+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Pvp exploit!

Quote Originally Posted by ExCon View Post
    It's not an exploit when you can not find your purge/dispel or interrupt abilities
    you can't CC 15 people at once, read before posting, thanks

so, as I level further, it seems to be more and more bards (especially on the Defiants side... not surprised at all) Is this what we have to look forward to at 50 pvp? 15 bards/chlorolocks vs 15 bards/chlorolocks?

I feel for those of you bards and chloromancers that don't abuse the class, but something needs to be done to fix this. It is all but litterally an exploit the way they work

Just make it so bard AoE healing doesn't effect other bards, like you do with the clerics and chloromancers

Also possibly make it so AoE healing effects from both chloro and bard, and aoe healing from dps/support clerics don't heal others using similar builds.

signed-

A poor non bard player

Telaran

Touch chloros in any way again, and I'm done with this damn game.

Mages have been nerfed to **** - the class is garbage in this game. I hated the Chloro 1.3 changes, but have adapted to them. I have accepted that Pyro has been nerfed to a completely worthless spec in both pve and pvp. SC had their AE dmg reduced. That's pretty much the reason you saw a major influx of Dom's, because it was the only class that could still be highly effective if played properly.... so then that got nerfed as well.

Another mage nerf and I'm flat out done. Simple.

Telaran

oh and calling this an "exploit" is flat out ****in ridiculous. just fyi

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Welcome to 6 hour long queue times if those changes were made. Seriously, learn consider the implications before making such suggestions.
    i would rather wait an extra minute or two for a match that would be more challenging/fun then getting thrown in a team with a bunch of r4 pugs vs a r7 premade.

not all these changes would have to be made, splitting r1-4 and r5-8 would be the best one honestly, ill take ann r4 premade vs some r3 or r2 pugs. but r2 pugs vs r7 and 8?

and 6 hour long que times? doubt it

Banned

They should just make healing have diminishing returns in PvP after a couple seconds so people actually die. Im tired of people getting healed to full in 2 skills.

All the healing in the world won't prevent someone from being globalled.

Especially a bard.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    Trion already built in a fix for this with justicars... any justicar with the passive healing buff on is not healed by other justicars with the passive healing buff on.

They could easily make it so chloros with veil on would not heal other chloros with veil on.

For bards, I guess they would need to make it so that if you have the talent that makes cadence heal then you cant be healed by other bard's cadence healing.

This would make the massive passive healing groups not as powerful.
    I agree with the buffs entirely.

Same for Warrior Tank roles, anything relating to armor should be a non-passive buff, that when activated reduces damage to almost nothing, while boosting threat... Just like a rogue tank. That way we don't have stupid high armor + huge DPS you can have one or the other.

That & enough with Chloros with 8-12k HP and seemingly invincible beyond chloro shield, neddras essence or the elementalist fluff. They wear cloth lol... from range they should be tough adversaries with abilities to prevent you getting close, but if someone is close... well damn.. the sword/dagger is mightier than a robe.

I play 3 toons Chlorolock, Nightblade/Sin & RB/VK/CH - so no bias for or against any class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    They should just make healing have diminishing returns in PvP after a couple seconds so people actually die. Im tired of people getting healed to full in 2 skills.
    Not sure how this is an exploit?

What's next... omg paying people are logging in to Rift, report them for Exploiting?

I do agree that some healer types are somewhat overpowered. If you were limited to 1 role entering a warfront, and unable to change for the duration, we could fix that by controlling how many of each role are allowed to enter.... Not sure I'd like that change but a thought.

Rift Disciple

I am now a R8-I have been off sick from work injured for a while so couldn't do anything but sit in my chair and all I did was play Rift and all I did was PVP. The hours it took to go from R1-8 were horrific if you look at it as a grind.

Consequently I have quite a unique view I think. Not long ago I entered the lv 50 PVP arena in blue quest reward gear-I didn't even have any dungeon stuff. My gear sucked and worse than most.

I was on many occasions 1-2 shotted. I died so fast that often I had to check my combat log because I could not think of what had killed me. It was like being a small child armed with a potato gun on Omaha beach.

Mages popping split personality meant I did not go near those ghosts- to do so was insta death. If they popped with me in range there wasn't even time to have an oh sh.. moment. Warriors killed me as they passed-They didn't even do me the respect of stopping on their run at what ever the objective behind me was.

My moment of crowning glory was arriving at Zarephs in Stillmoor (I had PVP gear by this time and trying to get involved in a fight occurring near the gate.) The other Guardians got killed leaving me swinging my toothpick..ahem hammer at a Defiant who did not even bother to hit me back-He said.."Seriously dude just go and respec or something..LOL" Then wandered off to a vendor..I hit him for a little while longer but I was doing less DPS than he was self healing however he was doing it...So I put my hammer away a bit embarassed and left.

By the way I'm a Cleric so while I was experiencing all this-All I was hearing was-Nerf Clerics!!!!

So...Been there done that got T shirt.

Now I'm an R8-Still need a couple of armour pieces, legs shoulder and neck etc but have the rest and yes I am having much more fun-I get killed lots- But generally I feel like I have the upper hand and most 1 on 1s I win and many my opponent stands no chance and skill doesn't come into it-2 or 3 GCDs and they are dead or near it. These I think are likely R1-2s.

I've been accused of being evidence that my class was way OP after utterly annihilating a rogue in 1 v1. He did the destealth/stun thing rogues do and I popped break free, marked him with the pvp +5% crit/stealth blocker and pulped him losing next to no HPs-He was really upset but I was told afterward he had no PVP gear at all and was wearing greens and blues!!

Anyway my point is, since becoming R8 I have been accused of being one of those players always in pre mades who are spoiling the game-(In reality Ive only been in 2 premade teams and I was R2 then.) I've been told I am proof my class is OP (by the above rogue and others) and I don't think I am- An R7-8 Rogue takes me apart-There is little I know how to do against them at the moment-I usually have them at 50% when I go down. I know Rogues say they are underpowered etc etc but they get me ALL the time.

So.. All these complaints about class rebalancing, skills being OP etc etc... I have this suspicion that a lot of the whines and whingers are from people experiencing the PVP annihilation I did to start with. They don't want to take into account rank and gear because if they did that would mean they would have to face the fact if they wanted a real chance at winning they would have to get that and it's not easy to do.

I would like to see a WF fought by completely ungeared players(as in naked). and a WF fought by all R2s with full gear,3s,4s, etc. That to my mind is the only way to check this out and the only place to do it is the test server.

Wall of Text Summary -No point in bleating about under powered over powered based on your experiences in game-too many influencing factors that can effect the outcome-Skill being only one.

T

The PVP ranks are getting scaled-Thats cool with me
    Last edited by Torvax; 09-01-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    Trion already built in a fix for this with justicars... any justicar with the passive healing buff on is not healed by other justicars with the passive healing buff on.

They could easily make it so chloros with veil on would not heal other chloros with veil on.

For bards, I guess they would need to make it so that if you have the talent that makes cadence heal then you cant be healed by other bard's cadence healing.

This would make the massive passive healing groups not as powerful.
    Chloros with veil do not heal other chloros with veil. Always been that way. It's even on the LGV tooltip

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Belatru View Post
    TBH i don't have a problem with rogues and chloro's it's all the darned dom spec mages running around with split personalities that are the WORST. ZOMG. THEY NEED A SERIOUS NERF. I have seen a dom spec mage take out half a 10-man before, and sadly, i was 1 of them...
    That because he is letting you all destroy yourselves lol

Rift Chaser

TBH i don't have a problem with rogues and chloro's it's all the darned dom spec mages running around with split personalities that are the WORST. ZOMG. THEY NEED A SERIOUS NERF. I have seen a dom spec mage take out half a 10-man before, and sadly, i was 1 of them...
    So, out of 10 people, not one of them could find the silence or stun button? Hard to believe that not one warrior bullrushed/riftwalked/feared/interrupted etc. Hyperbole much?

Kill the splits. Free bloodthirsty procs!

But seriously... Another add diminishing returns to healing thread. Then all damage should have diminishing returns.
    Last edited by Cyndel; 09-01-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Banned

Complaining about godmode chlorolocks is fine and valid - they're way overpowered. But bards? Seriously? Just hit them, they drop in seconds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast