+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How many more weekends of this?

Rift Disciple

Default How many more weekends of this?

I don't know about you guys but I have a strong distaste for whitefall, the only thing worse was whitefall escalation. I'm not going to go into detail about why i dislike it, to each his own i guess... the real point of this thread is that I'm wondering if we've had any word at all as to when the special versions of other warfronts will be released?

I won't be able to take many more weekends of either being forced to wait 30m for a queue of something else, or just jumping around in a cleric run AoE fest.
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

Ascendant

So is it whitefall or the clerics that got you down?
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Stop playing the worst bracket for pvp and go experience the other WF maps on an alt. You'll also rediscover something else you've lost, and that's the fun.

Ascendant

I like the new wf, and think the idea of it was great. What I did not like was the cab pull aoe **** fest.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    So is it whitefall or the clerics that got you down?
    I'm a fan of smaller encounters, i.e. groups of around 3 or 4 fighting over a control point at codex where you have to analyze who your opponents are, what they're doing, and how to counter them. Never been a fan of the big zerg group pvping - the whole click a button and place a circle over the most densely packed area of red names is kinda... dull, I mean sure there's skill behind the rotation you choose to use and all that, but really? If you're going to do that you might as well do it in black garden where the map size is actually appropriate for it.

I just want to know when I can expect bonus favor and prestige for warfronts I actually enjoy, or if every weekend for the foreseeable future will be this new whitefall.

In terms of the clerics - I'm glad they got a viable DPS spec, because lets face it - cleric healing was always more valuable to a group than their DPS... however there is something whacky with the damage they're pulling off... and now there are far more mage healers than cleric healers - at least in my wargroup on the defiant side. I actually had a match in whitefall with about 7 clerics and no healers on my team....

Personally I hate the regular Whitefall Steps, its the most basic and annoying ctf out there, but I thought the escalation version was awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing them creating alternate versions oo with some other warfronts (each with unique goals related to the original goal of the match, not the same canon/crystal thing for all of them).

Why didn't you like the alternate version? It flows nicely from a mass conflict to flag stealing shenanigans, something for everyone.

Telaran

As you said, to each their own but I liked the new version a hundred times more than the old one. The Cabs however.....no fun at all.
    I also saw much shorter queue times since it seemed more people were queuing overall for the bonus favor.

~Goat~
    Last edited by Rift Goat; 08-08-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Telaran

Your just mad I out dps'd you for the first time ever lol. Don't worry about it tank I will go back to heals sooner or later.

Don't worry about tankalron he often has 2 or more r6 clerics with him when he pvp's
    I know this because I am one of them.

On a more serious note although the numbers seem high its not really wiping ppl out unless they have no heals or a group of cab's synchronizing.

Remember burst damage still is better than ae that doesn't kill anybody.

Frantonio

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxknight View Post
    Personally I hate the regular Whitefall Steps, its the most basic and annoying ctf out there, but I thought the escalation version was awesome. Wouldn't mind seeing them creating alternate versions oo with some other warfronts (each with unique goals related to the original goal of the match, not the same canon/crystal thing for all of them).

Why didn't you like the alternate version? It flows nicely from a mass conflict to flag stealing shenanigans, something for everyone.
    The combination of mass conflict in a tiny area on a huge map just didn't do it for me. Would prefer it if the stones showed up east, mid, and west end of the frozen river rather than all 3 mid.

I like it better than the standard whitefall.

Default the dentist

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    I like it better than the standard whitefall.

Saying it is better than the Original Whitefall is not much of a compliment in my book. It went from least favorite in my book to... Well least favorite still. It got a touch closer to being almost just plain bad which is where Port of Scion is..

The official rankings are:

Old Whitefall - Horrid
    New Whitefall- Boring and dumb
    Port Scion- Mindless, but the place to meet good PvE'rs
    Codex- Lots of standing around or respawning depending on your caliber
    Black Garden- Fun if there is a competitive group playing against you

I loved the new whitefall, and hated the old one.

Yes generally zerg pvp isn't as exciting as solo / small group pvp, BUT, if you want good solo / small group pvp, you need a decent class and skill balance. In RIFT this is not present, so only large scale pvp is fun to me.

Soulwalker

Smile

The new whiefall was a bit of a surpise to me but it didnt take me long to figure it out. as for the clerics DPS debate ive got mine set up to either heal or DPS depending on the need, ill stop trying to DPS when i see teammates getting smashed and do as much as i can too keep them breathing. just my 2 cp

I love whitefall escalation.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I love whitefall escalation.
    I love it as well...reminds me of the old southshore/tarren mill zergs that used to happen in vanilla. Big area to sneak around if you want to but mostly a big zerg that pushes back and forth
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast