+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Botting question.

Rift Disciple

Post Botting question.

I recently started seeing a few characters who continuously run together, seemingly simultaneously target the character, and chase after it until the character they're targeting dies (I'm not certain if they change target when they die.) To me this looks like a pair of bots, but it could just be a bad dual boxer so I'm not certain. So i guess my question is if anyone else has seen this, and is it possible to prove one way or another if this is some kind of bot?

Yeah, i've seen over 50 bots so far. very annoying.

Rift Disciple

I'm seen various bots thus far, but this is the first one in Rift that I have seen actually chase players down.

jca
    Rift Chaser

If they're actively chasing players down, I doubt very very seriously that it's a bot. First off, /follow doesn't work with hostile targets and the logic involved to code something like that isn't worth the effort. Chasing down and killing other players does nothing that a botter would find beneficial.

99.9% you're seeing a multiboxer.

I have seen this at War Fronts, player AFK following an active player. They do this to increase favor / prestige rewards for noob players. I don't agree with this (lack) attitude.

+ Reply to Thread