+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Future Problem with PvP Rifts

Rift Chaser

Default Future Problem with PvP Rifts

I can tell you in just the few days of trying them out what's gonna happen with these PvP rifts:

Closing a rift by opening them and running shards with, let's say, a 15 man raid takes 15 minutes at the very least.

Closing a rift by letting the opposing faction open them and then mowing the capacitor takes about 2 minutes.

As this slowly dawns on people, world PvP is gonna turn into raids camping out in the three zones staring at the global defense channel waiting for the opposing faction to open rifts. This current system penalizes factions by drastic amounts of time for being proactive. I really can't believe this made it through the public test shard and to live.

It's a good system I think, but the status quo will eventually lead to a bunch of people sitting on their thumbs staring at chat channels. That will get old... quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    I can tell you in just the few days of trying them out what's gonna happen with these PvP rifts:

Closing a rift by opening them and running shards with, let's say, a 15 man raid takes 15 minutes at the very least.

Closing a rift by letting the opposing faction open them and then mowing the capacitor takes about 2 minutes.

As this slowly dawns on people, world PvP is gonna turn into raids camping out in the three zones staring at the global defense channel waiting for the opposing faction to open rifts. This current system penalizes factions by drastic amounts of time for being proactive. I really can't believe this made it through the public test shard and to live.

It's a good system I think, but the status quo will eventually lead to a bunch of people sitting on their thumbs staring at chat channels. That will get old... quickly.
    As somebody how has sit on their thumbs staring at chat channels since launch, and i can tell you, it doesn't get old it, only gets better by the day!
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post

Hey, it gets better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IcVyvg2Qlo

u had me with world pvp

Shadowlander

As time passes, I don't think you realize how much there is to do in this game. There are so many dailies that don't feel like requirements. You have the one time token dailies to grind out so "flavor" items that are pretty balanced and show the "you were there" status.

The world PvP is getting better and at the same time I feel doesn't detract from playing Warfronts. People sit around waiting for LFG or WF pops so what is so different watching the defense channel? I actually like the forced gear progression instead of gear hoarding. It will give Trion a better picture of the player vs player damage curves.

kudos to developers. I'm sorry you don't like how its going At least you did mention that it is enjoyable for you right now.

+ Reply to Thread