+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spitfirek

Thread: PvP Dodging

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple spitfirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    156

    Default PvP Dodging

    Trion, please fix PvP dodging. This is when a player(or group of players) starts a dungeon using the LFG system and then leaves it using the "leave dungeon" button and then proceeds to world PvP. If they are about to die, they just use the "enter dungeon" button so that the enemy doesn't get any rewards for killing them.

    This needs to be addressed and fixed. We have multiple "pvp guilds" on our server that use PvP dodging ALL the time during PvP Rifts and it is hard to get any rewards for doing these rifts because we dont get any favor/prestige for the kills.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    Trion, please fix PvP dodging. This is when a player(or group of players) starts a dungeon using the LFG system and then leaves it using the "leave dungeon" button and then proceeds to world PvP. If they are about to die, they just use the "enter dungeon" button so that the enemy doesn't get any rewards for killing them.

    This needs to be addressed and fixed. We have multiple "pvp guilds" on our server that use PvP dodging ALL the time during PvP Rifts and it is hard to get any rewards for doing these rifts because we dont get any favor/prestige for the kills.
    Now this, is a serious problem.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Weakest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    wow

    10chars

    Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara Wawer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Based on the long wait I have for LFG on dungeon.
    You think this is a problem?
    And you QQing of this in PvP rift?
    If they run away, DESTROY THEIR rift.
    The 2x loading time they takes will allow you to kill their rift.
    Last edited by Wawer; 08-08-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Full premade groups don't really have a queue, they go in as soon as they decide they are ready.

    Though what the person is saying, is it seems more that they already have a dungeon going and keep popping in and out of it.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple spitfirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    Based on the long wait I have for LFG on dungeon.
    You think this is a problem?
    And you QQing of this in PvP rift?
    If they run away, DESTROY THEIR rift.
    The 2x loading time they takes will allow you to kill their rift.
    Usually what happens is we open the rift, they sit as a group at one of the gathering points and kill ppl until we mass up and start to pwn them, as they are about to die they "disappear" by entering their dungeon. We then don't get any favor/prestige from killing them(even if they would die to DoTs during the load screens.)

    After we "clear them out" and continue running shards, they teleport back out and continue ganking ppl again. They are all in "pvp guilds" and high ranked/geared so they are not easy to kill in the first place, we should get our rewards for beating them, wither it is by killing them or by forcing them to cheat and teleport away.
    Last edited by spitfirek; 08-08-2011 at 08:02 AM.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    Usually what happens is we open the rift, they sit as a group at one of the gathering points and kill ppl until we mass up and start to pwn them, as they are about to die they "disappear" by entering their dungeon. We then don't get any favor/prestige from killing them(even if they would die to DoTs during the load screens.)

    After we "clear them out" and continue running shards, they teleport back out and continue ganking ppl again. They are all in "pvp guilds" and high ranked/geared so they are not easy to kill in the first place, we should get our rewards for beating them, wither it is by killing them or by forcing them to cheat and teleport away.
    Start taking screenshots and posting on their server forums. Post here as well please and ty.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple spitfirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Take screenshots of what exactly? They teleport away, are no longer there, I would just be taking a screenshot of myself in the middle of group pvp with my avatar scratching her head wondering where the cleric I just dropped to 1% hp and had DoTs on disappeared to and why I haven't gotten favor/prestige yet for killing him.
    Last edited by spitfirek; 08-08-2011 at 08:15 AM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    This is just an easier and more reliable/consistent dodge like accepting a WF que mid overland PVP combat. They will probably figure out a way to get rid of this. IME It hasn't been a rampant problem though I do see a handful of players about to die vanish, who arn't rogues.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple Fauxknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    They will probably figure out a way to get rid of this.
    Can't do it while in combat is the easy fix. I was frankly surpised when I took my first dungeon queue while fighting a mob and was teleported mid fight.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    Based on the long wait I have for LFG on dungeon.
    You think this is a problem?
    And you QQing of this in PvP rift?
    If they run away, DESTROY THEIR rift.
    The 2x loading time they takes will allow you to kill their rift.
    its not getting in queue for a random group.

    if you have a full group and do the queue, you are in. bam boom port in and out as you please
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    Trion, please fix PvP dodging. This is when a player(or group of players) starts a dungeon using the LFG system and then leaves it using the "leave dungeon" button and then proceeds to world PvP. If they are about to die, they just use the "enter dungeon" button so that the enemy doesn't get any rewards for killing them.

    This needs to be addressed and fixed. We have multiple "pvp guilds" on our server that use PvP dodging ALL the time during PvP Rifts and it is hard to get any rewards for doing these rifts because we dont get any favor/prestige for the kills.
    if I'm solo in the world, I do the pve quests (you know, world pvp) while queueing for warfronts.

    i get as much done before I have to join the warfront or i join as soon as the group of 5-10 find me and all attack.

    I'm not ashamed of myself for dodging RvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    I do this for WF all the time. Who cares? I'm not going to spend 10 minutes of my life beating on another healer until one of us falls asleep.

  14. #14
    Champion Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    542

    Default

    I've always wondered how Mages and Clerics and Warriors could slip away.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    771

    Default

    All they need to do is entering a dungeon mid fight is a win for the other guy, AND if you do it you get a debuff that will not let you world pvp for 10 or 15 minutes.

    Being forced to complete combat opens up the possibility of missing your queue if you are legitimately farming or world pvping while you wait.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts