+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Noticing a trend...

Default Noticing a trend...

On the Freeholme cluster Guardian side, I'm noticing more than half of the healing clerics are yelling at the DPS clerics to heal because they're useless as DPS, when the DPS clerics are doing more damage and KBs then any other of the DPS. It's starting to get bad. Anyone else having the same issue?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

No

I noticed like 1 in 10 clerics heal their team now and that usually means a horrible warfront where that team loses.

Maybe once you hit level 50 and get maddddddddd purplez it's different but I've noticed the opposite. DPS clerics making games unbearable slaughter fests because they think they can solo the warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    On the Freeholme cluster Guardian side, I'm noticing more than half of the healing clerics are yelling at the DPS clerics to heal because they're useless as DPS, when the DPS clerics are doing more damage and KBs then any other of the DPS. It's starting to get bad. Anyone else having the same issue?
    Nope. I've noticed way more dps clerics, but I've gone cabalist a few times myself and it puts out amazing damage. If we have enough healers, I don't say a word. If I'm healing and I feel like we need more heals, I will NICELY ask if they have a healing spec they wouldn't mind switching too because I can't handle it alone. More often than not they will if asked nicely.

Rivellana - R7 Eth Cleric (Retired)
    Lexxii - R6 Dwarf Cleric

Prophet of Telara

Problem I am seeing is that now that they seem to have a more viable dps build and now tons of clerics are going dps leaving their team with weaker bard heals, etc etc. Clerics should never be as good as a DPS class as others to ensure they do their job. They should only consider dps if we have too many clerics, unless they want to make my bard a full healer...

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Problem I am seeing is that now that they seem to have a more viable dps build and now tons of clerics are going dps leaving their team with weaker bard heals, etc etc. Clerics should never be as good as a DPS class as others to ensure they do their job. They should only consider dps if we have too many clerics, unless they want to make my bard a full healer...
    Most of your rogue builds bring nothing to the table in any wf. Now that codex exploit is fixed, i see no reason why any rogue should not go either MM or Bard. Any other spec if useless. You cant kill healers (even post heal nerf) warriors and lol clerics, bring more to the table in terms of effective damage and/utility outside of barding, and you are a solo class in a group environment.

Even if there were 100 healers, you should be barding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    That might possible be my guild...

And yes clerics that spec dps are hurting your team. (or rather not helping as much as they could)
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

I'm not saying there are less DPS clerics, I'm saying they're all DPS clerics. The one or two helaing clerics are yelling only at the other clerics. Not the DPS mages, or the rogues.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Most of your rogue builds bring nothing to the table in any wf. Now that codex exploit is fixed, i see no reason why any rogue should not go either MM or Bard. Any other spec if useless. You cant kill healers (even post heal nerf) warriors and lol clerics, bring more to the table in terms of effective damage and/utility outside of barding, and you are a solo class in a group environment.

Even if there were 100 healers, you should be barding.
    QFT. I rarely come across a class I can't kill even in a group environment, I ninja shards constantly, stop their runners, etc etc. I do what the group needs, but you are clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    QFT. I rarely come across a class I can't kill even in a group environment, I ninja shards constantly, stop their runners, etc etc. I do what the group needs, but you are clueless.
    Youre quoting for truth? Ive rarely come across a sin (i assume sin since you said ninja and sneak) that can kill anyone. Especially solo and especially where even a minimal amount of healing is being done (icar).
    But i can stomp any rogue.

Everyone can "ninja shards"
    Everyone can "stop runners" especially ranged characters (MM)
    And the etc. etc. is nothing else but CC and manipulation of groups, which you cant do to the effectiveness of the other classes, even DPS build which can throw in a 1 justi for group heals and still keep a majority of their dps.

Your group needs you to run bard, stop playing naruto and be useful.

Get over yourselves...

Really

My cabbie gets top dps and KB every match so yes, I'm contributing way more than your little rogue efforts.

And dont even try to get me to heal, you guys asked for heals to be nerfed remember?

Live with the consequences of that ^.^

I'm noticing I'm the only one that's not a f*cking Cabalist.

And I have to heal all the time because everybody's running around doing DPS and letting their team die.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post
    I'm noticing I'm the only one that's not a f*cking Cabalist.

And I have to heal all the time because everybody's running around doing DPS and letting their team die.
    Get used to it and stop bullying other clerics.

Healing in wf's pre 1.4 was miserable. Full of special little snowflake dps who screamed for heals as they ran solo into a full group of the opposition then blamed you when they died?

WTF?

DPS then screamed for heal nerfs - well they got them, and 1.4 has made a miserable warfront experience even worse.

Hell no, I'm not doing that.

So get used to the decent DPS cabbies and people who chose to actually have fun for a change ^.^
    Last edited by Liandral; 08-07-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Telaran

Who cares? I think we should all get to have fun and dps to our heart's content. People were griping that healers were too hard to take down, so a lot of us went dps. Now its a dps slaughterfest. I'm fine with it really. A lot less pressure aoe'ing that it is healing. If i die, so what, i come back and kill someone. Plays more like a fantasy shooter now. If that's what people wanted, so be it, i can adapt.

Plane Touched

I'm glad everyone agrees rogues need a buff, tion please take note!

Am I the only person who has not found the healing nerfs to be that severe?

And yeah, so what? If you want more healers, make a premade. Otherwise, deal with the pug. Welcome to an MMO, telling people what to do will just get you put on ignore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast