+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huge gap between pvp and pve essences. Needs to be fixed.

Rift Disciple

Default Huge gap between pvp and pve essences. Needs to be fixed.

Ok, first off, I am using this as a reference for the pve gear, since I am a pvper. https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...wNzk0&hl=en_US

See the huge amount of spellpower those essences give? Why the hell is it that the pvp vendors give these "amazing" essences that require honored or higher with unseen, and only give 11 spellpower???!!! Is this a joke??? I am NOT laughing.

I dunno what happened to the greater essences that were in the chart, but I do know they were over 60 spellpower from GSB. PVP VENDORS DON'T EVEN GIVE GREATER ESSENCES!!! Even if they did, the spellpower from them would probablly be like 20. Cmon trion. Learn to make this fair please. Pvpers need equivalent gear, and essences definately add up.

Plane Touched

The lessers are lacking in offensive punch, but we really don't need them too. They do give another 1.25% dmg reduc. PvP is about defense/healing and focus fire.

As far as no greaters.....noone uses Greaters outside healing proc ones. Filling those 2 spots with lessers are a much better option.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ruwyn View Post
    The lessers are lacking in offensive punch, but we really don't need them too. They do give another 1.25% dmg reduc. PvP is about defense/healing and focus fire.

As far as no greaters.....noone uses Greaters outside healing proc ones. Filling those 2 spots with lessers are a much better option.
    I dunno, I mean that's your opinion. I personally would like to have more spellpower so I can just kill people faster. I'm a ranged caster, If I have more spellpower people are gonna be dropping like flies, I don't need healing proc essences and stuff.
    Last edited by Ranera; 08-08-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Rift Disciple MarleyTheMongolianMoose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ranera View Post
    I dunno, I mean that's your opinion. I personally would like to have more spellpower so I can just kill people faster. I'm a ranged caster, If I have more spellpower people are gonna be dropping like flies, I don't need healing proc essences and stuff.
    Ha... ha... ha

Okay so these are the people that complain about those 4 second wonder builds which do a ton of burst damage?

Without survivability you die to those, whereas I have 43% damage reduction and have a build built around survivability so that I can punch past those with burst damage and take the longer route of taking them down slower. Sure, it takes a bit longer but in the end my 0 deaths and my contribution to killing others will be better than your quick burst damage which leads to you dying because you didn't manage to kill them and just end up dying due to their survivability.

Of course, in focused situations I still need a team to back me up but it is nice to be able to go into the open and survive without needing a pocket healer.

Ascendant

Seems like you're forgetting the Valor you get. That's a stat too ya know.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Quote Originally Posted by MarleyTheMongolianMoose View Post
    Ha... ha... ha

Okay so these are the people that complain about those 4 second wonder builds which do a ton of burst damage?

Without survivability you die to those, whereas I have 43% damage reduction and have a build built around survivability so that I can punch past those with burst damage and take the longer route of taking them down slower. Sure, it takes a bit longer but in the end my 0 deaths and my contribution to killing others will be better than your quick burst damage which leads to you dying because you didn't manage to kill them and just end up dying due to their survivability.

Of course, in focused situations I still need a team to back me up but it is nice to be able to go into the open and survive without needing a pocket healer.
    You contribute absolutely nothing to a party. Any DPS cleric with 11 points in justicar can negate all of your "slow damage". No one worth mentioning is going to attack a tank.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    You contribute absolutely nothing to a party. Any DPS cleric with 11 points in justicar can negate all of your "slow damage". No one worth mentioning is going to attack a tank.
    I'm sorry, I forgot that I was the only one damaging their party and my party consisted of nobody but myself. My silence and other decent (Necrolock, 1119 sp) single target damage and healing debuff that I get as well as allowing my healers to focus on other people other than me rather then putting a ton of pressure on my healers to ensure that I don't die.

I have the ability to survive during those times where my healers can't keep up with the damage output of the other team. This allows me to keep fighting and leaves my healers to healing those who don't have 1080 valor, 6000+ hp and the lock damage reduction and health increase as well as health drains. Once the other team runs out of steam and I can go back to putting pressure on their team then it is fine.

Of course, not all of my builds are like this, my dominator build has very little survivability other then my stats but those are the reasons why I have survivable builds, so someone can go as a squishier person and get more utility rather than going the survivalist route all of the time. I am for the most part, a self-sustaining damaging machine.

Shield of Telara

If you want pve epic lessers, go pve. Seriously.. I got at least 2/6 of my epic lessers from doing zone invasions. The rest I got from either pugging the daily raid rift or running it with the guild. Not very difficult.

Making the pvp ones the same as the pve ones would be a waste. The current system gives you options between damage and survivability.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MarleyTheMongolianMoose View Post
    Ha... ha... ha

Ha ha ha indeed. You speak of not needing a pocket healer due to this survivability you mention, but you fail to realise there is no such thing as survivability without a pocket healer. This game has a million healing debuffs which negate any self healing you can do, and I assume,since this topic is about essences, you mean those essences which heal you for damage you deal, or block. Well guess what? Those healing debuffs turn that into jack ****. This game in pvp is a race for who kills the other faster, If you really couldnt figure that out yourself by now....

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    Seems like you're forgetting the Valor you get. That's a stat too ya know.
    I don't give a flying you know what about valor on essences. I want more offensive punch, which right now clearly, pve essences are the only ones offering that. It should not be that way, and that is the entire purpose of this post.

Shield of Telara

Smile

I don't give a flying you know what about valor on essences. I want more offensive punch, which right now clearly, pve essences are the only ones offering that. It should not be that way, and that is the entire purpose of this post.
    Inscribed sourcestones are easy enough to get.. go pve for them. No item in pve has an exact pvp equivalent. The pvp gear always has valor or endurance added. Why make carbon copies of the same item?

Are you black listed on your shard for being a bad, so nobody will raid rift with you?

Ha ha ha indeed. You speak of not needing a pocket healer due to this survivability you mention, but you fail to realise there is no such thing as survivability without a pocket healer. This game has a million healing debuffs which negate any self healing you can do, and I assume,since this topic is about essences, you mean those essences which heal you for damage you deal, or block. Well guess what? Those healing debuffs turn that into jack ****. This game in pvp is a race for who kills the other faster, If you really couldnt figure that out yourself by now....
    Dude, sounds like your mad. And sorry but no. Valor itself is a huge damage reduction, with my small heals that bring me up I can take out numerous amounts of people. The one big concern I have is the marksman rogues which tear through me since they can just strip me naked. My 80% damage reduction disappears (My other cooldown gives me 50% more health ontop of 6400 health and heals me for that amount). Actually, and probably healing clerics who can strip my debuffs off of them but then it becomes an infinite game where we both deal damage and heal and he strips my debuffs and heals.

If I have a pocket healer then I am just crazy, I prefer the shielding clerics though over the healers since as you said healing debuffs do hurt a bit, but those can be cleansed. Use your abilities. I die but it is usually vs 2 or more good players. If not, it is a damn good fight (Unless it is a marksman like I said)

Want dps essences: do pve (eassssssy enough to get them)
    Want pvp essences: do pvp/dailies

Don't expect the pvp essences, which give valor, to give the same dps gain as pve essences.
    Don't like pve'ing for your "extra punch"? Then don't expect getting it. Want them? Then work for it dammit.
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

+ Reply to Thread