+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Please stop complaining about Clerics already

Shadowlander

Default Please stop complaining about Clerics already

Yes I do have a Cleric and a mage too and yes I can take down a bunch of people if they are crazy enough to stay bunched up for more than 10 seconds and no I wasnt able to do this before I got into raid gear.

Honestly though I never post in forums and mind my own business but the clerics have actually been nerfed twice at the same time now, before the patch I played healing in WF's so I never topped the damage charts but had I played DPS with my Cabalist instead you can be sure that I would be topping the charts often and that I would have done way more damage than I do now.

Right now we get one chance to pull off really big DPS when mages have instant AOE's yet we have to wait 2 seconds for each lurking decay and we need 3 for a decent AOE and before patch we could generate decay much faster and hit you much harder.

The majority of the DPS playing this game made such a fuss about healers doing their job that we got the nerf bat and now that we joined the DPS ranks I'm pretty sure most people playing DPS had no idea that a cleric can dump quite a large amount of AOE, what did you think would happen when all the clerics loaded up their AOE dps on you? All we have for ranged are AOE heavy specs with half decent single target damage or did you not know this before you made such a fuss?

Did you not think oh **** I got the healers nerfed now I'm going to take more damage from all that AOE and die instantly?

Not to mention now I get non stop tells asking me to try and heal, be it more politely than I used to pre-patch when heals were still quite good but I plain out and politely refuse and continue enjoying myself because thats what a game is about, having fun.

So which is it? You want us to have good heals or good dps? Or do you want us to be useless at everything so most of us just straight out quit our classes and roll Warriors, Rogues or mages so you can wait even longer in T1/T2 queues and find it even harder to recruit good healers for your raids that also enjoy PVP'ing?

I say the above because I love PVP and I've played nothing but healer for many many years and I enjoy raiding with my friends and guild members but if I couldnt PVP anymore because it wasnt fun I would definatly switch to my mage full time, not to mention it took us almost a month just to find 2 good clerics and the rest we have cant seem to get the hang of it during raids so all we have right now are 3 good clerics, we dont all live on high pop servers with queue times you know.

I'm sure there are others out there that feel the same, anyway flame on. I just thought I'd get this off my chest because for the first time since Asherons Call 1 I'm actually having some fun.

FYI: It takes like 3 hits from a warrior to destroy me and I have 650 self buffed wisdom / 26% crit and Raid gear, but you dont see me complaining on the forms about it, and I dont die much anyway because I'm not crazy enough to run to the front lines it would be my fault if I went up against a rock when I'm less than papper!
    Last edited by Rashan; 08-07-2011 at 02:00 AM.

Shadowlander

umm they didn't really nerf your healing... They actually made it easier for you to AOE heal which means you heal for more... 3 clerics chain healing eachother ='s no one can kill you. Was bad enough before when I could literally stab a cleric for 20 seconds and they wouldn't die... Now you can see me when I'm stealthed and knock me out of it while AOE healing... or Mass AOE DPSing... don't think that that is just going a little too far?

Quote Originally Posted by Landmark View Post
    umm they didn't really nerf your healing... They actually made it easier for you to AOE heal which means you heal for more... 3 clerics chain healing eachother ='s no one can kill you. Was bad enough before when I could literally stab a cleric for 20 seconds and they wouldn't die... Now you can see me when I'm stealthed and knock me out of it while AOE healing... or Mass AOE DPSing... don't think that that is just going a little too far?
    They made it easier to aoe heal? You don't read the patch notes do you?
    Last edited by Scarletroses; 08-07-2011 at 02:12 AM.

Huh?? I dont even...

Ok numbnuts - can you pleae advise me how Trion made it easier for us to AOE heal?

Go on, we are waiting..
    Last edited by Liandral; 08-07-2011 at 02:17 AM.

Shadowlander

We can only do that in Inquisitor spec, we have to have you targeted in Cabalist spec and our timer is 2 min on the ground target AOE in cabalist.

Yes they did nerf healing, why else do we have way more clerics dps'ing now? And yes I'll give it to you that if you stack healing it's good but how is that any different from stacking DPS on someone or 10 mages stacking AOE on a group?

And when we are in DPS mode (51 spec is the only viable one) we have 1 heal that doesnt heal for much and it's on an 8 second cool down. We go down very very quickly.

You cant have the best of both worlds and according to this games mechanics all classes are supposed to be good at DPS, Tanking etc. When healing we cant fight, when fighting we cant heal, how is that different from mages? Warriors with 12K HP and a full heal spell etc? Rogues with Stun lock etc?

I'm sorry you are getting killed alot but honestly what did you expect when you add 5 to 6 more AOE casters to a group? Ofcource it's going to come down to who has more Clerics and Mages beause thats the team that will AOE wipe the other team out first.
    Last edited by Rashan; 08-07-2011 at 02:19 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rashan View Post
    Yes I do have a Cleric and a mage too and yes I can take down a bunch of people if they are crazy enough to stay bunched up for more than 10 seconds and no I wasnt able to do this before I got into raid gear.

Honestly though I never post in forums and mind my own business but the clerics have actually been nerfed twice at the same time now, before the patch I played healing in WF's so I never topped the damage charts but had I played DPS with my Cabalist instead you can be sure that I would be topping the charts often and that I would have done way more damage than I do now.

Right now we get one chance to pull off really big DPS when mages have instant AOE's yet we have to wait 2 seconds for each lurking decay and we need 3 for a decent AOE and before patch we could generate decay much faster and hit you much harder.

The majority of the DPS playing this game made such a fuss about healers doing their job that we got the nerf bat and now that we joined the DPS ranks I'm pretty sure most people playing DPS had no idea that a cleric can dump quite a large amount of AOE, what did you think would happen when all the clerics loaded up their AOE dps on you? All we have for ranged are AOE heavy specs with half decent single target damage or did you not know this before you made such a fuss?

Did you not think oh **** I got the healers nerfed now I'm going to take more damage from all that AOE and die instantly?

Not to mention now I get non stop tells asking me to try and heal, be it more politely than I used to pre-patch when heals were still quite good but I plain out and politely refuse and continue enjoying myself because thats what a game is about, having fun.

So which is it? You want us to have good heals or good dps? Or do you want us to be useless at everything so most of us just straight out quit our classes and roll Warriors, Rogues or mages so you can wait even longer in T1/T2 queues and find it even harder to recruit good healers for your raids that also enjoy PVP'ing?

I say the above because I love PVP and I've played nothing but healer for many many years and I enjoy raiding with my friends and guild members but if I couldnt PVP anymore because it wasnt fun I would definatly switch to my mage full time, not to mention it took us almost a month just to find 2 good clerics and the rest we have cant seem to get the hang of it during raids so all we have right now are 3 good clerics, we dont all live on high pop servers with queue times you know.

I'm sure there are others out there that feel the same, anyway flame on. I just thought I'd get this off my chest because for the first time since Asherons Call 1 I'm actually having some fun.

FYI: It takes like 3 hits from a warrior to destroy me and I have 650 self buffed wisdom / 26% crit and Raid gear, but you dont see me complaining on the forms about it, and I dont die much anyway because I'm not crazy enough to run to the front lines it would be my fault if I went up against a rock when I'm less than papper!
    "i have 0 valor but i can destroy people who have 400, please dont nerf me because i get killed easily"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by archaionfm View Post
    "i have 0 valor but i can destroy people who have 400, please dont nerf me because i get killed easily"
    How does that matter? My crit/Wisdom and spell power offset your valor, if I went with lower spec gear like R4 gear which is all I can get right now I would do less damage to you and take less damage myself. But I choose not to, I choose to die quickly but kill quickly.

I dont see the point of your comment, I have hardly any valor and I die instantly, but like I said I'm smart enough to know when to attack and when to help with single target DPS and when to use my debuffs and back off a little.

Seriously some of the arguments I've heard so far make no sense, did you expect a Raid geared player to not hit you harder?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rashan View Post
    We an only do that in Inquisitor spec, we have to have you targeted in Cabalist spec and our timer is 2 min on the ground target AOE in cabalist.

Yes they did nerf healing, why else do we have way more clerics dps'ing now? And yes I'll give it to you that if you stack healing it's good but how is that any different from stacking DPS on someone or 10 mages stacking AOE on a group?

And when we are in DPS mode (51 spec is the only viable one) we have 1 heal that doesnt heal for much and it's on an 8 second cool down. We go down very very quickly.

You cant have the best of both worlds and according to this games mechanics all classes are supposed to be good at DPS, Tanking etc. When healing we cant fight, when fighting we cant heal, how is that different from mages? Warriors with 12K HP and a full heal spell etc? Rogues with Stun lock etc?

To answer this:

1. you can get out of our stunlocks the sameway we can use break free to get un CC'd. and in order to get back the ability to stunlock...we would have to slip away but we can still be seen anyway.

2. watch how far 3 DPS get against 1 cleric being chain healed... I bet they get close to the kill... but don't pull it off. And as of typing this I dropped a clerics health bar 3Xs to near 0 and they full healed... each time before I could get that last little bit. This was coming out of stealth by the way... yeah and I died.

3. Not asking for the best of both worlds hell I didn't have a problem when it was simply a matter of us not being able to reasonably kill a cleric even when we caught them with their pants down. The biggest piss off is a cleric being able to knock us out of stealth, especially when we see that we are losing an engagement while they can also heal themselves back to full. That simple addition completely changed the PVP dynamic.

TEMPLAR [PvP]
    * Overload: Can no longer be applied to the same target more than once every 2 minutes.
    * Replaced Barb of Shackles with Nysyr's Brand: Marks the target, blocking their ability to stealth and increasing the chance they will be critically hit by 5% for 30 seconds.
    * Echoes of Ascension: The cooldown now begins counting immediately rather than waiting for the effect to trigger.

Was the bolded change even necessary?

As for the increase in AOE healing I have been told that it was increased by other clerics in terms of what can be done in warfronts. When I asked for elaboration it was simply stated that single target healing was nerfed by AOE healing was made easier so 3 clerics AOE healing were actually more effective then before. And if there was a healing nerf I certainly can't see the difference at all.

As for the increase in AOE healing I have been told that it was increased by other clerics in terms of what can be done in warfronts. When I asked for elaboration it was simply stated that single target healing was nerfed by AOE healing was made easier so 3 clerics AOE healing were actually more effective then before. And if there was a healing nerf I certainly can't see the difference at all.
    Whoever told you this was wrong. The only change was a nerf to healing spells not a single one was buffed in any way. You really should not come in here stating hearsay as fact. Makes you look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletroses View Post
    They made it easier to aoe heal? You don't read the patch notes do you?
    Neither do you. Clerics now have smart healing on a spamable AoE heal. Who needs to target to heal, right?

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

In other words - you have no clue.

Please stop spouting this sort of silliness unless you can back it up intelligently or at least better than "someone told me so it must be true"

Honestly...
    Last edited by Liandral; 08-07-2011 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Neither do you. Clerics now have smart healing on a spamable AoE heal. Who needs to target to heal, right?

- Vybz
    Dol spam is ****, it does not heal nearly as much as you think in a pvp setting. Its great for raids however it does not work the same in pvp, when everyone and their mother has lingering wounds on them.
    Last edited by Scarletroses; 08-07-2011 at 02:47 AM.

Dol spam is ****, it does not heal nearly as much as you think in a pvp setting. Its great for raids however it does not work the same in pvp.
    So you're saying being able to put up full HoTs and then AoE spam smart healing isn't broken in PvP? Once again, as others have stated, 3 cross healing Clerics > all DPS.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Shadowlander

Whoever told you this was wrong. The only change was a nerf to healing spells not a single one was buffed in any way. You really should not come in here stating hearsay as fact. Makes you look like an idiot.
    Were the other things I said out of point at all? You just called me an idiot instead of politely saying you were told wrong. So thanks for that. Pretty much everyone that isn't a cleric still thinks their abit OP. Hell I still say war's are OP. The only classes that have any PVP balance are Mages and Rogues cause they have clear counters, other then "Just chain 5 DPS onto 1 cleric and hope they die.

Were the other things I said out of point at all? You just called me an idiot instead of politely saying you were told wrong. So thanks for that. Pretty much everyone that isn't a cleric still thinks their abit OP. Hell I still say war's are OP. The only classes that have any PVP balance are Mages and Rogues cause they have clear counters, other then "Just chain 5 DPS onto 1 cleric and hope they die.
    i said it makes you sound like an idiot, being an idiot and sounding like an idiot are two different things friend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast