+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cleric should decrease self-heal / increase DPS

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Cleric should decrease self-heal / increase DPS

    That healing destroys the PvP in this game most people agree (except clerics and a few close minded players), what no one agrees is having a cleric that can't heal neither kill.

    So why not to make it a class like one of the few things Age of Conan did right, clerics are dps classes. Increase their damage output but severely decrease their heal capabilities. Examples of how to reduce the heal could be havig low burst healing, longer cooldown for casting heal and for receiving heal, close range heal only and more important non- stackable heal.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara Duvain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    780

    Default

    IMHO, "Most people" would like little carts that we could ride around on in game.


    IMHO, nice troll, thanks for boosting my post count, "most" people in this game have not even posted an opinion regarding whether they currently subscribe let alone whether Healing destroys the PvP in this game.

    If you personally feel that healing needs to be lowered, say so, you may be right but it is in fact, just your opinion.

    Posting on behalf of "most" people without having asked me or anyone else in fact, is a little misleading.

    To your post;

    I like the idea of a best DPS in game DPS cleric with no healing capability. Rogues, warriors and mages may not appreciate the idea as much.
    Last edited by Duvain; 08-08-2011 at 09:45 PM.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duvain View Post
    IMHO, "Most people" would like little carts that we could ride around on in game.


    IMHO, nice troll, "most" people in this game have not even posted an opinion regarding whether they currently subscribe let alone whether Healing destroys the PvP in this game.

    If you personally feel that healing needs to be lowered, say so, you may be right but it is in fact, just your opinion.

    Posting on behalf of "most" people without having asked me or anyone else in fact, is a little misleading.

    To your post;

    I like the idea of a best DPS in game DPS cleric with no healing capability. Rogues, warriors and mages may not appreciate the idea as much.
    Have you been reading the forums in the last month? How many ppl complained and created threads about op healing??? So I don't need to ask anyone I've just assumed based on several posts, how wrong is it?

  4. #4
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,418

    Default

    *poof*
    Meet, the every dps cleric.

    As healing goes up, dps goes down, and the inverse is true (somewhat).

    You have two wishes left.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carcarah View Post
    Have you been reading the forums in the last month? How many ppl complained and created threads about op healing??? So I don't need to ask anyone I've just assumed based on several posts, how wrong is it?
    Healing as already been nerfed. I always get a kick out of people who don't read patch notes. The game changes and weeks later they're still complaining about how the game was before the changes.

    Srsly. Patch notes. They're good stuff.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Healing as already been nerfed. I always get a kick out of people who don't read patch notes. The game changes and weeks later they're still complaining about how the game was before the changes.

    Srsly. Patch notes. They're good stuff.
    That "Nerf" did nothing to fix the huge balls of players that you cannot kill due to so many healers.

    I dont know how many times I jump on a healer as assasin and it's health bar doesn't move at all, infact some of them tend to not bother even moving .

    The number of healers per WF needs to be limited.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marylla View Post
    That "Nerf" did nothing to fix the huge balls of players that you cannot kill due to so many healers.

    I dont know how many times I jump on a healer as assasin and it's health bar doesn't move at all, infact some of them tend to not bother even moving .

    The number of healers per WF needs to be limited.
    I keep hearing people say the number of healers should be limited inside a warfront. How exactly would you go about this in a game where you can change roles on the fly, and you have some healers who are hybrid and might not have the healing symbol?

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marylla View Post
    That "Nerf" did nothing to fix the huge balls of players that you cannot kill due to so many healers.

    I dont know how many times I jump on a healer as assasin and it's health bar doesn't move at all, infact some of them tend to not bother even moving .

    The number of healers per WF needs to be limited.
    So your problem is you can't kill a healer by yourself if they have tons of them on the team crosshealing? (that's what you basically say in your post)
    Well duh.
    Ofcourse you can't kill a healer 1vs5. (1vs10 if you count the DPS that will insta focus you too)

    Do you also jump into a group of 5 or 6 parachamps thinking you can take them down by yourself?
    How about 5 or 6 Doms? You can doo eet!

    What happened to crazy out of the box stuff like focussing an enemy or CCing the other healers?
    Is it a lost artform?
    Ancient magic?
    ...

    Last nerf already got rid of half of the healers. What else do you want? Most WFs are already full of whining DPS because noone heals them anymore.
    Prolly the same R2 Pewpewers who got healers nerfed in the first place.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Sun Tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carcarah View Post
    Have you been reading the forums in the last month? How many ppl complained and created threads about op healing??? So I don't need to ask anyone I've just assumed based on several posts, how wrong is it?
    People complain about everything in the forums

    i cant figure out whats real--because according to the forums,.....

    Warriors do too much damage ,because they can kill you too fast to heal through
    Clerics heal too much--and cant be killed because of it

    how are both of those statements true? because they contradict

    people don't like losing. its old news

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    its morons like this guy that got healing nerfed.. QQ cuz u cant solo a healer gettin off healed by his team, thanks for gettin my heals nerfed when it didnt really need it. your awesome

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carcarah View Post
    That healing destroys the PvP in this game most people agree (except clerics and a few close minded players), what no one agrees is having a cleric that can't heal neither kill.

    So why not to make it a class like one of the few things Age of Conan did right, clerics are dps classes. Increase their damage output but severely decrease their heal capabilities. Examples of how to reduce the heal could be havig low burst healing, longer cooldown for casting heal and for receiving heal, close range heal only and more important non- stackable heal.
    Hmm. So, if I disagree, I only play a cleric or am "close-minded"? Wow. Nothing you can say after that will make any difference.

  12. #12
    Champion Cyndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carcarah View Post
    That healing destroys the PvP in this game most people agree (except clerics and a few close minded players), what no one agrees is having a cleric that can't heal neither kill.

    So why not to make it a class like one of the few things Age of Conan did right, clerics are dps classes. Increase their damage output but severely decrease their heal capabilities. Examples of how to reduce the heal could be havig low burst healing, longer cooldown for casting heal and for receiving heal, close range heal only and more important non- stackable heal.
    Age of Conan did it right.... So how many people still play that game?

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marylla View Post
    That "Nerf" did nothing to fix the huge balls of players that you cannot kill due to so many healers.

    I dont know how many times I jump on a healer as assasin and it's health bar doesn't move at all, infact some of them tend to not bother even moving .

    The number of healers per WF needs to be limited.
    It already has been limited.

    Due to people like you whining until you were blue in the face there are little, to any healers in warfronts anymore because we are so fed up to have been slapped in the face because of incompetent DPS players.

    Happy now?

  14. #14
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Healing as already been nerfed. I always get a kick out of people who don't read patch notes. The game changes and weeks later they're still complaining about how the game was before the changes.

    Srsly. Patch notes. They're good stuff.

    the nerf didnt really do anything tbh... anyhow clerics DPS is just fine and so is self healing.

    Whats OP is crosshealing between clerics.

    A full raid cant take down 3-4 R6 clerics healing each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  15. #15
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndel View Post
    Age of Conan did it right.... So how many people still play that game?
    The game is hardcore... its not a place for Wowaboys... thats why it failed.

    well that.... and a bad launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts