+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Surely all damage and healing needs reducing for PvP?

Plane Walker

Default Surely all damage and healing needs reducing for PvP?

After the recent PvP rifts and trying to enjoy a bit of PvP, I have realised the EVERYONE, no matter the class dies way too fast.
    It's like ALL spells/abilities/healing needs reducing by something like half to make battles last a little longer so all abilities can be used and more skill is involved.
    As it is, it's just hit a few key skills and the opponent is probably already dead.

1v1 battles are sometimes ok, but still seem to be over way too fast on the whole.

I play a mage, and so am used to being squishy, but even with my 80% damage reduction spell I still get destroyed. But when I see warriors going down just as fast as me when attacked by only a couple of opponents something has to be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    I play a mage, and so am used to being squishy, but even with my 80% damage reduction spell I still get destroyed. But when I see warriors going down just as fast as me when attacked by only a couple of opponents something has to be wrong.
    LoL.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 08-07-2011 at 03:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

The thread title confuses me: Surely all damage and healing needs reducing for PvP?

Since the body of the post talks about people dying too fast...so we should reduce healing as well? Even repeats it in the body of the post...er, you know?

A MMORPG developer needs to break this new chain of the meatier mob with a bigger club and give us a PvE progression based on characters and character progression rather than gear check and gear progression...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

while this thread was extremely hard to understand and follow his core concept is that people die too fast and they get healed too fast.

i think the vast majority of the community would agree with this sentiment.
    the rogue community in general --
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'm sure they still thinks Slip Away is "Off the GCD"- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Hidden Veil and Slip Away don't save lives- Vybz
    simonirl 50cleric dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by aylictal View Post
    while this thread was extremely hard to understand and follow his core concept is that people die too fast and they get healed too fast.

i think the vast majority of the community would agree with this sentiment.
    PvP is an afterthought for a game designed around a progression that involves meatier mobs with bigger clubs. What player has 4m health? No mob should have 4m health. That is the problem with this game and others like it...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Plane Walker

Sorry for not being clear enough, Aylictal has it spot on.

I meant that current healing in relation to the current damage is fine as is, but damage is way too high.
    So all pvp damage needs reducing by a considerable amount - Which then means that healing would need to also be reduced the a similar amount.

Good pvp fights would be more commonplace I think then.
    Good as in a fight that's not over in less than 5 seconds.

Rift Disciple

Actually this game is perfectly balanced, you just have to get to Rank 8 and roll in a premade and you will see that damage and healing are perfect.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    I meant that current healing in relation to the current damage is fine as is, but damage is way too high.
    So all pvp damage needs reducing by a considerable amount - Which then means that healing would need to also be reduced the a similar amount.
    Get valor ...see damage reduced. Profit
    Irony - Pathiss

Rift Disciple

when you design classes and abilities around PvE and the need to kill elites/bosses with millions of HP and then take those abilities to PvP, well simply put, it does not work. So you will get hammered for super high dps by any class, add in unlimited assist, and basically death in less then 3 seconds

+ Reply to Thread