which they can put on a healer at the beginning of every WF-This should enable the healer to score extra HPS marks to make it less likely that him/her will get deserter flagged at the end.
    14)Get rid of all stealth abilities for Rogues
    15)Get rid of mana drain for mages
    16)Get rid of any non melee ranged abilities for warriors
    17)Get rid of PVP rifts.
    18)Make all PVP armour etc unequip in PVE encounters
    19)Make all PVE armour etc unequip in PVP encounters

There you go!!! All fixed. The game we always wanted.

T

Absolutely brilliant. /signed

Plane Touched

I agree with this :

Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Dear All,
    Working on the premise that many minds are better than a few I have compiled the work that we have all done and come up with the last word in curing all the games ills-Here is the solution...
    Let me grab a soda.

Scaling and caps would work better than flat reduction because of the nature of scaling in the game. Normally, a flat reduction would scale along the line - but that line is a curve...

Same as DPS...

3)The targetting system needs to be made so that no more than two enemy DPS players can target another player at once.
    Or perhaps address the targeting system so that it is not just a focus train. If five people target a person independently, there's nothing wrong with that. When four of the five only target the fifth as the fifth targets...that is kind of sad in a funny way - or funny in a sad way. I forget which.

4)The targetting system needs to be made so that more than two friendly healer players can target another player at once.
    Kind of runs into the same issue as above...

5)All healing should work on diminishing returns
    Technically, it does...

6)All DPS should work on diminishing returns
    Technically, it does...

7)All debuffs should work on diminishing returns
    Technically, they do...

8)A punk buster type program needs to be introduced blocking all VOIP background applications.
    Would be easier just to enforce Premade and PUG separation, no? Fewer legal issues.

9)Only one WF gets run every half hour and only if there is an even balance of classes on both sides.
    I tend to ignore the people that want LFG versions of WFs... c'mon, we all know how silly they are.

10)PVP ranks should be eliminated and all PVP armour standardised statistic wise to prevent R6s etc steamrolling R1s
    Kind of an odd fix instead of just breaking R1-4 and R5-8 into separate groups.

11)All Cleric DPS souls should be deleted
    Or all Callings should have healing...oh wait, everybody but Warrior does. Warrior needs a healing soul - how about making Reaver work like a death version of Justicar, eh?

12)Clerics that dont heal good HPS in WFs get flagged as a deserter to teach them to try harder next time.
    With the above change though, this would not matter...

13)Warriors should get a leash of pocket healery which they can put on a healer at the beginning of every WF-This should enable the healer to score extra HPS marks to make it less likely that him/her will get deserter flagged at the end.
    Addressing #11, #8 & #4 would make this unnecessary.

14)Get rid of all stealth abilities for Rogues
    On a serious note, they really need to have the Ascended buff affect the effective level of a player stealthing in 10-49 brackets. I always feel bad for that Rogue that thinks they're sneaking up on you but you can see them easy as day...

15)Get rid of mana drain for mages
    For Mages or from Mages...?

16)Get rid of any non melee ranged abilities for warriors
    Nah, they just need to be toned down...

17)Get rid of PVP rifts.
    But I like getting credit for closing them while having contributed nothing to them... lol, yeah - got credit, was like - what is this? Oh... it is such a fail trip.

18)Make all PVP armour etc unequip in PVE encounters
    19)Make all PVE armour etc unequip in PVP encounters
    I'm still trying to figure out how that one guys thing would have worked in World PvP where you get jumped by a PC while fighting a NPC... which gear would you have, man? Which gear, man?

There you go!!! All fixed. The game we always wanted.

T
    It was a good attempt at putting together a list of actual issues and some of the absurdity to be found on the forums... kind of like a quiz.

Given how Trion has addressed things since the headstart, want to bet that they fail the quiz?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread