+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Will Dev's Ever Wise Up On the OP OP OP SlipAway?

Plane Touched

Default Will Dev's Ever Wise Up On the OP OP OP SlipAway?

Rouges have no reason to ever whine about another class till "Slip Away" is fixed to where it is not the most OP ability in game.

Time and time again rogues pop out of stealth, fill me full of bleeds, then slip away right before i am about to kill them; then they sit and watch for their AMAZINGLY LONG bleed damage to kill me. I burn so many pots keeping from dieing.

This tactic is obviously successful on lesser geared people, which means rogues, in open world combat have the BIGGEST ADVANTAGES.
    They choose when to attack, and they SLIP AWAY if things go wrong.

Come on Dev's... you want open world pvp then fix this insanely broken ability. I have dropped damage pots on top of rouges who used slip away but it never bothers them. I have used AOE abilities on the same rogues, and it never pops them out of stealth.

What other class has the option to never die? None.

Funny though how with the last patch, warrior dps went down, cleric dps went up, and the most OP ability in the game which also allows for the easy kills of many lesser geared warriors is not changed.

Good Job at making sure warrior life is the most difficult in open pvp.

Plane Touched

3/10

You almost had me.

2 minute cooldown, only makes you immune to damage for 4 seconds, meaning any bleed will pop them out of stealth, any aoe will pop him out of stealth, and when he does that you get out of combat in a few seconds so all you have to do is pop a drink and guess what, you don't die to the bleeds, learn how to play before you come crying.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Plane Touched

Died in PvP combat...

...run to the forums!

Nangasaur, defender of rogues, obvious bias.

Ascendant

Rogues in WoW had an almost identical ability (though I think it was on a much shorter CD) and nobody cried nearly this much over it.

Seriously, it's time to get over it. Every soul has a defensive cooldown. For an assassin, it's Slip Away. And unless it's paired with Hidden Veil and/or Cleanse Soul, it's not that great if the person you're trying to get away from/re-open on has put any kind of DoT on you.

You can be mad. Ya, you can get right riled up over it. Just a tip for you, though: it ain't gonna change.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    2 minute cooldown, only makes you immune to damage for 4 seconds, meaning any bleed will pop them out of stealth, any aoe will pop him out of stealth, and when he does that you get out of combat in a few seconds so all you have to do is pop a drink and guess what, you don't die to the bleeds, learn how to play before you come crying.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG. If it worked this way I wouldn't complain as much, but the bleeds keep you in combat FOREVER, pretty much until they run out.
    Dagre - R8 Warrior, Deepstrike
    Vishanti - R4 Cleric, Deepstrike
    Malakai - R4 Mage, Deepstrike
    Valore - Not Yet 50 Rogue, Deepstrike

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG. If it worked this way I wouldn't complain as much, but the bleeds keep you in combat FOREVER, pretty much until they run out.
    Nope, the bleeds don't keep you in combat forever. I've sat and drank to heal myself through bleed damage. I've seen tons of other people do it in warfronts when I've used Slip Away (for whatever reason) or died.

If the rogue is still on you or other people are attacking you, you'll remain in combat. If the rogue keeps spamming Expose Weakness on you after they've used Slip Away, you'll stay in combat. If the rogue fully disengages after they use Slip Away and nobody else takes a hostile action against you for a few seconds, you'll drop out of combat and you can drink to your heart's content.

Them's the facts, Jack. And if more people would take the time to ask questions and arm themselves with the facts before they launched into another QQ tirade, these forums would see a lot fewer new rage posts.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by SetisDagre View Post
    They do keep you in combat longer than they should, but they don't keep you in combat.

One of my biggest gripes is killing a sin that jumps me, make him respawn, and then after that I still can't drink. I think the problem is that it's still registering the damage as his, and he's "alive" because he respawns so it puts you BACK into combat, and then after that the countdown to get out of combat starts.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Best thing a rogue can do is slip away and call a friend.

nom nom nom nom

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post
    Rouges have no reason to ever whine about another class till "Slip Away" is fixed to where it is not the most OP ability in game.
    This has got to be a joke right? It is so easy to counter rogues and if you have such a problem with them you should build around that when in open world pvp.

Hints:

Mage: warlock/nec/chloro builds own rogues, no way a Sin rogue can beat you unless you are afk or they are seriously better geared than you.
    Cleric: any build can beat a Sin?
    Warrior: the lone warrior might have trouble with a Sin especially if you have no dot. Still, paladins should be able to take it, dot the rogue (follow the dot damage that appears even when stealthed) and then shield charge/ lights hammer and own face?

You also have potions and drinks right? No reason to complain about slipaway in open world pvp if you are walking about alone in a squishy build with no way to heal yourself.

If you follow the above advise you will never complain about slip away again, in fact you will wait around in dark places by yourself hoping for a Sin to tickle you so you can then own them.

Ascendant

Time and time again rogues pop out of stealth, fill me full of bleeds, then slip away right before i am about to kill them; then they sit and watch for their AMAZINGLY LONG bleed damage to kill me. I burn so many pots keeping from dieing.
    You must not be a cleric then. I do this to clerics all the time and they never lose any health -- they just heal through all the bleeds and then throw out a "rofl" in the chat. I literally had a R6 cleric talking to me in chat as I was trying to kill him.. He just jumps around and throws insta-heals. Nothing an assassin can do about it. Sin is the absolute WORST spec in the game for killing clerics.

This tactic is obviously successful on lesser geared people, which means rogues, in open world combat have the BIGGEST ADVANTAGES.
    You mean assassins. Assassin != all rogues. I will agree that sins have a nice advantage in open world 1v1 situations but they absolutely suck in WF's. Try playing the new Whitefall with a Sin. You will be half health from all the cleric AoE before you even get to mid field.

They choose when to attack, and they SLIP AWAY if things go wrong.
    Slip Away is on a CD and it's far from perfect. If you don't have veil on, you will insta-pop out of stealth if you have a dot on you. And even if you have veil on, you still pop out of stealth after a short timer. If you're at 10% health, even the veil doesn't help much. The enemy will see you and simply kill you as you try to drink.

Come on Dev's... you want open world pvp then fix this insanely broken ability. I have dropped damage pots on top of rouges who used slip away but it never bothers them. I have used AOE abilities on the same rogues, and it never pops them out of stealth.
    See above. The veil is on a timer (15 seconds I think). So if you have AoE'ed the area where the rogue was, he WILL pop outta stealth. You just have to be on the lookout.

LOL I die all the time. So do most other rogues. All you have to do is dot them up before they slip away and then wait.

Good Job at making sure warrior life is the most difficult in open pvp.
    Oh shut up. Warriors are OP'ed. Look at the WF damage stats the next time you do a WF. It will ALWAYS be a warrior. I am fully R6 geared and warriors (depending on their spec) can still kill me in 2 or 3 blows. Nerf warriors please (and then nerf cleric healing even more.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post
    Died in PvP combat...

...run to the forums!
    You're doing it wrong...

Gaught dominated, going to forums.

Yes I got that from Xvvt.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 08-07-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Rift Disciple

I have dropped damage pots on top of rouges who used slip away but it never bothers them. I have used AOE abilities on the same rogues, and it never pops them out of stealth.
    OK sorry I see you tried, looks like they used another cooldown (cleanse soul) from the pvp tree that stops magical damage for 5 secs. If they have that build though, their mobility is probably weak, you might be able to use that against them.

I'd be more worried about the bards.

Clerics, mages, and paladins?

Also you said "if the rogue outgears you". Well if it outgears you it SHOULD be able to beat you, its crazy that despite heavily outgearing folks often Sins will not be able to win.

Anyway, open world pvp.... walking around by yourself waiting to be ganked?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yassha View Post
    OK sorry I see you tried, looks like they used another cooldown (cleanse soul) from the pvp tree that stops magical damage for 5 secs. If they have that build though, their mobility is probably weak, you might be able to use that against them
    It's more likely Hidden Veil that is keeping them stealthed. Cleanse Soul is generally not used to provide immunity right before using Slip Away...it's sort of a waste of a CD. Cleanse Soul is what you use to shed DoTs before using Slip Away. Hidden Veil is what keeps a rogue in stealth for 15s after taking damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast