+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New game type.. what a joke

Shadowlander

Default New game type.. what a joke

There are 4 things wrong with doing this for only 1 mode..

1. You have to wait 10 mins per que to find out ur in what would appear to be the same match as last time which you lost so thats another 20mins of you getting farmed and then queing up again..

2. Its pretty much who dominates right at the start and holds the middle wins... Lets face it to get any shards at some point you have to run past the middle and if there camping it.. youve got no hope.

3. Why put dailies in anything other than Whitefall when you know thats all anyone is doing.

4. Premades dominate and your going to be faced again and again and again as they keep farming that one WF

Quote Originally Posted by Basukua View Post
    There are 4 things wrong with doing this for only 1 mode..

1. You have to wait 10 mins per que to find out ur in what would appear to be the same match as last time which you lost so thats another 20mins of you getting farmed and then queing up again..

2. Its pretty much who dominates right at the start and holds the middle wins... Lets face it to get any shards at some point you have to run past the middle and if there camping it.. youve got no hope.

3. Why put dailies in anything other than Whitefall when you know thats all anyone is doing.

4. Premades dominate and your going to be faced again and again and again as they keep farming that one WF
    its actualy realy good but.

1. rogues and tank builds ruin it
    2. you should not be able to use any abilitys while carying a source stone or flag,warfronts are after all a team game, your team should have to protect you while you are carrying the shard or flag.not be able to get a rogue to stealth in single handedly grab your shard, spam immune and dodge so you cant touch him,port miles ahead and run faster than a 110% speed mount. <----- this crap needs to be fixed.

other than that i like the new ecalation.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post

2. you should not be able to use any abilitys while carying a source stone or flag,warfronts are after all a team game, your team should have to protect you while you are carrying the shard or flag.not be able to get a rogue to stealth in single handedly grab your shard, spam immune and dodge so you cant touch him,port miles ahead and run faster than a 110% speed mount. <----- this crap needs to be fixed.

You have got to be the whiniest biatch on these forums. I'm thinking about transferring to your battlegroup so I can give you something to really cry about as far as rogues are concerned.

Well thats too bad for your side/servercluster... i am getting invites in about 1-3minutes. And if you get farmed over and over again than go play another Warfront.

Well if someone can hold the middle without any loses then they are much better so they deserve to win, i had tons of matches which forced both sides to split up, taking stones and stones being taken.

Also not true, when i want to make the daily i queue for both warfronts and got entrance to the daily one first.

Premades and solo players are seperated.

Rift Disciple

Had some great battles in the new map. I actually like that it's battle heavy and sometimes goes back and forth for a long while.
    Sure there were also some steamrolls, but that happens in the other ones too.
    Last edited by Naelee; 08-07-2011 at 05:21 PM.

I really enjoy it. It's been a blast thus far!
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Disciple

Rogues and tanks balance it out and allow for another strategy other than fight for the middle when one side is over powered.

Players really need to learn to defend thier stones, if you don't then you deserve to lose them to a riftstalker spec rogues.
    Former member of www.apex-guild.com. Now residing at http://www.project-cyrus.com.

I can't count how many times the other side has held the middle only to get their stones ninja'd by me and other Stalker builds. Holding the middle isn't everything.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    I can't count how many times the other side has held the middle only to get their stones ninja'd by me and other Stalker builds. Holding the middle isn't everything.
    You know, while I haven't enjoyed ALL my time in the new wf this weekend, I will say that I've seen many come-from-behind wins (both for my team, and against them) where a team was being dominated and then got lucky (or used skill, depending on which end you're on!) to suddenly end up with 3 stones and a win.

I can't remember ever seeing a old Whitefall have reversals like this - if you're dominated, you're dominated there.

So, while I'm not sure I 100% like it, I will say it offered some memorable matches. Heck, even when I was on the wrong end of a surprise win, you had to admire the way it worked out.

A teammate was describing an opposing team that tried to farm them for the whole 20 minutes, not capping thelast stone. They sent all their rogues over, ninjad their stones from their base with about 20 seconds left, and evaded pursuit long enough for the match to end in a 0-0 tie. (Yes, a very small moral victory after being farmed for 20 minutes, but at that point I imagine you'll take what you can get!)

I like the new Whitefall and like the above poster said, I have seen some amazing comebacks.

I have run a stone as a Champion all the way back and got some timely assistance while I was towing a defiant train and made it for the win. It was an epic struggle and I had no run buffs.

I have also seen a match where we were ahead on kills 69-13, got 2 stones ninja'd just as we were turning in stone #3 and then, while we were fruitlessly chasing down our stones, the last one got stolen.

Good stuff.
    Kharnak- Warrior- Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Weakest View Post
    Agreed. I'm not a rogue but too many times my side was holding the middle and lost because the other guys stole our stones as I was the only defender. I even had one match with a moron yelling at me to wait for stones to spawn in the middle instead of stopping the opposing stone thieves.

Telaran

To be honest I quite like the new Whitefall. Que solo but had multiple epic matches. Better then anything I had so far in this game. and yeah 3min ques here as well

Not always. Oftentimes the other team gets farming tunnel-vision and only one or two of their players focus on the shards. I had a match where my team was being crushed in kills, but in the span of 3 minutes we managed to grab two stones from the Defiant base and a third that was being run back. We got completely crushed (kills were ~60 to 2), and of course got less than half the favor of the Defiants, but we did technically win.

1. You have to wait 10 mins per que
    My queues averaged closer to 10 seconds. If I wanted to get anything done outside of a match I had more time waiting out the accept timer or the match start timer than the queue times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast