+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some easy to implement suggestions for warfronts

Soulwalker

Default Some easy to implement suggestions for warfronts

Trion,

Lets face it, people are very quickly getting Rank 8 and will begin to play only during the weekends due to the "double favor/super fast favor WF".

You should take a note from Guild Wars 1, one of the few MMOs that actually got PVP right. When they were faced with depopulation (and too many warfront maps... something this game doesn't have unfortunately), they too implemented a "double favor" warfront.

The difference... they rotated it. Every day, it was a new warfront that was double favor. This will keep people playing other maps beyond the "new" whitefront.

Additionally, the favor gained in this new warfront is just absurd. Rank 6->8 is faster than the old rank5->rank6.

Suggested changes:
    1) Make one warfront double favor every day, but rotate it on a daily basis. This will keep other maps still alive.
    2) Lessen the favor (in particular for the winning team) in the new whitefall.
    3) Make the new whitefall available all week long, just not as double favor. It is not a new warfront, but merely what whitefall should have been all along. Making it only available during the weekend means that one thing you got right isn't always available for people to play.

Other changes which I'm sure you've heard a million times:
    4) Ranking/Leaderboards
    5) Arenas
    6) An actually new warfront
    7) Real world PVP... although I doubt this one will ever happen. But a good wish.
    Last edited by Aschere; 08-09-2011 at 04:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aschere View Post
    Suggested changes:
    1) Make one warfront double favor every day, but rotate it on a daily basis. This will keep other maps still alive.
    Odds are they are testing out E:WS to see if they will add E:BG, Eex, E:Scion. When they do, they should have one per weekend and rotate them.

2) Lessen the favor (in particular for the winning team) in the new whitefall.
    It was a combination of F/P being turned up overall and the increase for Escalation. They stated that the overall turning up is not necessarily going to be a permanent change.

3) Make the new whitefall available all week long, just not as double favor. It is not a new warfront, but merely what whitefall should have been all along. Making it only available during the weekend means that one thing you got right isn't always available for people to play.
    Many people do not like E:WS. I had no problem getting other WFs to pop over the weekend and spent most of my time in them. E:WS for the most part is mindless zerg farming.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

favor is way to high atm anyways im p7 got all my p7 gear on soon as i hit it and got tokens for all my p8 gear rdy nothing left to spend on bought all the weapons/offhand/low lvl mount im running out of ideas =(

pls tone it down a bit its just insane and way to high
    Cleric wants detaunt to auto proc on everyone hitting me!! QQ god damn heal debuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Dissi View Post
    favor is way to high atm anyways im p7 got all my p7 gear on soon as i hit it and got tokens for all my p8 gear rdy nothing left to spend on bought all the weapons/offhand/low lvl mount im running out of ideas =(

pls tone it down a bit its just insane and way to high
    Thing is... it is not just about those that hit R7/8 and are buying everything. It is also about the fresh 50s that need to get there...

...it will be interesting to see if Trion can actually turn it back down without leaving a huge gap there.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread