+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bring back whitefall steps event version!

Rift Disciple

Default Bring back whitefall steps event version!

it was more fun, had more stratergy, was more balanced and even if you were losing you could turn the game around!

it was 1000x better then the old version, we want it back!
    i7 2600k @5.6 1.45v load line extreme
    p8pdelux phase exetreme
    crucial SSD 355 mbs read 70/write
    samsung 2tb hdd
    2x Hd5970 toxic 1000/1200 (only 2 gpu in use for rift)
    8gb ddr3 corsair vengance
    win7 64bit

uh strategy? unless healers and aoe damage dealers were perfectly balanced on both sides the strategy was steam roll other team at middle, push toward their base a little, and run stones while you pick of stragglers trying to sneak by.

I think out of all the games I played this weekend maybe 3 were actually won or lost with non-zerg stone stealing strategy.

Ascendant

It should be back on Friday.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

No they need a week to fix all the bugs with it. Nothing like having 3 stones capped and it not registering one of them. And even better when no addition stones spawn.

Rift Disciple

The weekend version of Whitefall was way more fun and allowed comebacks. I won a game that our team was down kills 64 to 19 at the end, because of small groups going and ninjaing shards. It's not perfectly balanced, but more fun than the old version.

I did encounter several bugs with it, like the 4th+5th stones not spawning and having 3 stones capped but the score remaining 2-0.
    Last edited by Equis; 08-08-2011 at 06:48 AM.

Soulwalker

I agree. I had a lot of fun with this new ruleset. I enjoy both versions.

I disagree. The new WFS is not well designed. It promotes zerging, which is bad PVP. It's also easier to favor farm than before, and it exacerbates the 'rogue runner' spec problem. A better solution would encourage the teams to divide their forces and work as smaller units to capture/hold key points. Right now there isn't much of a point guarding the base if you hold midfield and pay attention to when stones are taken, as you can fall back and bury the carrier betwwen the base and midfield.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    I disagree. The new WFS is not well designed. It promotes zerging, which is bad PVP. It's also easier to favor farm than before, and it exacerbates the 'rogue runner' spec problem. A better solution would encourage the teams to divide their forces and work as smaller units to capture/hold key points. Right now there isn't much of a point guarding the base if you hold midfield and pay attention to when stones are taken, as you can fall back and bury the carrier betwwen the base and midfield.
    this is true. right now there's no point in defending the base. one idea could be to not show where your flag is when it's taken, thereby encouraging some people to actually defend it, and have less of a massive zerg in the middle.

saying that though, i'm quite happy with the middle zergfest. i love epic clashes of huge armies. it reminds me of codex battles at codex. there should be more strategy to the middle point though. trees, better cliffs, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    I'll have some of what your drinking!!

It promotes large fights (You class that as zerging?) you have souls specialized for running (you see that as a problem)

The fact that if your fighting the middle the stone runner has to get past you makes it difficult task, the fact a group of players will peel off from central fight to intercept/help runners majority of times, you can find the moment thos small groups peel of changes course of battle as suddenly you center defenders are overwhelmed and you end up going down, If you want capture and hold game then go to codex this is a different style of warfront.
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Shadowlander

Come on the new version is miles better then the old version, the only strategy the old version had was whichever team happend to cap 1st stone turte up rest of the game, and laughs at the other team trying to take their stone.

Granted I've not played the normal Whitefall, don't know why, just haven't gotten around to it. However, I did have a lot of fun playing the alternate version. Sure, sometimes we would get totally dominated and pushed all the way back to our base, but that only happened a couple times.

...too bad the bonus rewards were disabled after our server group crashed.

Im a fan of escalation. Much more pvp fighting than the original...and more prestige!

+ Reply to Thread