+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion : Something needs to be done about PVP rift "exploit/stupidity""

Ascendant

Default Trion : Something needs to be done about PVP rift "exploit/stupidity""

Seen it a few times already, a rift of my faction opens, so I get there... And there's no one from my faction. No group ready to farm it either. But, mysteriously, there's a whole group/raid of players of the ennemy faction already destroying it.

It's either :
    1) A dumb player who didn't realise he can't farm&hold a rift by himself, and thus give free favors/notoriety to his ennemies
    or ( more likely )
    2) People who open a rift with an alt from another faction just so they can break it uncontested.

It's either a super lame exploit, or a stupid move allowing the ennemy to farm free favors. Either way, it has to stop.

Rift Chaser

How is this an exploit?

And why wouldn't the enemy faction just open it themselves, run the stones and call it a day?

Most likely what happened was what was happening on Sunrest this morning. A group of 5-10 Guardians, thinking they were alone, opened up a PvP Rift. We had a full raid already assembled doing the dailies, rode over, smashed the Guardians then cooked the raid Rift. Once we broke them, they never came back and we were free to shut it down.

And on that note, do you even know how one of these Rifts is opened?

Also, right now, the Rifts are dropping that much favor/prestige, so it's hardly worth it to "exploit" these as favor farms.

No exploit. When a PvP rift is opened it is announced in the World Defense Channel. So instead of just opening it, how about you group up and then open it.

Oh, you get the lure from the favor merchant (where you bought the pvp soul) for 2500 favor. Its a permenant gained ability and let's you use it once every 2 hours.
    Last edited by Morithin; 08-07-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Morithin View Post
    No exploit. When a PvP rift is opened it is announced in the World Defense Channel. So instead of just opening it, how about you group up and then open it.

Oh, you get the lure from the favor merchant (where you bought the pvp soul) for 2500 favor. Its a permenant gained ability and let's you use it once every 2 hours.
    I'm not sure if the OP knows this. I can't imagine anyone thinking it'd be easier to level up and alt, grind the favor and buy the ability just so they can use it once every two hours.

Poor soul is just confused and bewildered with the new content. Once people figure out how this all works, things should calm down.

A lot of people have 50 alts. 2500 favor can be acquired literally in 10 minutes.

I'm not saying this is being exploited, and I really wouldnt care if it was, but the arguments against it seem kinda trivial. I've only run 3 of them but it would seem to me that it's quicker to destroy an undefended PvP rift than to wait on 35 stones to spawn and run them unmounted through pve crap.
    Last edited by Dashel; 08-07-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morithin View Post

No way?
    I already have 8 level 50 toons and all they all have the lure.

Quote Originally Posted by ironzerg View Post
    I'm not sure if the OP knows this. I can't imagine anyone thinking it'd be easier to level up and alt, grind the favor and buy the ability just so they can use it once every two hours.
    With my alts, I could use it every 30 minutes actually.
    And if I was in a guild, with, say, just 10 other members, each with 4 alts... we could use it at will.

And why wouldn't the enemy faction just open it themselves, run the stones and call it a day?
    Because running the stones takes like 10 minutes, and destroying a rift takes like 1 minute?
    Not to mention that when you run stones, your team is scattered all around the map, which mean it's harder to fight ( assuming someone comes in ). When you destroy the rift, all your team is at the same place.

How is this an exploit?
    You don't understand how it's an exploit to have one player log an alt to open a rift just to your ready-team could destroy it? Really?

Just curious, would it be an exploit if, say, in Whitefall Steppes, my team was running a premade, BUT I was on an alt in the ennemy faction, and I'd told them : I'll take our team's stone and bring it to "this location" alone by outrunning my team, come and kill me to grab the stone.
    ?

That's pretty much the same thing.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 08-08-2011 at 12:15 AM.

This is such a petty complaint, you would think the game was so good that you have to split hairs to complain. Sadly the game has real issues and a community that whines about petty nonsense like the OP.

+ Reply to Thread