+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spitfirek

Thread: PvP Dodging

Default PvP Dodging

Trion, please fix PvP dodging. This is when a player(or group of players) starts a dungeon using the LFG system and then leaves it using the "leave dungeon" button and then proceeds to world PvP. If they are about to die, they just use the "enter dungeon" button so that the enemy doesn't get any rewards for killing them.

This needs to be addressed and fixed. We have multiple "pvp guilds" on our server that use PvP dodging ALL the time during PvP Rifts and it is hard to get any rewards for doing these rifts because we dont get any favor/prestige for the kills.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfirek View Post
    Trion, please fix PvP dodging. This is when a player(or group of players) starts a dungeon using the LFG system and then leaves it using the "leave dungeon" button and then proceeds to world PvP. If they are about to die, they just use the "enter dungeon" button so that the enemy doesn't get any rewards for killing them.

This needs to be addressed and fixed. We have multiple "pvp guilds" on our server that use PvP dodging ALL the time during PvP Rifts and it is hard to get any rewards for doing these rifts because we dont get any favor/prestige for the kills.
    Now this, is a serious problem.

wow

10chars

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

Based on the long wait I have for LFG on dungeon.
    You think this is a problem?
    And you QQing of this in PvP rift?
    If they run away, DESTROY THEIR rift.
    The 2x loading time they takes will allow you to kill their rift.
    Last edited by Wawer; 08-08-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Rift Disciple

Full premade groups don't really have a queue, they go in as soon as they decide they are ready.

Though what the person is saying, is it seems more that they already have a dungeon going and keep popping in and out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    Usually what happens is we open the rift, they sit as a group at one of the gathering points and kill ppl until we mass up and start to pwn them, as they are about to die they "disappear" by entering their dungeon. We then don't get any favor/prestige from killing them(even if they would die to DoTs during the load screens.)

After we "clear them out" and continue running shards, they teleport back out and continue ganking ppl again. They are all in "pvp guilds" and high ranked/geared so they are not easy to kill in the first place, we should get our rewards for beating them, wither it is by killing them or by forcing them to cheat and teleport away.
    Last edited by spitfirek; 08-08-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Banned

Usually what happens is we open the rift, they sit as a group at one of the gathering points and kill ppl until we mass up and start to pwn them, as they are about to die they "disappear" by entering their dungeon. We then don't get any favor/prestige from killing them(even if they would die to DoTs during the load screens.)

After we "clear them out" and continue running shards, they teleport back out and continue ganking ppl again. They are all in "pvp guilds" and high ranked/geared so they are not easy to kill in the first place, we should get our rewards for beating them, wither it is by killing them or by forcing them to cheat and teleport away.
    Start taking screenshots and posting on their server forums. Post here as well please and ty.

Take screenshots of what exactly? They teleport away, are no longer there, I would just be taking a screenshot of myself in the middle of group pvp with my avatar scratching her head wondering where the cleric I just dropped to 1% hp and had DoTs on disappeared to and why I haven't gotten favor/prestige yet for killing him.
    Last edited by spitfirek; 08-08-2011 at 08:15 AM.

This is just an easier and more reliable/consistent dodge like accepting a WF que mid overland PVP combat. They will probably figure out a way to get rid of this. IME It hasn't been a rampant problem though I do see a handful of players about to die vanish, who arn't rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    They will probably figure out a way to get rid of this.
    Can't do it while in combat is the easy fix. I was frankly surpised when I took my first dungeon queue while fighting a mob and was teleported mid fight.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    its not getting in queue for a random group.

if you have a full group and do the queue, you are in. bam boom port in and out as you please
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Ascendant

if I'm solo in the world, I do the pve quests (you know, world pvp) while queueing for warfronts.

i get as much done before I have to join the warfront or i join as soon as the group of 5-10 find me and all attack.

I'm not ashamed of myself for dodging RvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

I do this for WF all the time. Who cares? I'm not going to spend 10 minutes of my life beating on another healer until one of us falls asleep.

I've always wondered how Mages and Clerics and Warriors could slip away.

Shield of Telara

All they need to do is entering a dungeon mid fight is a win for the other guy, AND if you do it you get a debuff that will not let you world pvp for 10 or 15 minutes.

Being forced to complete combat opens up the possibility of missing your queue if you are legitimately farming or world pvping while you wait.

+ Reply to Thread