+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Favour/Prestige gain too fast

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default Favour/Prestige gain too fast

    Ranks are now so easy to get they have become meaningless. It's turning into Wow where everybody in the game has free and easy welfare epics. That was ok there because at least it put everyone on an even footing and you still had your rating to work on.

    Here the gear is the reason to PvP - ie. PvPers are doing it to get gear, not rating. It's stupid but that's the reality.

    News flash. Once people get rank 8 and geared they are all going to stop PvPing again because there will be nothing to work towards. They will all unsub again.

    That is going to happen very shortly at this rate as prestige gains are crazy and favour is worse.

    This wont be a popular post with the masses who want easy gear but they will appreciate it when they get there and are just as bored as everybody else.

    My Advice: What I'm doing is mostly trying to find world PvP and trying to enjoy the PvP while it is there. If you focus on the grind you come out the other end and realise that there is nothing there. You've got to enjoy the PvP as you're working towards the gear . . . there is no nivarna at the end - only boredom.
    Last edited by Hajax; 08-07-2011 at 06:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    PvPing to PvP.. what a silly idea.


    Don't get stuck in the hay.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Agree.its so easy to get favor with the bonus weekend thing, the game gona get boring fast.
    Same repition warfronts, i am already getting there.

  4. #4
    General of Telara phyraxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Try playing on my cluster as defiant. 80% lose rate should slow you way down.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Calimdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    They just gave a boost on Favor/Prestige gain as an event for welcoming 1.4, as trion already said, dont get used to it.

    And about Whitefall Steppes with double gains, they probably did it trying to make RIFT more enjoyable for those players who can log only on weekends, ofc those who play on weekdays will stil gear up faster but those on weekends will be allowed to close the gap faster.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Githil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calimdil View Post
    They just gave a boost on Favor/Prestige gain as an event for welcoming 1.4, as trion already said, dont get used to it.

    And about Whitefall Steppes with double gains, they probably did it trying to make RIFT more enjoyable for those players who can log only on weekends, ofc those who play on weekdays will stil gear up faster but those on weekends will be allowed to close the gap faster.
    no, the Whitefall is a weekend bonus that Trion is starting for weekends only. People are taking huge advantage of it this weekend. Gains will be back to normal tomorrow until Friday evening I think.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander Calimdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    no, the Whitefall is a weekend bonus that Trion is starting for weekends only. People are taking huge advantage of it this weekend. Gains will be back to normal tomorrow until Friday evening I think.
    Yes, alternative whitefall will be disabled from monday to friday, but for now we still have gain boost event thats giving 30F-40P/Kill instead of 20F-30P/Kill (not sure about the numbers).

  8. #8
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    ITT: I'm upset I won't be a special snowflake running around "pwning newbs" in my uber leet gear and am afraid that if they are on even footing with me gear wise I will be immasculated and exposed for the failsauce terribad I've always been. I also do not PvP for the thrill of fighting an unpredictable opponent, but for the satisfaction in knowing I'm better than everyone because of my gear. I am not a PvPer, I am a scrub.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    standard operating proceedure, imo.
    undergeared players QQ about getting pwned by geared players, the fix: make the gear easier and faster to get.
    now everybodies happy and everybody is pwning, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Sir Sowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    standard operating proceedure, imo.
    undergeared players QQ about getting pwned by geared players, the fix: make the gear easier and faster to get.
    now everybodies happy and everybody is pwning, right?
    Yup, those P6 Rogues running Ranger have been decimating our team tonight. (I'm serious, I saw 4 of them.) /Sarcasm

    At last people will stop saying that gear>>>>>>Skill?
    Last edited by Sir Sowl; 08-07-2011 at 08:37 PM.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    ITT: I'm upset I won't be a special snowflake running around "pwning newbs" in my uber leet gear and am afraid that if they are on even footing with me gear wise I will be immasculated and exposed for the failsauce terribad I've always been. I also do not PvP for the thrill of fighting an unpredictable opponent, but for the satisfaction in knowing I'm better than everyone because of my gear. I am not a PvPer, I am a scrub.
    I prefer to fight people equally geared. Every half serious pvper in this game is easily fully geared. What I don't like is that the thing people work towards in this game is gear. And so when they get it all, they quit because the game gets boring with nothing to work towards.

    Tbh you sound like the butthurt scrub thats been losing and blaming it on the fact that people have btter gear than you. You're over defensive and totally misconstrued my post to fit your own little emo cocnerns. Learn the other classes. Develop an interest in pvp and you will get all the gear in a matter of days and be able to compete even with the people you feel all that pent up rage and bitterness toward.

    My point is that the equally gared players wont be around for long once they all get geared. I prefer to have them around to fight. I don't like fighting your kind all day when it takes 3 of you just to get me warmed up.
    Last edited by Hajax; 08-07-2011 at 09:15 PM.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Kharnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    standard operating proceedure, imo.
    undergeared players QQ about getting pwned by geared players, the fix: make the gear easier and faster to get.
    now everybodies happy and everybody is pwning, right?


    This was my thought as well. I think this solution helps quell the QQ about Valor being too big an advantage. The ranks 1-2 will become ranks 4-5 in no time. It will help level the playing field IMO.
    Kharnak- Warrior- Faeblight

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnak View Post
    This was my thought as well. I think this solution helps quell the QQ about Valor being too big an advantage. The ranks 1-2 will become ranks 4-5 in no time. It will help level the playing field IMO.
    I think this is good as well . . . if there is something else to work towards in the game in terms of PvP. Sadly, in Rift, there isn't.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hajax View Post
    I prefer to fight people equally geared. Every half serious pvper in this game is easily fully geared. What I don't like is that the thing people work towards in this game is gear. And so when they get it all, they quit because the game gets boring with nothing to work towards.

    Tbh you sound like the butthurt scrub thats been losing and blaming it on the fact that people have btter gear than you. You're over defensive and totally misconstrued my post to fit your own little emo cocnerns. Learn the other classes. Develop an interest in pvp and you will get all the gear in a matter of days and be able to compete even with the people you feel all that pent up rage and bitterness toward.

    My point is that the equally gared players wont be around for long once they all get geared. I prefer to have them around to fight. I don't like fighting your kind all day when it takes 3 of you just to get me warmed up.
    Hm .. you sound more butthurt ...

    Just sayin.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athelas View Post
    Hm .. you sound more butthurt ...

    Just sayin.
    I'm frustrated that Trion can't figure out what keeps people playing and enjoying pvp. I'm a little disappointed that they reused the same skins for rank 7 & 8 gear and there is not much that looks any good to put in wardrobe.

    I don't have any issues around being outgeared because I'm in the best gear and run with other people in the best gear. I had no issues with being beaten by people who outgeared me as I was ranking - it just made me more determined and is part of the game. I have no issues with being beaten by premades when I am pugging. So I'm not really butthurt about any aspect of pvp other than its farking boring once you get geared out and everyone stops playing.

    What I'm saying is I would prefer it if gear was harder to get so everyone (including myself btw) would take longer to get it and the good pvpers would stick around.

    That or make something else to keep pvp interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts