+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vihar

Thread: People who run the fang way up on the hill

Ascendant

Default People who run the fang way up on the hill

Please tell me this is not thought of as a good strategy? What is it like 1 tic every 5 sec?

Rift Disciple

When the game released and up until Trion changed Black Garden to give more points by keeping the Fang in the middle, it was the preferred strategy.

You might now hold the Fang in the middle for ten-to-twenty seconds, but with zerg against zerg, the odds are that you will lose it to the other team... who will then hold it for ten-to-twenty seconds and with the zerg Vs. zerg, lose it back... rinse... repeat

The current Black Garden is actually horrendously boring, requiring no thought, no skill, no tactics... just button-mashing, macro-using stupidity. It's designed for twelve-year old kiddies with Attention Deficit Disorder...

For some people, that's PvP... if you're a DPS'er - especially a melee DPS'er or AoE class, the current Black Garden is great. For other people and other roles, it's a poor joke, not a lot of fun, and a totally brainless waste of time. For instance, unless you're an Aoe-healer, try healing one of these joke zergs some time with everyone running around like ants and no health bars over the heads of other players. You can't really even click on your teammates in the moving mob, much less figure out who needs healing to be able to respond. If you're a tank, you end up spending your time charging, fearing, disarming, etc. and running around like a chicken with your head cut off... not fighting in any fashion even vaguely resembling a tank.

On release, running the Fang up the hill brought clerics into play on both offense and defense for actual healing, brought tanks into play, set up effective use of ranged DPS, minimized the overkill of AoE attackers, and forced much more teamwork if you wanted success; both for the team with the Fang and the team trying to get the Fang back.

If you prefer absolutely, totally mindless zerg Vs. zerg in a warfront, you should be happy with the current Black Garden.
    Last edited by Kreegan; 08-09-2011 at 04:18 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    Please tell me this is not thought of as a good strategy? What is it like 1 tic every 5 sec?
    Depending on the group, it might be their only option to win. Most groups prefer a fast loss to a slow win though...from my observations.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Depending on the group, it might be their only option to win. Most groups prefer a fast loss to a slow win though...from my observations.
    If you are getting mashed by the opposition, bringing the fang near your spawn can equalize the fight.

It's a good strategy if you want to win.

Having said that, I stopped doing BG a long time ago..so sick of it. I actually enjoy it at the 10-19 level, though...so sometimes I make an alt and just do that for a few matches.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread