+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wow - Lightning Burst Damage - pics inside

Default Wow - Lightning Burst Damage - pics inside

First picture is the damage: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...807234034.jpg/

Second picture is my valor: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...807234541.jpg/

TLDR: Lightning Burst critically hits me for 4391 & I have 1009 valor.

I can't take mage tears seriously anymore.

Rift Chaser

Uh oh...

Someone on these forums complained about Mages in PvP. You know what that means?

Emergency patch in a couple of weeks to "nerf" Mages yet again, perhaps with new icons or some mounted speed buff to compensate for, the fifth time, Mages being nerfed back to the Stone Age yet again.

"But this damage require set up! And time! You deserve it if you let him cast all those spells!"

Doesn't matter... it's a Mage doing it. Hurry. Before the macro melee heroes have to learn more than one macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    Uh oh...

Someone on these forums complained about Mages in PvP. You know what that means?

Emergency patch in a couple of weeks to "nerf" Mages yet again, perhaps with new icons or some mounted speed buff to compensate for, the fifth time, Mages being nerfed back to the Stone Age yet again.

"But this damage require set up! And time! You deserve it if you let him cast all those spells!"

Doesn't matter... it's a Mage doing it. Hurry. Before the macro melee heroes have to learn more than one macro.
    Well, our calling doesn't have anything that hits that hard against over 1000 valor regardless of set up. BUt hey we can stealth

Yup, got hit for around 3k~ by LB.

Then came on the forums and saw mages complaining about cabs.

Laughed a little.

So let me do a little Fred Sanford math...

carry the one...

That 6165 damage to a fresh 50 & that's not counting the "set up".

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Well, our calling doesn't have anything that hits that hard against over 1000 valor regardless of set up. BUt hey we can stealth
    Someone can cast cleanse during the set up and and negate the entire set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Someone can cast cleanse during the set up and and negate the entire set up.
    Cleanse is on a 2 minute CD but I'll keep that in mind now that I know. Tbh, I haven't been hit that hard since b4 I was R2. Now that I know I can't hide behind valor I'll play a little more cautiously.

Still, you don't think that's a bit much?

Prophet of Telara

I got hit for 4000+ with 1001 valor but it only happened once during the entire weekend (175k prestige for an estimate of how much I played). It's still a bit on the crazy side but it's not like it happens all the time (which also means they won't miss it that much when it's nerfed I guess).

Prophet of Telara

Cleanse is on a 2 minute CD but I'll keep that in mind now that I know. Tbh, I haven't been hit that hard since b4 I was R2. Now that I know I can't hide behind valor I'll play a little more cautiously.

Still, you don't think that's a bit much?
    I'm not talking only about a specific rogue ability. Multiple classes have cleanses. This game's pvp is balanced around group combat. Start using teamwork.

I'm not talking only about a specific rogue ability. Multiple classes have cleanses. This game's pvp is balanced around group combat. Start using teamwork.
    Well, as a pugger I can imagine the laughs I would get calling for a cleanse in a WF. I can barely get support while I'm running enemy shards back. But thanks for the input.

Prophet of Telara

Well, as a pugger I can imagine the laughs I would get calling for a cleanse in a WF. I can barely get support while I'm running enemy shards back. But thanks for the input.
    Yeah. Everything should be balanced around people that ignore the tools available to them.

Yeah. Everything should be balanced around people that ignore the tools available to them.

See now you're just being a jerk. There's a large Rift population that likes to pug, despite the advantages Trion gives you guys. Everything doesn't have to be e-sport in a game to try enjoying it. But whatever, I learned a while back that you premade guys aren't open-minded about anything.

Prophet of Telara

See now you're just being a jerk. There's a large Rift population that likes to pug, despite the advantages Trion gives you guys. Everything doesn't have to be e-sport in a game to try enjoying it. But whatever, I learned a while back that you premade guys aren't open-minded about anything.
    Pugging doesn't have to be synonymous with bad. I pug occasionally, this does not mean that I no longer look at people with huge debuff lists to cast deny on during these matches. You happen to be the 1 soul with the least number of counters to this specific form of damage/debuff. Other souls have other strengths and weaknesses. Hell, you could buy Panacea potions as well to counter this.
    Last edited by Seether; 08-07-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Rift Disciple

You can't honestly tell me that these 5k crits are actually being reduced 50% by my valor and 30% by my classes magic damage mitigation... 5k after 80% reduction... wtf is that
    Tankalron :: Fires of Heaven :: Deepwood (US) Defiant

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tankalron View Post
    You can't honestly tell me that these 5k crits are actually being reduced 50% by my valor and 30% by my classes magic damage mitigation... 5k after 80% reduction... wtf is that
    pics or it didn't happen.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast