+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redrowen

Thread: Rank 7-8

Default Rank 7-8

well was fun grind to r7 now the real grind begins. this bonus favor is very nice.

Most effective things ive sen done in the new warfront is to hold the shard when it first pops. and farm your oppents until they stop coming out to play.5-7k is not uncommon per match.

next to that is port. let them grab the bridge and aoe it down till match times out or someone takes it.

thses are the only somewhat cheese ive seen so far besides the use of +3 cabs in the new wf when people dont spread out. no complaints on the healing nerf. so far i think it was needed. these are my thoughts. i could care less about nerf this or nerf that convos that are not constructive or the internet wise guy lol. gg

450k to rank 8 .
    Last edited by Epicedium; 08-07-2011 at 08:37 AM.

That 5-7k oftens comes at the expense of the opponent looking at 1-1.5k or so. That is not enjoyable for people, they do not like being farmed, etc. So they stop queuing. At first, Escalation was the only one popping - then - everything but it was popping. It is a Premade Wet Dream come true. That being said, it definitely has made the other WFs more enjoyable since they are all in queue for Escalation and farming those that do not know any better yet...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Have had the same port scion quest two days in a row incomplete just because whitefall escalation is such baller' favor/prestige haha
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

some valid points. but tbh this could be done in any warfront just need people to listen on your team.i hear ya though.I was just bringing to light things ive done/seen and if they want to try and get something going about it thats totaly cool. just sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Epicedium View Post
    some valid points. but tbh this could be done in any warfront just need people to listen on your team.i hear ya though.I was just bringing to light things ive done/seen and if they want to try and get something going about it thats totaly cool. just sharing.
    My thing was more of an observation on how it might not last. I've only been in two winning Escalations since it popped on K. That being said, some were pretty fun and close losses. Both sides got an exorbitant amount of F/P form them. Then the farming started. You'd have 60-100 KBs on one side and less than 10 on the other.

I stopped playing my R6 Mage, because frankly he just was not any fun. That left me with a R2 Warrior or my fresh 50 Cleric. It was a pretty easy decision to play the Cleric. Both would have been basically useless, but the Warrior far more so against the opponents we typically face. At least with the Cleric, I could get out some heals or do some support/DPS with Cab before dying. With the speed of ranking/gearing, I definitely feel I made the right decision - the heals are getting better and she is living a little longer to get them off, lol.

But yeah, it was mainly an observation on how it may not last. People play for fun, for entertainment - and with the increased F/P making it more likely that a side will farm... oh well.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    My thing was more of an observation on how it might not last. I've only been in two winning Escalations since it popped on K. That being said, some were pretty fun and close losses. Both sides got an exorbitant amount of F/P form them. Then the farming started. You'd have 60-100 KBs on one side and less than 10 on the other.

I stopped playing my R6 Mage, because frankly he just was not any fun. That left me with a R2 Warrior or my fresh 50 Cleric. It was a pretty easy decision to play the Cleric. Both would have been basically useless, but the Warrior far more so against the opponents we typically face. At least with the Cleric, I could get out some heals or do some support/DPS with Cab before dying. With the speed of ranking/gearing, I definitely feel I made the right decision - the heals are getting better and she is living a little longer to get them off, lol.

But yeah, it was mainly an observation on how it may not last. People play for fun, for entertainment - and with the increased F/P making it more likely that a side will farm... oh well.
    I can Diffently die thats for sure lol. heals are not what they used to be but tbh it was a much needed fix.now only if i can get my armour to really dye all white like a proper little cleric.and the new warfront pvp combat is alot more intense with that funnel type clash in the center.
    Last edited by Epicedium; 08-07-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

In my personal opinion, people who feel the need to farm the opposition are classless and typically subpar players. Good pvpers simply stomp the competition, win the game and get on with the next one. There is no need to rub anyones nose in their loss, try acting like you have won before.

Also if any devs reading... plz have a look at "mighty quickening brew" there is no cool down. you can basicly gain 50% runspeed if you have enough pots. just click the pot right when buff wears off and gg. spam click to your harts content.

Quote Originally Posted by thechubs View Post
    In my personal opinion, people who feel the need to farm the opposition are classless and typically subpar players. Good pvpers simply stomp the competition, win the game and get on with the next one. There is no need to rub anyones nose in their loss, try acting like you have won before.
    It's the same as killing a level 45 questing in Stillmoor when you roam around finishing up the pvp daily. It's nothing personal, not rubbing your nose in it. Just gotta do my daily brah.

When we get them in a spot where we've clearly won the match but the enemy team continues to trickle out and feed prestige/favor it will continue to be abused because that's one less game you need to queue for down the road. While I enjoy PvP I still want to max out my favor/prestige gains per game.
    PVP: R8
    GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | HK 4/10 | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | RotP 1/4

why would you farm people with a 2k win bonus? best way is to win a fast 6 min game.
    Deepstrike,were the real men PvP.

I'm surprised on how much favor I have gotten. Enough favor and tokens for all of the gear needed by rank 7.

That leaves all of the rank 8 grind to get more. I suppose I will have a ton of the valor pots.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I'm surprised on how much favor I have gotten. Enough favor and tokens for all of the gear needed by rank 7.

That leaves all of the rank 8 grind to get more. I suppose I will have a ton of the valor pots.
    Definitely leaves one to wonder what will happen when they turn it down again...

...for that matter, if they'll actually be able to turn it down again.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by thechubs View Post
    Oh how wrong you are. Team that execute flawless and quick victories are usually rewarded by having the other team stop q'ing.

Fast win v Slow win doesnt mean much. Decisive wins are what matter. If you win decisively then they stop q'ing. So you might as well enjoy the moment while it lasts.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
    Oh how wrong you are. Team that execute flawless and quick victories are usually rewarded by having the other team stop q'ing.

Fast win v Slow win doesnt mean much. Decisive wins are what matter. If you win decisively then they stop q'ing. So you might as well enjoy the moment while it lasts.
    for the record i puged r6-7 dou a few matches into r7 but never more then about 5 till a freind had to log. this wasnt in a preform though the players on both sides seemed to be in quite a bit of r6 gear.just talk to your teamates in a mature way suprised with results mroe often then not.
    Last edited by Epicedium; 08-07-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by raymurda View Post
    why would you farm people with a 2k win bonus? best way is to win a fast 6 min game.
    Because your next 5 games may be losses :P It's a random dice roll on PuGs (which I typically do) so when you have the chance, you use it
    PVP: R8
    GSB 5/5 | RoS 4/4 | HK 4/10 | GP 4/4 | DH 4/4 | RotP 1/4

+ Reply to Thread