+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pocket healing nonsense

Default Pocket healing nonsense

This has to stop - dunno what mechanic you would use - but something along the lines of once a single target had received X amount of heals from a single healer then any heals in excess of X damages the healer and target for X% of the heals of cast

This would help stop the unstoppable warrior/pocket healer combo make a few e-peens flaccid

Go some way to stopping the ridicuolus situation where someones wife/little bro/gf only heals them and noone else in a WF

Makes premades less of a negative life experience for pugs

And most importantly will deflate the egos or those poor saps who think they are someone in RL cos they
    are awsome in pixel land

So can we make it so you can't do damage anymore after a certain period of time?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndel View Post
    So can we make it so you can't do damage anymore after a certain period of time?
    Sounds fair to me. I can't heal your target of choice, you can't damage your target of choice.

nerf strategies .... oh no!!!!! the humanity.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

warriors need healing to stay alive they have to have pocket healers,

but funny how the other 3 class's dont eh

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post

If the other 3 classes could take someone out in a few seconds after a stun, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

I can safely asssume you all have pocket healers and therefore a vested interest - pocket healers are a very different thing to the general healer in a wf and turns the inept and unskilled into monsters - when one healer ( usually a little brother beaten into the job) focuses on one particular player only and makes that player a god then a penalty needs to apply - if you cant see past your own e-peens ( or e - **** ) and recognise that this would help solve so many imbalance problems and introduce some thought into the game then your unhelpable - its only an idea, theres no need to be frightened of ideas you know.

Rift Disciple

Call me old-fashioned, but i think you need to stop being a terrible player, Betty.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post

Actually it's because the other 3 don't survive even with a pocket healer. So pocket healers go for the easier to heal warriors! (I know I do!)
    I'm so BORED

Ever thought of attacking the healer or disrupting healers? I see it every day with dps attacking the person being healed and not thinking once to swap to the healer.It makes me laugh everytime I see it.They think eventually the person being healed will die.Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Papertiger View Post
    Ever thought of attacking the healer or disrupting healers? I see it every day with dps attacking the person being healed and not thinking once to swap to the healer.It makes me laugh everytime I see it.They think eventually the person being healed will die.Wrong
    I actually think it's a little more complex than that. But yeah, the basic idea behind it seems to be something most people don't get.

"W00t, me smash target, why target no die?"
    Last edited by Elerina; 08-08-2011 at 04:02 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    This has to stop - dunno what mechanic you would use - but something along the lines of once a single target had received X amount of heals from a single healer then any heals in excess of X damages the healer and target for X% of the heals of cast
    Sounds great. However, since I have a big ****ing #1 over my head because I am one of the few healing clerics left, THIS has to happen in response. After I TAKE x% of damage in a WF, my damage reduction from all sources gets increased by x% and my heals on other targets get increased by x%

I mean seriously, this train crap of 5 dps running around insta gibbing people HAS to stop.
    Irony - Pathiss

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    I can safely asssume you all have pocket healers and therefore a vested interest
    I think I AM a healer that heals everyone and that the entire 'pocket' healer concept is a myth put together like aboslutely ****ty players like yourself that likes to whine. Do you REALLY think people play healers just so they can run around and spend their leisure time SERVING someone else as a pocket healer?

You are seriously ****ing stupid.
    Irony - Pathiss

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    I actually think it's a little more complex than that. But yeah, the basic idea behind it seems to be something most people don't get.

"W00t, me smash target, why target no die?"
    Of course it's more complext than that but there are a LOT of players in any MMO who will still play like this.It's refreshing to be in a warfront and actually see the enemy trying to interupt and kill the healers because that makes healing so much more of a challenge but i rarely see it.

Prophet of Telara

what is this hea-ling thing you guys speak of?
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast