+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Trion has forgotten it's not fun to play a pure healer

Default Trion has forgotten it's not fun to play a pure healer

Now I've got to show you a screen shot of me kicking ***, but that's because those are the only kind of screen shots I take, so... EGOs put aside for a moment here lets discuss what I'm trying to point out.

Exhibit A: Miserable Healing Clerics

If you look at the top 6 healers in the screen shot, the "healing" Clerics sacrificed ALL of their DPS in order to come short of a well played bard. *whistles innocently*

We've got 2 Bards and a Coloro with a total of about 40,000 damage.
    They had 3 dedicated healing clerics with a total of 955 damage.

We had fun playing our classes and contributing to every aspect of the match.
    They had fun standing around and being treated like pinatas for thankless heals.

For what it's worth, I feel your pain fellow healers. That's why my Warden/Purifier is a bard now.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    They had fun standing around and being treated like pinatas for thankless heals.
    at least they were having fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Disciple

I dont find it fun to play a pure healer in a PuG. If there is atleast 2 other types of healers I'll play a "DPS" spec just because it is less stressful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milen View Post
    In the case I described, my teammates are not depending on me, they are either mindlessly feeding the premade with more favor or they are sitting nearby.
    And I couldn't care less about the queue time of the premade. The only factor that determines my decisions is: What is best for me?

Rift Master

Cleric healers are a waste of a spot thanks to overpowered warrior damage being unhealable, on top of permanent uptime AoEable healing debuffs.

Cleric healers* sacrifice the bard/chloro level damage to be able to "supposedly" take more damage.

However, it doesn't really work this way the majority of the time.

edit: clarified *.
    Last edited by Thulium; 08-08-2011 at 12:08 PM.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    Cleric healers* sacrifice the bard/chloro level damage to be able to "supposedly" take more damage.

However, it doesn't really work this way the majority of the time.

edit: clarified *.
    You can go Justicar/Sent/Templar and stack all the damage reduction and even throw on mein of leadership.
    However it turns out you still instant die to broken paragons and assassins with bleeds. SOL

Wait so you think its ok to heal damage and tank really well ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Trion if you are reading this NURF WARRIOR PRIEST!

You see they actually expect to heal self, party AND burst people down lol

Look at the various vids floating...or better yet TRY killing a Justi/Inq or Justi/Sham in full P8 gear! You can't lol

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    Wait so you think its ok to heal damage and tank really well ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Trion if you are reading this NURF WARRIOR PRIEST!

You see they actually expect to heal self, party AND burst people down lol

Look at the various vids floating...or better yet TRY killing a Justi/Inq or Justi/Sham in full P8 gear! You can't lol
    I think you will find we have the same amount of spec points as you so unfortunately we cant spec as a full on healer and tank and dps. If we could I would. Trion already has nerfed healing which is strangely where this thread started.

Most of us don't want to heal anymore anyway because it's an ineffective spec that makes you feel like a gimp. So calm down-You got your wish... The big bad DPSing, healer tank that was under your bed is gone

T

Telaran

When I see clerics in WFs now, I don't even really think much about them. I find if the other team has a bunch of mage and bard healers it's harder to kill anyone than it would be if they had clerics.

Looking back at my post and reading it a few times over, while trying to put myself in a developer's shoes as they might read it, I've come to the conclusion that I do want to applaud the developers for achieving really nice healing balance. If 2 bards and a chloro can equal 3 healing clerics in healing output (randomness not aside) that's a pretty substantial achievement. The play-styles and enjoyment of those classes would be on a per individual basis. Assuming all healing clerics are miserable simply because they are not burdened with the need to dps in order to be effective, instead relying on the convenience of all their eggs in one basket is silly. Also, I totally did not take a really huge hit before typing this all out....
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-08-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Ascendant

Looking back at my post and reading it a few times over, while trying to put myself in a developer's shoes as they might read it, I've come to the conclusion that I do want to applaud the developers for achieving really nice healing balance. If 2 bards and a chloro can equal 3 healing clerics in healing output (randomness not aside) that's a pretty substantial achievement. The play-styles and enjoyment of those classes would be on a per individual basis. Assuming all healing clerics are miserable simply because they are not burdened with the need to dps in order to be effective, instead relying on the convenience of all their eggs in one basket is silly. Also, I totally did not take a really huge hit before typing this all out....
    you also have it in your mind that things are balanced at 29, when the truth is just that gear hasn't had a chance to influence the class abilities at that level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Shadowlander

Look at damage taken; your team's three healers took 44k, their three took 76k. Look at deaths; you three died once total, the three of them died 5 times.

I don't see "good bard and chloro outheal bad clerics" - I see "smart guardian dps focus fire unfortunate healers, while bad defiant dps allow bard and chloro to output lots of healing."

Also look at score - again, I don't see evidence that bard and chloro can match cleric healing, I see a better played guardian team stomping a poorly played defiant team. No offense, I don't doubt that you're a skilled player, but it's easy to look good when your team is winning - their best cleric may indeed be a better player than you, capable of outputting much more healing, just stuck with a bad team that didn't allow him to do so. Pure healers are very dependent on their teams, arguably moreso than any other role.

To be clear, I'm not saying that bard and chloro can't match cleric healing while having more fun and doing lots of damage as well. I'm not saying they can, either - just saying you picked a bad example to prove it either way :P

If we're just sharing opinions, personally I think my (50) chloro and (42) bard are weak pvp healers - they output huge healing numbers, sure, and lacking any clerics they're better than nothing.. but that unfocused healing-from-doing-damage doesn't save the guy getting focus fired, doesn't keep the fang/flag carrier up, not like a cleric's healing can. Which is not to say bard and chloro are bad at pvp, of course not, they do respectable damage/buffing/debuffing in addition to healing, but pure healers they are not; they cannot substitute for a cleric doing 100% healing.
    Last edited by Avloren; 08-08-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    you also have it in your mind that things are balanced at 29, when the truth is just that gear hasn't had a chance to influence the class abilities at that level.
    As oppose to how gear overly influences class abilities at 50?

No thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Avloren View Post
    I see "smart guardian dps focus fire unfortunate healers, while bad defiant dps allow bard and chloro to output lots of healing."
    Sorry but as soon as I read this, everything else that spilled out of you becomes invalid because you're basing your assumptions off the wrong thing. I was in a PUG, so there was no "smart guardian" anything, just some talented individuals who happen to work well together on the spot.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-08-2011 at 02:22 PM.

Now I've got to show you a screen shot of me kicking ***, but that's because those are the only kind of screen shots I take, so... EGOs put aside for a moment here lets discuss what I'm trying to point out.

Exhibit A: Miserable Healing Clerics

If you look at the top 6 healers in the screen shot, the "healing" Clerics sacrificed ALL of their DPS in order to come short of a well played bard. *whistles innocently*

We've got 2 Bards and a Coloro with a total of about 40,000 damage.
    They had 3 dedicated healing clerics with a total of 955 damage.

We had fun playing our classes and contributing to every aspect of the match.

For what it's worth, I feel your pain fellow healers. That's why my Warden/Purifier is a bard now.
    How come the Bard wasn't attacked as much as the TWO Clerics?

It's cause of his OP healing, right? I like the cut of your jib, Sir.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 08-08-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast