+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Willing to rollback healing nerf for dps nerf ???

Telaran

Default Willing to rollback healing nerf for dps nerf ???

So as DPS has found out the hard way in screaming for a healing nerf a new issue has emerged.

So here's the question would all the healing nerf proponents pre-1.4 patch be willing to retract their incessant crying to nerf healing and restore Clerics to what they were pre-1.4 patch?

My guess is they will not. They only saw the 1v1 battle they couldn't win pre-1.4 patch even if no one dies. Not even considering the ratio of healers vs. dps in warfronts as a possible reason for better survivability.

As a p6 Cleric that was pure PvP healing - I'm enjoying blowing up all you crybabies. In a game like this every action has reactions and maybe (holds breath) players will look past their immediate desire for the possible ripple effect their request may have in the future. Doubtful...

Cabalists are not OP btw just learn to not group up, but I know that's asking to much as it was for players to use stun/silence/fear/healing debuff(s) to kill Clerics pre-1.4 patch.

Amusing now Rogues/Mages are better suited as healing support and Clerics have taken the dps pedestal. Divine justice...

Telaran

Cabs did more damage pre 1.4.

Rift Disciple

I would bet the same kiddos who cried "healers are OP!" are crying "useless clerics switch to healing, darnit!" now. Funnily, those "useless" clerics do 5 times the damage/kills of the whiner. Hmm.. maybe the whiners should switch and support the much better DPS of the clerics? ;)

Definitely a "you reap what you sow" issue.
    Kharma is a bi... .

I have no opinion on the matter.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Naelee View Post
    I would bet the same kiddos who cried "healers are OP!" are crying "useless clerics switch to healing, darnit!" now. Funnily, those "useless" clerics do 5 times the damage/kills of the whiner. Hmm.. maybe the whiners should switch and support the much better DPS of the clerics? ;)
    Be happy to...when they give warriors a healing soul.
    Dagre - R8 Warrior, Deepstrike
    Vishanti - R4 Cleric, Deepstrike
    Malakai - R4 Mage, Deepstrike
    Valore - Not Yet 50 Rogue, Deepstrike

Rift Disciple

At least noone yells at you to switch

But yeah, for warriors it's not fun to have a full DPS team.
    It does get frustrating sometimes.

Ascendant

I don't think it's quite so binary. If Cabalist damage output is deemed excessive after a certain amount of time, it won't get nerfed with a healing buff coming as a natural byproduct of it. It'll just get nerfed. It always seems to work out that way. Something gets taken away, something is eventually given in return. In this case, the take/give came with the same patch. Clerics will never be an easy calling to "balance" so I'm inclined to give the devs a bit more breathing room before I skip to the forums to rage.

Plane Touched

So your question is really: Do you want broken PvP or broken PvP?

Can I pick option C - A fair balanced and fun PvP?

Can we make mages more than a free kill? No? Then you can have nothing.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    So we can yell at the warriors when they arent healing the clerics? and call them bads when they die to dps when we don't protect them..

I'd be all for them being in our shoes for a little bit... (as long as their dps is craptastic when they are in a heal spec as well)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

correct me if i'm wrong but isn't warlord a support soul, don't see anyone using that
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kenr View Post
    So your question is really: Do you want broken PvP or broken PvP?

Can I pick option C - A fair balanced and fun PvP?
    It was not unbalanced... It was a failure to use the tools/spells give stun/silence/fear/healing debuff(s) vs mashing GCD's...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Curari View Post
    So as DPS has found out the hard way in screaming for a healing nerf a new issue has emerged.

So here's the question would all the healing nerf proponents pre-1.4 patch be willing to retract their incessant crying to nerf healing and restore Clerics to what they were pre-1.4 patch?

My guess is they will not. They only saw the 1v1 battle they couldn't win pre-1.4 patch even if no one dies. Not even considering the ratio of healers vs. dps in warfronts as a possible reason for better survivability.

As a p6 Cleric that was pure PvP healing - I'm enjoying blowing up all you crybabies. In a game like this every action has reactions and maybe (holds breath) players will look past their immediate desire for the possible ripple effect their request may have in the future. Doubtful...

Cabalists are not OP btw just learn to not group up, but I know that's asking to much as it was for players to use stun/silence/fear/healing debuff(s) to kill Clerics pre-1.4 patch.

Amusing now Rogues/Mages are better suited as healing support and Clerics have taken the dps pedestal. Divine justice...

Having not been annoyed with Clerics yet post-1.4, taking your supposition of Cleric dmg being "OMGWOW!", I see no problem with going up against Clerics if they have superior DPS at the cost of crappy healing. Frankly, that's how Dom/Chloro plays. Welcome to the party!

All that being said, prepare to be complained about just like Dom/Chloros. And, no, I don't want to go back to the day of a 15 man raid being unable to kill 2 stationary Clerics.

edit: And, frankly, I think you fail to comprehed the entire complaint about Cleric healing in PvP. The Immortal Cleric problem was only going to get worse as damage mitigation scaled while healing mitigation remained at 100% effeciency from release. The nerf to base healing in PvP was a one time fix, that, I'm sure much to your disdain, will have to be revisited and reapplied if and when Valor starts to scale again.
    Last edited by Stewy; 08-07-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Shadowlander

Yes but only if they put back cabalist damage to 1.3 as well, it was way higher than it is now. I like to DPS once in a while healing raids and T2's and the WF's get old it's good to have a change, it's the only reason I play this game, they told me I could play multiple roles and I was like excellent now I wont get bored of being a one trick poney.

WF's now take the pressure off the boredom that is tank healing in raids, specially when your main heal hits for 4K+ and crits for 6K lol theres nothing left to do but mash one button and move when needed I rarely need my CD's in raids now only if i screw up my rotation.

On the other side I'm quite happy with no one asking me to heal anymore and if cab still had 1.3 damage maybe we should have been asking all the mages to heal lol I'm just amazed no one has realised yet that Inquisitor can just as easily top the charts with crazy amts of damage.
    Last edited by Rashan; 08-08-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Dont worry it wont be long - they have everything else

+ Reply to Thread