+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Death resist > Cab

Default Death resist > Cab

Just made a death resist / valor sigil and put on death resist trinket etc. and cabalist become aoe fluffers that dont really hurt nearly as bad.

Might want to do that if you're having problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Just made a death resist / valor sigil and put on death resist trinket etc. and cabalist become aoe fluffers that dont really hurt nearly as bad.

I love your creative way of telling others to L2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I love your creative way of telling others to L2P.
    So what you're saying is... every time we fight X class we switch to X sigil? Kind of hard to do when already in combat.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    So what you're saying is... every time we fight X class we switch to X sigil? Kind of hard to do when already in combat.

- Vybz
    Why not keep it on all the time? It has valor + death resists + the typical stats you would have. I just bought the death resists essences from the inscribed npcs and mixed with valor, put on the +20 sigil etc. and it's just overall more helpful.

If you're NOT having a problem with cabs then dont worry about it. Was just offering it as a suggestion and what I've done that I've noticed helping.

Or people can just complain about cabs...

Inquisitor
    Cabalist
    Dominator
    Warlock
    Necro

Obviously the #1 used element in PvP, by quite a ways. You should be running at least 2 death epic essences in your PvP sigil, the ones with stats you would use anyway. Slightly more optimal stats is not worth taking essences from an inferior element.

I assume focus counters it tho.

That reminds me of the "way out" pyros used to say..
    Tikay lvl 50 mage - Fontana lvl 50 rogue

+27 death resist to shoulders too just found out

Sword of Telara Chancellor Gowron's Avatar

How much does this really help when they have focus? When Pyros were running wild i stacked full fire res but not once did i see a resist in lvl 50 pvp. To what degree it reduced their damage i can't say.
    Last edited by Chancellor Gowron; 08-07-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chancellor Gowron View Post
    How much does this really help when they have focus?
    let them belieeeve

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post

Got a better idea : Move out of the damn AOE. Problem solved!

Prophet of Telara

Competent healer > 3 cabs
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sowl View Post
    Got a better idea : Move out of the damn AOE. Problem solved!
    Obviously but when 4 in a row summoned me right back over... and over... and over... and over... thats when I said ok time to see how much resists helps this and made the sigil. And if you think I'm one of those people too stupid to move out.. you've obviously never been in a warfront with me.
    Last edited by Shhhh; 08-07-2011 at 04:38 PM.

maybe you guys just never read what focus does and what the actual resists do. Focus just increases chance to hit. Resists help you straight up resist a spell AND resists the amount of damage you take. So, let them have all the focus they have, you will still be able to mitigate the damage.

Rift Chaser

I seriously totally agree with OP.

But expecting people to realize the school of a spell and then to actually have to work to gain mitigation against that school (especially since it repeatedly kills you) is beyond the scope of most players' graspability.

You can thank WoW for this trend. Remember at the start of Arena when Warlock dominated and they basically said "Stack Shadow Resist... duh!" Well, people did that, and then suddenly The Warlocks' own advice was all of a sudden overpowerd because they deemed it more expedient to whine in the forums and remove switching gear in Arena rather than actually invest in +spell penetration to counteract the implementation of their own advice.

More nuanced stats such as +resist are often lost on the general population and, sometimes Devs, of MMORPGs such as this. Once Cabalists mash their buttons and see a wave of "Resist. Resist. Resist." on their screen, they'll whine and complain about people actually doing what you recommended, instead of taking the initiative and adjusting.
    Last edited by Stewy; 08-07-2011 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Githil View Post
    maybe you guys just never read what focus does and what the actual resists do. Focus just increases chance to hit. Resists help you straight up resist a spell AND resists the amount of damage you take. So, let them have all the focus they have, you will still be able to mitigate the damage.
    Focus reduces resist but did not reduce the dmg reduction cause by resistance.
    so if you compare resistance and Valor , valor work better.
    PS: I have 80 focus in PvP gear and I rarely see my spell Resisted,
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast