+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Why would anyone ever play a warrior?

Shield of Telara

Default Why would anyone ever play a warrior?

I'm just curious why anyone in their right mind would ever roll a warrior if they were as gimp as everyone else wants them to be? They are the lowest ranged dps in the game currently, so already are a liability for raid content that favors ranged. This is the pvp forum though so bearing that in mind, if a warrior can't stand up on the front lines who is supposed to? If they didn't have the best damage at melee range, why ever play a dps war?

This isn't a troll post just asking what people think their role should be, other than tanking..

play the game at 50, and you'll see why when you run into one that is rank 6
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    I'm just curious why anyone in their right mind would ever roll a warrior if they were as gimp as everyone else wants them to be? They are the lowest ranged dps in the game currently, so already are a liability for raid content that favors ranged. This is the pvp forum though so bearing that in mind, if a warrior can't stand up on the front lines who is supposed to? If they didn't have the best damage at melee range, why ever play a dps war?

This isn't a troll post just asking what people think their role should be, other than tanking..
    lol what?

Warriors are primary DPS in both raid and PvP. They are just not self sufficient as other classes and require a healer to baby sit them (in fact if you ask me they are a bit too self sufficient right now).
    Warriors rock **** bro. I don't even queue without a warrior.
    Sorry if you expected it to be a solo pwnmobile. Try mage or a rogue instead.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    lol what?

Warriors are primary DPS in both raid and PvP. They are just not self sufficient as other classes and require a healer to baby sit them (in fact if you ask me they are a bit too self sufficient right now).
    Warriors rock **** bro. I don't even queue without a warrior.
    Sorry if you expected it to be a solo pwnmobile. Try mage or a rogue instead.
    Maybe you guys misunderstood. I'm not saying warriors are useless currently. I'm saying people seem to say "well they have plate so they should do no damage." I was asking the question to those who always want warrior damage nerfed, what do you think the class should be good for if not melee damage?

Prophet of Telara

Maybe you guys misunderstood. I'm not saying warriors are useless currently. I'm saying people seem to say "well they have plate so they should do no damage." I was asking the question to those who always want warrior damage nerfed, what do you think the class should be good for if not melee damage?
    They should be good at melee damage. They shouldn't be good at melee damage, range damage, CC and utility in the same package.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    They should be good at melee damage. They shouldn't be good at melee damage, range damage, CC and utility in the same package.
    The last two more so than the first two imo. I dont mind the damage, but their utility and cc are way too accessible for such a damage out put.

"Why would anyone ever play a warrior? "

Because sometimes, you want to write a book report or watch TV while PvPing, but still have the full potential of the class at the same time.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    "Why would anyone ever play a warrior? "

Because sometimes, you want to write a book report or watch TV while PvPing, but still have the full potential of the class at the same time.
    Much win this comment has

Yes, warriors are OP...at maximum rank and with 3 healers up their bums.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRFFFFFFF!

Plane Touched

I laughed at the part where it said lowest ranged damage. I really did.
    Eldritch Knight Brod - 50 Mage Rank 8 Briarcliff

Telaran

Default u gotta be joking

Warrior are currently one of the best melee classes ingame in both pvp ane pve with hood gear. Im a r6 rogue (sin) almost rank 7 now with full r6 gear and 1080 valor. And still decent geared warriors can drop me with 3 gcds or in a few sec if they get the drop on me. High armor + High valor + amazing 2handed dps = Rift demigods. Even in pve they Do very Nice dps, in raids my guilds best dos is a warrior with more then 1300 dps single. Some warrior souls still needs a nerf.
    -Cellar rank 8 rogue Icewatch-

MM and mages are supposed to kite warrors and its a guaranteed kill or so warriors tell you - kiting is dead - whats the ability they have to teleport on to you- called something like bulls***t i think - melee and ranged elemental damage so only valor mitigates it - Trion fooked up big time with warriors but are too gutless to admit their mistake - and dont give that tired old response "but oh you have range" 35 metres turns into 0 in about 2 secs with the gap closers in this game
    Last edited by betty; 08-08-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellarone View Post
    Warrior are currently one of the best melee classes ingame in both pvp ane pve with hood gear. Im a r6 rogue (sin) almost rank 7 now with full r6 gear and 1080 valor. And still decent geared warriors can drop me with 3 gcds or in a few sec if they get the drop on me. High armor + High valor + amazing 2handed dps = Rift demigods. Even in pve they Do very Nice dps, in raids my guilds best dos is a warrior with more then 1300 dps single. Some warrior souls still needs a nerf.
    Well, duh?

I'm a warrior and Rogues (well, sins or marksmen) can kill me when they get the drop on me. That's how fighting works...

LOL! Truth there be in this. Truth there be. Being totally destroyed in 3, maybe 4 hits (if you're lucky enough to waste a pot healing yourself before being cut in half) will make your eyes bug out.

Quote Originally Posted by betty View Post
    MM and mages are supposed to kite warrors and its a guaranteed kill or so warriors tell you - kiting is dead - whats the ability they have to teleport on to you- called something like bulls***t i think - melee and ranged elemental damage so only valor mitigates it - Trion fooked up big time with warriors but are too gutless to admit their mistake - and dont give that tired old response "but oh you have range" 35 metres turns into 0 in about 2 secs with the gap closers in this game
    You're thinking of the few Warriors (myself included) who spec 26 RB for Riftwalk/Planar Blade. Riftwalk is the teleport-to-target + CC break and Planar Blade refreshes the cooldown on Riftwalk whenever we crit. The advantage is obvious, but the downside is that:

a) Your spells/attacks have a longer range than our Riftwalk;
    b) anyone who is speccing 26 RB is giving up higher damage and/or more mitigation for the ability to break all CCs (except Fear, but that's a bug) and teleport to their target nearly at will;
    c) Can only Riftwalk to targets in front of us and;
    d) Since we (generally) won't spec into any other CC breaks, you can root/snare/stun/stormshackle/whatever us from just out of range and we're completely f*cked. (assuming, of course, a 1v1 situation where we cant just Riftwalk to someone else to break the CC)

Highlighted the most important one there. If you've got a 26RB CC'd and are standing behind them, they're your b*tch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast