+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No more new Whitefall?

Soulwalker

Default No more new Whitefall?

Why do they cancel the new Whitefall? I had a great time this weekend, not the double favor but the new Whitefall style.

Weekends only.

Prophet of Telara

Because it's a weekend thing. Simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Someone didn't read that it was weekend only even though the description clearly states that.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    Someone didn't read that it was weekend only even though the description clearly states that.
    I thought the weekend only was the double favor. Thanks for the inform tho.
    Last edited by Bigfat; 08-08-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Shield of Telara

It really works out perfectly for those who can't play 24/7. Those with more time can still grind normal prestige during the week and move up first. The weekend-only crowd gets extra when they can play so its not a 1yr endeavor to max rank for them. Perfect setup imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    Weekends only.
    ' .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Ascendant

i haven't wanted to do any warfronts today. just trolling the forum instead.

played some just cause 2 as well, can't wait for the weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    i haven't wanted to do any warfronts today. just trolling the forum instead.
    Business as usual, I take it? Funny signature picture btw.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 08-08-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    It really works out perfectly for those who can't play 24/7. Those with more time can still grind normal prestige during the week and move up first. The weekend-only crowd gets extra when they can play so its not a 1yr endeavor to max rank for them. Perfect setup imo.
    Personnaly I think the double favor is a fail, and favor per hour win or lose is much greater then the normal flow, meaning greater then the 2x that it is, Also the prestige , though not increased , actually is because of the quicker que rates and game time.

Example is normal game play time for me on a weekend day 60k pres tops is what I'd earn. This weekend I got over 420k. So some people would say, so... thats great. But look at it from the angle of us that prior to this event had to grind out our ranks and newer players to the game can now instantly get ranked up over a weekend. This is turning into another WoW gimmick where instead of addressing the real issues they just make it easier and easier for newer people and giving the older people nothing in return for thier past hard work. So soon everyone will have the same gear , the same rank , for the most part the same few builds.. what fun is that going to be. Whats going to be so special about it then.

New Warfront .. great, enjoyed the change, double anything.. no, scaleing back the prestige for that battle yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyfeet View Post
    Personnaly I think the double favor is a fail, and favor per hour win or lose is much greater then the normal flow, meaning greater then the 2x that it is, Also the prestige , though not increased , actually is because of the quicker que rates and game time.

Example is normal game play time for me on a weekend day 60k pres tops is what I'd earn. This weekend I got over 420k. So some people would say, so... thats great. But look at it from the angle of us that prior to this event had to grind out our ranks and newer players to the game can now instantly get ranked up over a weekend. This is turning into another WoW gimmick where instead of addressing the real issues they just make it easier and easier for newer people and giving the older people nothing in return for thier past hard work. So soon everyone will have the same gear , the same rank , for the most part the same few builds.. what fun is that going to be. Whats going to be so special about it then.

New Warfront .. great, enjoyed the change, double anything.. no, scaleing back the prestige for that battle yes.
    So basically you're complaining about people fighting on equal ground. Because a huge gear disparity is super fun. You do realize that the only people who like the huge gear disparity are the top ranked people who are facerolling fresh 50s, right? Anyone that wants challenging PvP will like it when most people have the same gear.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 08-09-2011 at 05:45 AM.

Telaran

The 'right' amount of grind is pretty subjective, of course, but I feel like the grind this weekend was about right. Grinding honor in this game is pretty masochistic, and I for one won't be playing anymore on the weekdays.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hairyfeet View Post

Prestige was doubled over the weekend and favor was quadroupled I believe. Nobody loses with the bonus warfronts except those who run premades and want to get r8 while it takes months for everyone else to catch up.

Sorry, 1.4 bonus warfronts are great and everyone I've talked to in-game loves it. It is the answer to the rank divide players face. If they can go from rank 1-4 in a weekend then we won't need separate queues that rift lacks the playerbase for currently. The premades can't 1,2,3, queue and get in the same wf every time so there's a vocal minority on the forums crying about their steamrolling favor train being derailed.

Trion did the right thing with these bonus warfronts. They are a hit with everyone, so don't expect them to go away any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    They are a hit with everyone, so don't expect them to go away any time soon.
    If they were a hit with everyone, why would you have to tell anybody not to expect them to go away any time soon...?

Oh...

...because they are not a hit with everyone.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    If they were a hit with everyone, why would you have to tell anybody not to expect them to go away any time soon...?

Oh...

...because they are not a hit with everyone.
    You just trolling my posts because I reply in your daily "nerf warrior" threads?

I don't think there's any question how many players liked the bonus warfronts versus those who disliked them. The forums are no indication of what the majority of the playerbase likes or dislikes. More people queued whitefall than ever over this past weekend, even those who never pvp'd before due to the grind.

"qq we don't want a grind"
    "qq we don't want everyone getting fast ranks"

Some people will always find something to cry about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast