+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ironzerg
  • 1 Post By Trisian

Thread: Suggestion: No tap on Open World PvP Kills

Rift Chaser

Default Suggestion: No tap on Open World PvP Kills

Can we remove tapping players in open world PvP. Kills should be shared across groups and raids, for anyone who assists in killing another player. With the increase in world PvP activity, in order to keep things fun and rewarding, "tapping" players should be removed.

On otherwords, if they die and you helped, you get favor/prestige, regardless of who attacked the target first.

Quote Originally Posted by ironzerg View Post
    Can we remove tapping players in open world PvP. Kills should be shared across groups and raids, for anyone who assists in killing another player. With the increase in world PvP activity, in order to keep things fun and rewarding, "tapping" players should be removed.

On otherwords, if they die and you helped, you get favor/prestige, regardless of who attacked the target first.
    Agreed. Then as an incentive to play well, award the player who got the killing blow looting rights and the ability to loot one item at random from the enemy's bag.

Rift Chaser

Just having it count for a kill/favor/prestige is more than enough.

We don't need to start making people lose items in world PvP. That'd actually have the opposite effect intended.

Quote Originally Posted by ironzerg View Post
    We don't need to start making people lose items in world PvP. That'd actually have the opposite effect intended.
    Would it? When is the last time you counted how many bag slots you had? A lot I bet. Now imagine the chances of 1 of those slots containing something valuable to you personally, out of all those other slots, and you happen to be so off your game that another player kills you out in the open world, and that player was lucky enough to pluck that one valuable item from your bag.

Would there be tears? If you answer anything but yes, then my idea is perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-07-2011 at 09:22 AM.

i couldnt agree more

getting involed in a world pvp skirmish and getting no favor, no prestige for it is dumb...

if your involved in the kill in any way you should recieve favor, prestige and counted toward your pvp daily count

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Stinker View Post
    if your involved in the kill in any way you should recieve favor, prestige and counted toward your pvp daily count
    Exactly. By engaging another player you are flagging yourself and putting your character at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Would it? When is the last time you counted how many bag slots you had? A lot I bet. Now imagine the chances of 1 of those slots containing something valuable to you personally, out of all those other slots, and you happen to be so off your game that another player kills you out in the open world, and that player was lucky enough to pluck that one valuable item from your bag.

Would there be tears? If you answer anything but yes, then my idea is perfectly fine.
    But skill won't save you from a zerg owning you so there would have to be a way to make it so that if you were ganked by multiple people, you don't lose anything. Besides, if you lost an important item in your inventory with no way to get it back just from dying once, people would just stay in the main cities where guards would protect them from losing any items. I think most people stay in the main cities anyways... There would be no reason to leave if this was implemented.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 08-07-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    There would be no reason to leave if this was implemented.
    PvP rifts are reason enough, and Trion's got more in development.

I find your conclusion lacking.

+ Reply to Thread