+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 126
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why don't PvP quests actually flag you for PvP?

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default Why don't PvP quests actually flag you for PvP?

    All the daily PvP quests should flag you for PvP as soon as you attack a mob related to it or click an object related to the PvP quest. It's silly that as it is now the PvP quests work just like normal PvE quests and do not seem to be related to any sort of PvP what so ever.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    469

    Default

    we were actually discussing this as well, but with the way they have it set up you can't.
    All of the mobs used in these quests are also pve quest mobs. I certainly agree if it is a pvp favor quest you should get flagged
    I bet these are pretty entertaining on pvp servers

  3. #3
    Champion Naduri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Agree totally. This is about the fourth or fifth post now on this subject. Its farcical watching cowards doing the PvP quests and making favor/prestige WITHOUT having to PvP.

    In theory you could get to Rank 8 without ever engaging another player. Laughable.

    Having the PvP quests in your journal should flag you for PvP.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Scarlyng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naduri View Post
    Agree totally. This is about the fourth or fifth post now on this subject. Its farcical watching cowards doing the PvP quests and making favor/prestige WITHOUT having to PvP.

    In theory you could get to Rank 8 without ever engaging another player. Laughable.

    Having the PvP quests in your journal should flag you for PvP.
    So touchy. I find it comical that people assume intent and throw insults at others because of that assumption. Maybe the players y'all are referring to are deliberately taking advantage of a design flaw, or maybe the player just forgot to check the auto-flag option. To paraphrase, never ascribe to intent what can be explained by ignorance or forgetfulness. I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.
    And thus I clothe my naked villainy
    With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
    And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.-- William Shakespeare

  5. #5
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    I was pretty surprised that you could complete PvP daily quest objectives without being PvP flagged.

    Either a fail by Trion or them catering to PvErs.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlyng View Post
    So touchy. I find it comical that people assume intent and throw insults at others because of that assumption. Maybe the players y'all are referring to are deliberately taking advantage of a design flaw, or maybe the player just forgot to check the auto-flag option. To paraphrase, never ascribe to intent what can be explained by ignorance or forgetfulness. I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt until they prove me wrong.
    Or maybe people on PvE servers couldn't actually care less about the favor and prestige, and are just trying to get their noteriety with order of the eye maxed, because PvEers tend to be completionists.

    It baffles me why PvPers are complaining about this since it's only an issue on PvE servers. Want PvP? Why aren't you on a PvP server? Because people on PvP servers are too hard for you? You have to actively seek out people with no interest in PvP so you can ruin their day?

    Really hope Trion doesn't change this. It isn't an issue that PvEers are doing PvE quests.

    Signed, a PvPer on a PvP server.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 08-09-2011 at 05:56 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naduri View Post
    In theory you could get to Rank 8 without ever engaging another player. Laughable.
    And it would only take... what... like 3 years?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    OIt baffles me why PvPers are complaining about this since it's only an issue on PvE servers. Want PvP? Why aren't you on a PvP server? Because people on PvP servers are too hard for you? You have to actively seek out people with no interest in PvP so you can ruin their day?

    Really hope Trion doesn't change this. It isn't an issue that PvEers are doing PvE quests.
    Did you miss the part where it states "DAILY PVP QUESTS"? If they were not ment to be any PvP in them, then do not call them PVP quests, and do not reward favor/prestige.

    And if they have no interest in PvP they should NOT take the PVP Quests! Just as they should not go and do PvP Rifts either.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    Did you miss the part where it states "DAILY PVP QUESTS"? If they were not ment to be any PvP in them, then do not call them PVP quests, and do not reward favor/prestige.

    And if they have no interest in PvP they should NOT take the PVP Quests! Just as they should not go and do PvP Rifts either.
    For one thing, you completely ignored the first paragraph in my response explaining why someone would want to do the PvP quests as if they were PvE quests, for noteriety. What harm is there in giving PvEers prestige and favor? Seriously? Oh right I forgot, because PvP gear is better for PvE than PvE gear, what a travesty!

    For number 2, you cannot do PvP rifts unless you flag. You cannot run stones unflagged, you cannot attack an enemy rift unflagged. No issue. What are you crying about?

    Stop being a predator and transfer to a PvP shard. We need people right now.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 08-09-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Adeezha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Type /pvp. Bingo! You are ready to pvp in those areas. Oh, you want to gank...

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Naduri View Post
    Agree totally. This is about the fourth or fifth post now on this subject. Its farcical watching cowards doing the PvP quests and making favor/prestige WITHOUT having to PvP.

    In theory you could get to Rank 8 without ever engaging another player. Laughable.

    Having the PvP quests in your journal should flag you for PvP.
    The story goes both ways, and many pve players ask WHY must they be forced to do PVP to do a silly quest. You PvP'ers only want easy kills you want to grief pve players..

    Nope i like the system leave them alone these are ON PVE servers not PvP servers remember that.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    For one thing, you completely ignored the first paragraph in my response explaining why someone would want to do the PvP quests as if they were PvE quests, for noteriety. What harm is there in giving PvEers prestige and favor? Seriously? Oh right I forgot, because PvP gear is better for PvE than PvE gear, what a travesty!

    For number 2, you cannot do PvP rifts unless you flag. You cannot run stones unflagged, you cannot attack an enemy rift unflagged. No issue. What are you crying about?

    Stop being a predator and transfer to a PvP shard. We need people right now.
    And that Noteriety is for a PVP Vendor, so still, it's PvP quests that gives PvP currency and PvP faction. These are NOT PvE quests, hence they should force your PvP flag on if you try to interact with anything related to them while having the quests. If you attack the mobs without the quest, you should not be flagged ofcourse.

    And I know that you get flagged in PvP Rifts, but I've seen alot of complains on that aswell from PvEers, that they want to be able to do it without being flaged. (Carry stones that is).

    And no, I am not a Predator, if just want choices to matter. If you choose to do PvP quests you should be PvP flagged while doing them. No one is forcing you to take those quests.

    It's like saying that I want to be able to solo the Daily Raid Rifts quests...

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,684

    Default

    Sounds like some weak PvPer's are looking for easy targets to gank... I see no problem with some PvP quest dailies.. If PvP is truly your gig, then play on a PvP server..

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adeezha View Post
    Type /pvp. Bingo! You are ready to pvp in those areas. Oh, you want to gank...
    No, I don't want to gank, but I want people who do PvP things to actually be flagged for PvP and willing to PvP. If they don't like that, then don't do the PvP quests. It's only a small area of one and there are A LOT of other things you can do if you don't want to participate in PvP.

  15. #15
    Rift Master Grev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luterin View Post
    No, I don't want to gank, but I want people who do PvP things to actually be flagged for PvP and willing to PvP. If they don't like that, then don't do the PvP quests. It's only a small area of one and there are A LOT of other things you can do if you don't want to participate in PvP.
    Then get ure ars onto a PvP server
    Originally Posted by Cactuschef

    Souls:
    Fixed a problem where you could combine certain talents for a useful result.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts