+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Wow - Lightning Burst Damage - pics inside

Glass. Cannon.

Stormcallers, when they have had time to set everything up, can hit like a truck, but also go down like a ton of bricks if attacked.

I play both a warrior and a mage (and I no longer spec SC, btw) in warfronts, and I think they are balanced, unlike the old 1.2 pyro's that could not be CC'd and had insane damage reduction.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
    Uh oh...

Someone on these forums complained about Mages in PvP. You know what that means?

Emergency patch in a couple of weeks to "nerf" Mages yet again, perhaps with new icons or some mounted speed buff to compensate for, the fifth time, Mages being nerfed back to the Stone Age yet again.

"But this damage require set up! And time! You deserve it if you let him cast all those spells!"

Doesn't matter... it's a Mage doing it. Hurry. Before the macro melee heroes have to learn more than one macro.
    ^ Mage that doesn't know what Lightning Burst is.

Rift Disciple

It's not about mage; it's about one specific spell added to the 1.4 release.

Is this spell over powered ? It's hard to tell, because:
    - the target has to be electrified (3 electrified effects)
    - the electrified effect can be removed (dispel)

I would have preferred a smart balance of the stormcaller, where its defensive capabilities are no longer annihilated by all the issues linked to the diminishing returns, instead of having this new disputable spell.

Plane Touched

Its amazing how trash finds this OP crap when other things get nerfed. Thats what I love about this game is Trion never knows about all the other op stuff lying in the weeds or there new changes will create with any given patch. I totally disagree with the whole if my character has to dance around and do cartwheels for 6 seconds first he should be able to basically one shot someone argument as well. Its a totally bogus argument. One shotting is a poor game player elememnt period end of story. If a certain soul/callings needs to be boosted it should be boosted but OP crap should always be removed. The glass cannon argument is a nice moronic one too. I've never seen a game like rift where basically any calling could fit that description or be basically a tank. On average in this game warrior=cleric=rogue=mage in terms of survivability.
    Last edited by Kwll73; 08-25-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Rift Disciple

Yes, lightning burst is disputable because on some rare situations, this spell can one shoot people.
    And one-shooting people is something that should never, ever, happen in a game. Period.

Ascendant

I hear MM rogues do the same kind of dmg, lets see some screenshots that top 4.4k
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    I hear MM rogues do the same kind of dmg, lets see some screenshots that top 4.4k
    Last time I checked we don't get skills that make LB spammable every other GCD. Give me Improved Hit and Run and Quick Reload so I can spam LB every couple seconds and then we'll tone down the damage.
    Last edited by lmprov; 08-25-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Shadowlander

Lets be honest here who needs stormcaller when you can go Choloro/Lock in Rank 8 and tank 4 people while you type out "sucks to be you guys!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11