+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unseen rep lagging prestige gain

Soulwalker

Default Unseen rep lagging prestige gain

So I hit R3 last week and go to buy my next rank of gear and find some items restricted from purchasing because I need synergy crystals. "WTH is that?" i think, but after a google and forums search i see i need to gain faction rep with the Unseen, by doing their daily's. OK, np, I hop right on it and do them all.

Well a week later, I'm now R4 and half way to R5 but I still can't buy gear that would normally be available to me at R3. Why? Because the synergy crystals i need to purchase R3 gear with, are not available because I'm only halfway to decorated with unseen notoriety. At this rate, I'll be R6 or 7 before I'm eligible to buy some of the R3 gear. It would seem like there's now a limit to how quickly you can get PVP gear.

Am I missing something? Is there somewhere else besides the 3 NPC's in Meridian I can farm unseen rep or is this basically going to force me to grind these few of dailies for the next few of months if I ever want to get R7-8 gear?

Ascendant

Unequip the gear you are wearing before trying to purchase.

You do not need the synergy crystals.

/thread
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Ascendant

You can do PvP rifts to get unseen rep.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Same issue here, I'm almost R5 and don't have the rep to get the R3/4 synergy crystal yet. Been doing the dailies as much as possible, they just aren't worth much rep compared the the crazy prestige grind that this weekend got me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    You can do PvP rifts to get unseen rep.
    Not as easy as it sounds on some servers. Usually the best I can do on mine is occasionaly gank a carrier and get a tiny bit of rep for that.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Unequip the gear you are wearing before trying to purchase.

You do not need the synergy crystals.

/thread
    That did it!!! Simply unequipped and bought the new gear np.

ty so much

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxknight View Post
    Same issue here, I'm almost R5 and don't have the rep to get the R3/4 synergy crystal yet. Been doing the dailies as much as possible, they just aren't worth much rep compared the the crazy prestige grind that this weekend got me.

Not as easy as it sounds on some servers. Usually the best I can do on mine is occasionaly gank a carrier and get a tiny bit of rep for that.
    Haha I haven't seen the opposing faction at a PvP rift since they came out.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    Haha I haven't seen the opposing faction at a PvP rift since they came out.
    They probably gave up putting effort into it like I did, because it was just a waste of time. Sometimes we'll suprise them and get a few kills real quick when we show up, but once they announce on thier world pvp channel that people are actually fighting it quickly turns into a 1 raid vs 2+. Severe server population imbalance just doesn't make it worth it. At least my WF queues are crazy quick.

Ascendant

Umm i had the rep to buy r3/r4 crystals before 1.4

I capped it weeks ago with the daily pvp quests... (would be easy to cap even if you only do 3 out of the 4 daily world pvp quests)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Umm i had the rep to buy r3/r4 crystals before 1.4

I capped it weeks ago with the daily pvp quests... (would be easy to cap even if you only do 3 out of the 4 daily world pvp quests)
    I haven't been playing long enough to have it capped out even if I had been doing them every day since I hit 50.

You get plenty of rep to keep up with your rank if you just do those dailies and a couple of WFs a night, but if you binge on pvp and shoot your rank up fast, particularly with the weekend bonus (I hit it hard and made >250k prestige Fri-Sun), then your rank shoots up way faster then your rep. Consider that I've only been 50 a couple of weeks, I have two options:

1. Keep doing the dailies, guaranteed to take time and not necessarily get me the rep as soon as I need it.
    2. Participate in endless hours of PvP rifts and get ganked with 3:1 odds against me and hope that I occasionally scratch out a kill or close a rift.

When I'm r8 and still need rep, I'll consider option 2. For now I'll have the rep tonight to get my r3/4 crystal after doing the dailies again and it'll still be a couple of days before I hit r5. Unforunately I think the gap in rep required for the next crystal far exceeds what I need in terms of prestige to actually obtain those ranks. Fortunately the r3/4 crystal is still usable until you hit r6 and upgrade those last couple r4 items, so I'll get some use out of it.

Ascendant

very bad design on the gear.

the gear says "requires ____ synergy crystal" but what is meant is "___ synergy crystal unlocks the following benefits"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Ascendant

They probably gave up putting effort into it like I did, because it was just a waste of time. Sometimes we'll suprise them and get a few kills real quick when we show up, but once they announce on thier world pvp channel that people are actually fighting it quickly turns into a 1 raid vs 2+. Severe server population imbalance just doesn't make it worth it. At least my WF queues are crazy quick.
    I would believe this if they had made any attempt the first night. I think there are only 14 guardians on asphodel.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

+ Reply to Thread