+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this a win?

Ascendant

Default Is this a win?

You win a port scion match by pulling off a boss kill when the other team was farming you and at the end they have 1 or even 2k more favor than you. I consider this a loss personally and laugh at the people who suggest killing the boss when we are down by 500 points and 50 kills.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

I believe the reason for killing their boss at that point is to end the match, so you don't keep getting farmed. The fact that your team was able to kill the boss, makes me wonder if you were actually being "farmed" though.

Prophet of Telara

Yeah, it's odd. I've even finished alt. WS matches where, despite losing, we had more favor. We'd probably have won if people actually noticed the shard ninjas instead of farming but hey.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pooky View Post
    I believe the reason for killing their boss at that point is to end the match, so you don't keep getting farmed. The fact that your team was able to kill the boss, makes me wonder if you were actually being "farmed" though.
    I have been in matches where we only had like 20 kills and they had over 100 and we downed their boss.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Disciple

Well,

I would consider it a win. Don't know about you. Plus I think yesterday's daily was the port so alot of people want a "win" so they can finish the daily. At least you get extra favor and prestige for finishing that.

I mean if your team wins but you personally are not top favor on your side, do you still think that you lost?
    This object pvp. There are defined goals to win.

At least thats my take. Plus once you get r6 and start maxing everything out you don't even pay attention to those stats. Same for r7 and r8. I was maxed out at r6 for probably 4 weeks or more with nothing to really spend the favor on anyway.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeon View Post
    Well,

I would consider it a win. Don't know about you. Plus I think yesterday's daily was the port so alot of people want a "win" so they can finish the daily. At least you get extra favor and prestige for finishing that.

I mean if your team wins but you personally are not top favor on your side, do you still think that you lost?
    This object pvp. There are defined goals to win.

At least thats my take. Plus once you get r6 and start maxing everything out you don't even pay attention to those stats. Same for r7 and r8. I was maxed out at r6 for probably 4 weeks or more with nothing to really spend the favor on anyway.
    Well I guess it depends on what your goal is. If your goal is just to win the WF no matter the outcome than yes it is a victory. If your goal is to kill players you aren't really succeeding at that. If your goal is to get more favor than the other team than you are not succeeding.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Disciple

Well it is team based pvp so far. I mean say they had an instant arena, one on one. Say you killed him but somehow he got more favor. Would you still say you lost? I guess if you main goal is favor/prestige than ya, I guess some would cosider it a lost. I just never really paid attention to those stats.
    My main goal was always to win the match based on the goal supplied.
    Last edited by Axeon; 08-08-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeon View Post
    Well it is team based pvp so far. I mean say they had an instant arena, one on one. Say you killed him but somehow he got more favor. Would you still say you lost? I guess if you main goal is favor/prestige than ya, I guess some would cosider it a lost. I just never really paid attention to those stats.
    My main goal was always to win the match based on the goal supplied.
    Don't get me wrong I want to win the match and will try to do it, but I am not interested in winning the match more than I am getting favor. If the other team is stomping us into the ground I will want the match to be over but I am not going to celebrate or be happy if the whole other team gets 2k more favor than me when they lose.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

You get the equivalent of a gold star, but no win.

How much less favor would you get if you just let them farm & you didn't win? Seems obvious that if you're losing the pvp battle then go for the pve win to ensure at least some favor.

A win is a win. No one gives a damn crap about favor.

I don't understand : some peeps whine about favor killing the game (Progression) then they say that when don't receive as much, they lose. wtf.

Ascendant

stop worrying about the favor

you just helped your faction defeat a serious enemy!

=/
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Disciple

winning a warfront is meaningless imo. The end product does not last beyond the ending stat screen. Beyond that point winning or losing a match does not have any long lasting effect. Favor/prestige on the other hand has long lasting rewards in the form of progression.

If I absolutely had to choose between the two I'd farm favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milen View Post
    In the case I described, my teammates are not depending on me, they are either mindlessly feeding the premade with more favor or they are sitting nearby.
    And I couldn't care less about the queue time of the premade. The only factor that determines my decisions is: What is best for me?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie View Post
    winning a warfront is meaningless imo. The end product does not last beyond the ending stat screen. Beyond that point winning or losing a match does not have any long lasting effect. Favor/prestige on the other hand has long lasting rewards in the form of progression.

If I absolutely had to choose between the two I'd farm favor.
    This is how I feel. I don't have any way of telling how many games I have won or loss. I do know how much prestige and favor I have though.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    This is how I feel. I don't have any way of telling how many games I have won or loss. I do know how much prestige and favor I have though.
    So what's the point again? Getting gear? What do you do when you are BiS? You stop playing?

I personally play to win rather than to get favor. Maybe that comes from my TF2 Background. I'm used to playing the same maps / facing good enemies and trying to get better. Maybe that also explains why I hate PvE.

Different cultures I guess...

To me, 80kills to 20kills, if the 20 kills wins the match, the 80 kills simply failed. Look at it backwards, your team lands 60more kills than theirs and you lose the match, who's the winner? Even if you got more favor?
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-09-2011 at 01:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast