+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Pledge for Trion to fix riftstalkers in Whitefall Steppes.

Default Pledge for Trion to fix riftstalkers in Whitefall Steppes.

Yes, this has been up numerous times, but it is time once again -

Do it so that when a riftstalker uses any teleport abilities, he drops the flag.

Cant see why those specific class/roles should have such a huge advantage in this wf?

And before ppl say "blabla l2p" - I have had a riftstalker myself, and I stopped using it due to that particular huge advantage.

Those who do not agree with me, either has a riftstalker themselves, or are used to team up with someone who is. A buddy or whatever.
    Last edited by Amonkira; 08-07-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    "..Amonkira, Lord of Hunters. Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    This is incorrect. Every European server listed on these forums is an English language sever, as are our forums.

I saw one last night that seemed to warp across an impressive expanse of the field after being blitzed then rift summoned in quick succession. I said at the time it looked a lot like a hax, but was assured it was just the Riftstalker skills at play. Would be nice to know how to counter that, because none of the skills my warrior has seems to make a difference. If the L2P proponents would care to share their strategies for countering a warping Riftstalker, the rest of us would be very grateful. Until the pros spell out the really good counters, I'll assume that the obvious ones are: a. make sure they don't get the speed boost ball, b. kill them before they even get into your base, c., kill them before they pick up the charge, or d. make sure you have at least 1 Riftstalker (who uses assassin to stealth into the opposing side's base then switches to Rifstalker) in your pug who can steal the charges back. Anything else?

The problem is not the teleports in themselves, but it's all in the fact that their warps and run speed buffs makes them go faster than MOUNTED PEOPLE!

Plane Touched

I endorse this thread, with a few additions of my own:

Make it so any time someone casts a heal spell while carrying the flag, they drop the flag. Clearly, their hands are too busy healing to be able to carry something.

Whenever a warrior equips a shield while carrying the flag, they drop the flag. You simply cannot carry a shield and a weapon while still holding the flag. Not enough hands.

Any time a mage attempts to cast a spell while carrying a two-handed staff AND the flag, they drop the flag. Again, two hands...not three...not enough to hold the flag.

Jumping while carrying the flag forces someone to drop the flag.

Matter of fact, any time someone does anything except for walking in a perfectly straight line (yes, running will make you drop the flag, so you must switch to walk mode) forces you to drop the flag, unless "SIMON SAYS" for you to turn left or right.

tl;dr: OP, stop being bad and learn how to stop a riftstalker: dispell their buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonkira View Post
    Yes, this has been up numerous times, but it is time once again -

Do it so that when a riftstalker uses any teleport abilities, he drops the flag.

Cant see why those specific class/roles should have such a huge advantage in this wf?

And before ppl say "blabla l2p" - I have had a riftstalker myself, and I stopped using it due to that particular huge advantage.

Those who do not agree with me, either has a riftstalker themselves, or are used to team up with someone who is. A buddy or whatever.

Totally agree and the only ones who would not are those who have the HUGE ADVANTAGE
    Have you ever wanted to?

Quote Originally Posted by Nangasaur View Post

tl;dr: OP, stop being bad and learn how to stop a riftstalker: dispell their buffs.
    Oddly enough, I tried that with Sunder. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by -Sansa- View Post
    Oddly enough, I tried that with Sunder. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?
    Give infiltraitors, warlords, and shamans a ground trap that immunities do not apply to. This way Riftstalkers can continue to enjoy that play style, but a prepared team will stop them.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Give infiltraitors, warlords, and shamans a ground trap that immunities do not apply to. This way Riftstalkers can continue to enjoy that play style, but a prepared team will stop them.
    A prepared team always stops them, already.

I'm telling you folks, dispell their buffs. Guardian Phase and Planebound Resilience are what make Riftstalkers more unstoppable than anything else. Dispell these two buffs, keep them dispelled, and they drop like rocks.

I'm telling you folks, dispell their buffs. Guardian Phase and Planebound Resilience are what make Riftstalkers more unstoppable than anything else. Dispell these two buffs, keep them dispelled, and they drop like rocks.
    Welp, I pug. So the chances of that happening are remote to none. Another thing, what are the chances of removing the culprit buffs with so many buffs stacking? As I said earlier, I used my buff remover and it did nothing to stop him, because I'm assuming he had at least 3 additional buffs from being grouped with others. If we could select which buffs to remove it would be a L2P issue, but that isn't the case.

Ok then it would allow a pug who was "trying" to hinder one enough the rest of the derps on his team can deal with it. In-fact that's the major problem with Riftstalkers atm. An entire team cannot deal with one if it's played well. That's nerf bait if I've ever seen it.
    Last edited by Trisian; 08-07-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Spellsunder on a 15 sec cooldown, guardian phase and planebound resilience on instant cast/reuse?

Hoping buffstrip actually takes the important ones and not just trash ones too is another headache. On that note im going to QQ about my spellsunder NEVER stripping doms split personality too >;(
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Ok then it would allow a pug who was "trying" to hinder one enough the rest of the derps on his team can deal with it. In-fact that's the major problem with Riftstalkers atm. An entire team cannot deal with one if it's played well. That's nerf bait if I've ever seen it.
    When I queue solo, I also have no trouble seeing them stopped. I tell the MM's to spam erradicate the buffs, and the RS dies.

I seriously don't see what the problem is, other than the fact that a lot of people refuse to figure out how to stop them, and would rather have Trion do it for them. Flag runner specs don't do anything but run a flag. They cannot kill anybody worth a darn. And they're very vulnerable when dispelled.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AintEvenMadBro View Post
    Spellsunder on a 15 sec cooldown, guardian phase and planebound resilience on instant cast/reuse?

Hoping buffstrip actually takes the important ones and not just trash ones too is another headache. On that note im going to QQ about my spellsunder NEVER stripping doms split personality too >;(
    Which you cannot do while stunned, and burning GCD's to rebuff yourself when you NEED to be teleporting is a showstopper.

That's why you plane-shift to get distance first and then rebuff? Don't try to make it sound like GCD's are what gets Riftstalkers killed because they rebuffed instead of shifted lol.

That being said now not sure of you serial about what you are saying in this thread or not bro
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AintEvenMadBro View Post
    That's why you plane-shift to get distance first and then rebuff? Don't try to make it sound like GCD's are what gets Riftstalkers killed because they rebuffed instead of shifted lol.

That being said now not sure of you serial about what you are saying in this thread or not bro
    I'm totally serious, I'm telling you what gets me killed while I am running flags.

Spam erradicate, couple warrior DPS bursts, a stun, and I'm dead. Maybe it's my battlegroup? They're just better players or something...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast