+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NEW pvp content sick of grinding WF.

Telaran

Default NEW pvp content sick of grinding WF.

So what happens when i get rank 8? nothing else to do how boring, so i got good idea add new pvp content , and not new war front ,zzz

How ABOUT rating warfronts guild vs guild.
    or arena 5v5.

Any of 2 good are good ideas i spoken to many pvp guilds they both agree that that good idea. i mean wtf we meet to do after grinding for ages get rank 8 ?

many have resub for patch 1.4 because of new ranks they will quit again once they hit rank 8, because there nothing to do after that there NO next step. like geting all this mad gear and nothing to do after that, only raid pve, plz trion add something NEW , not just warfront and btw them new pvp rift dayies so ****y boring

Rift Disciple

I agree 100%.

The 'whitefall version' was a slap in the face of the PvP community where Trion showed how much they care about PvP. Why don't you try to do a 'GSB Version' next time instead of a new raid instance? Huh? See how well that goes down.

We need some competitive 'end PvP game'.
    If that is rated arenas, rated battlegrounds, or something else I don't know - but it sure as hell isn't another 'version' of a warfront or even a NEW warfront.

Want to keep PvP subs? Better get to it damn quick.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbulb View Post
    I agree 100%.

The 'whitefall version' was a slap in the face of the PvP community where Trion showed how much they care about PvP. Why don't you try to do a 'GSB Version' next time instead of a new raid instance? Huh? See how well that goes down.

If that is rated arenas, rated battlegrounds, or something else I don't know - but it sure as hell isn't another 'version' of a warfront or even a NEW warfront.

i agree , they need to add something not next 2 patches , they need to add this ON next patch.

even if it was more WFs that would be awesome---for pete's sake there are only 4 ---with one more on the weekend?

AND YOU CAN WIN ONE WITHOUT SEEING ANY OPPOSING PLAYERS--

do better.
    we want more.
    make it happen.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
    even if it was more WFs that would be awesome---for pete's sake there are only 4 ---with one more on the weekend?

AND YOU CAN WIN ONE WITHOUT SEEING ANY OPPOSING PLAYERS--

do better.
    we want more.
    make it happen.
    No way we want more then just new Wf but end game pvp content

Quote Originally Posted by blazebone View Post
    No way we want more then just new Wf but end game pvp content
    don't get me wrong, i am all for that.
    arena would be nice

i am kinda surprised to find anyone that doesn't want more WFs though.

First... The alternate warfront idea was brilliant. If they added more separate warfronts the player base would be spread too thin. Changing one warfront per week allows the same split.

Second: bonus weekends are awesome for leveling the gear disparity between people that work and people who don't. While the jobless wonders may get geared up faster they will not see as much time with the huge advantage they have. (I work and have been r6 a while so this is no QQ)

Third: PVP rifts are definately a step in the right direction. But I feel some added bonuses need including. Maybe something as simple as large plat rewards for completing or killing them. So people have a reason to do them after they are revered with the unseen (I would love to think the thrill of battle was enough but it won't be. They could also expand upon it by making the delivery points attackable... Meaning not everyone stood in the centre rift.

Fourth: they already said they want to launch a PVP zone. I don't know how it will work or what will come of it. I hope its continuous and has some good rewards. I hope they use rifts and invasions as the 'third faction'. Zone POP based so POP disparities are addressed. Who knows... The future is bright for PVP. Quit ya whining.

Telaran

I also agree. Getting to R6 was a grind, eventually leaving you with nothing else to work for. Rank 8 is going to be an even worse grind, also with nothing to work for upon max. Give us some type of rating, cluster wide.

Provide the maxed players an opportunity to jump out of the grind for a while. Perhaps add a similar idea like Planar Charges, make them required to queue for the rated system, charge them via Favor in order to keep the flow going. This is just a simple idea, I'm sure you guys can think of something.

Trion, get us out of this original grind, and at least give us a "unique grind" with something to work for.

The PvP Rifts, & Warfront weekend was a great idea. But give us something that doesn't involve a constant grind.

End this never ending grind cycle. Please.
    Last edited by Strykz; 08-09-2011 at 12:45 AM.

This is exactly what I was telling my guild earlier...

I was saying, what's the point of getting to r8 when you're just going to be doing this same old boring content over and over again? PvP rifts, half the time, are very boring when the opposing team does not show up to them. It just becomes run the crystals... WFs, are well, WFs and they are just the same thing over and over again.

There's little diversity in this games PvP and it becomes the same boring thing every day.

They really need new content or they lose my sub.

That's why we've been asking for arena / rated warfronts since beta. Back then, people would say "no, the game doesn't need to be like WoW (as if WoW invented competitive play...)" or "we don't need arena, we need open world PvP".

Now, these same guys are crying because they're bored once they get to R6 (R8 soon) and they're starting to understand that open world PvP fails because of faction imbalance.

Let's hope they'll stop QQing now and ask Trion to implement arena / rated warfronts, so that we could maybe get them before the end of the year...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbulb View Post
    I agree 100%.

agree 100 percent , i resubed for the patch but im not happy with the pvp rift mechanics and ill unsub again if they dont improve on pvp endgame.

what is it with these companies that they cannot create a decent endgame in any mmo....... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwhisperzz View Post
    That's why we've been asking for arena / rated warfronts since beta. Back then, people would say "no, the game doesn't need to be like WoW (as if WoW invented competitive play...)" or "we don't need arena, we need open world PvP".

Now, these same guys are crying because they're bored once they get to R6 (R8 soon) and they're starting to understand that open world PvP fails because of faction imbalance.

Let's hope they'll stop QQing now and ask Trion to implement arena / rated warfronts, so that we could maybe get them before the end of the year...
    Arena would ruin the game. Rated warfronts wouldn't though. The fact is that with such variety in soul choices some comps would be utterly dominant. You may... MAY just about get away with 5v5 but you are asking for more instances content. If arena came in it should offer nothibg more than a rating system. No rewards, no favor... Maybe notoriety with some faction for some vanity items and seasonal titles. But nothing more. Nothing that gets you 'ahead' gear wise.

I much prefer the sounds of warhammers realm ranking system. I don't know the ins and outs but this game was designed for people to be out in the world. The PVP rifts are a step... Of could go a lot further. A persistent battle would go a lot further to improving PVP that smaller scale instant deathmatch conflict. Don't we get that in FPS games?

Quote Originally Posted by leobre View Post
    agree 100 percent , i resubed for the patch but im not happy with the pvp rift mechanics and ill unsub again if they dont improve on pvp endgame.

what is it with these companies that they cannot create a decent endgame in any mmo....... ?
    It's got decent endgame if you are participating in everything... The problem here is you want this to be a PVP game... But that's not what the game is. The PVE players want a game that doesn't bother their PVE lives either. Fact is though this game has it all and as such... is a Jack of all Trades. To get the most out of it you need to explore all avenues. If you don't want to that's not the developers fault. The rifts have opened up some scope. How you use it is up to u.
    Last edited by matthew84; 08-09-2011 at 02:41 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post
    It's got decent endgame if you are participating in everything... The problem here is you want this to be a PVP game... But that's not what the game is. The PVE players want a game that doesn't bother their PVE lives either. Fact is though this game has it all and as such... is a Jack of all Trades. To get the most out of it you need to explore all avenues. If you don't want to that's not the developers fault. The rifts have opened up some scope. How you use it is up to u.
    not true. it IS possible to have good endgame pve and pvp , the problem is that the companies are in a hurry to start making cash so they are releasing half baked games.

the pvp rifts are an example of poor, rushed, unimaginative excuse for pvp content....

Developers have to start understanding that the pvp crowd is huge and more passionate then the pve one, even so we pvpers have been getting the shaft on the latest mmos.

lets be honest , most pvpers are playing rift to fill the gap until gw2 and D3 arrive. Rift is not the game it could be and thats why is not gonna make it on the long run.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post
    Arena would ruin the game. Rated warfronts wouldn't though. The fact is that with such variety in soul choices some comps would be utterly dominant. You may... MAY just about get away with 5v5 but you are asking for more instances content. If arena came in it should offer nothibg more than a rating system. No rewards, no favor... Maybe notoriety with some faction for some vanity items and seasonal titles. But nothing more. Nothing that gets you 'ahead' gear wise.

I much prefer the sounds of warhammers realm ranking system. I don't know the ins and outs but this game was designed for people to be out in the world. The PVP rifts are a step... Of could go a lot further. A persistent battle would go a lot further to improving PVP that smaller scale instant deathmatch conflict. Don't we get that in FPS games?

arena 5v5 would be perfect, also would mean lot more then just high rating. For one would be fun, and also there would be better gear, like you geting high ranks unlocks better gear for eg from rank 1500 starting get to rank 2.2k unlocks better gear , not just a grind mass zerg warfronts grind all day. so the better you play better , your rank goes , and the better gear you get, witch req skill.
    i dont know why anyone would say no to damn 5v5 arena, because its better then all pvp that rift has atm, i miss arena so do many others that quit wow to come to here to play. world pvp doesnt work, ever will because of factions is unbalaced.

so only option is to have arena 5v5 or to have rating warfront pemade battles

good eg world pvp failing is warhammer lot more other mmos that have failed, learn from there misstakes,
    blizzard kew this long a go and forseen this happening years a go thats why they done arena system and new bg rating system, witch works perfect.

look at this film here of arena match look how much skill and team work is needed this is pure skill
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFiBT...eature=related
    who cares about balace no mmo will be 100% balance, i care about team play and fun, and showing my skill

how can any one say no to that, i want this in this game so do many , and for ones say no dont worry about them because if they dont like it they can just sick to there grind warfronts, simple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast