+ Reply to Thread

Thread: so ive been trying pvp. seems b0rked

Rift Disciple

Default so ive been trying pvp. seems b0rked

I don't think it's as much the classes as it is the gear levels

Must be frustrating for both ends, r1 r2, in bgs fighting along with r6 r7. The r1 r2 get tired of 1shots and
    damage that normally ticks for 1200 ticking for what 80 ? And the r6 r7 entering thinking "God another bunch of r1 r2, I gotta carry the whole thing" etc etc

Seen quite a few bgs where 1 or 2 high geared warriors or such with a healer or two took the whole thing,
    who knows whether they enjoyed that or were ticked that it kept happening

Shadowlander

The only way to fix that would be to Segregate battle grounds dependant upon rank. So the 1's and 2's together 3's and 4's and 5's and 6's.

I think it would be much more competetive but the que legnth would be stupid.

Rift Disciple

dont worrie p6 gets 1shot to. its so sad been playing around with caba yesterday got so many skills but only get to use maybe 3-4 because one of the two
    1. our team gets aoed down
    2. opposing team gets aoed down
    Last edited by Dissi; 08-07-2011 at 12:02 AM.
    Cleric wants detaunt to auto proc on everyone hitting me!! QQ god damn heal debuffs

Rift Disciple

Default yea segergation is no answer :)

splitting up the g-levs - I agree impossible

have a feeling the levels may get adjusted at some point so maybe the lows aren't so low, and keep the highs with what they have earned

just too much difference between the folks in any given bg

been playing cloro/dom, I don't get many kills, die a lot, but end up making it so a lot of other folks can kill, and get the satisfaction of watching cartoons become confused when things slow down

do tag folks who pay attention to their debuffs and back out when I toss an aoe on them - love to see that actually

And some day, as far as "they" getting r8, I will too if I can hold my mud dying until then lol

I don't know about the brand new level 50's entering the bg's as R1 in a month, or two months at most. I just can't imagine that many will endure it until they get to R6, and with having to face R7/R8 at that time; R6 is where things will then be starting to get a little better for them. That's sure a very, very long haul for most players. I fear the inflow of new 50 PvP players will soon dry up. I don't see that anything less than a R5/R6 will soon have any chance at all in warfronts.

Things are a bit easier for me now, because I kind of came in in the middle. I now have all R5 gear equipped except for the two most expensive (legs & chest) R6 pieces that I pre-purchased when it once upon a time made sense to do that, and I've finally made it 50% into P5 so it won't be long before I can put those on. I see no problem getting that particular toon to R7/R8.

Things were even easier (and still are) for those who got serious with PvP at game launch, they didn't have to face much in the way of higher ranked players ganking them in 1 to 4 shots dead - it was more evenly matched back then. The game has changed since then (and many of those who are ahead like and argue for it that way). I think when they're R7/R8 equipped a R5/R6 player will feel like a R3/R4 player feels against a R5/R6 player right now. Not looking good for new lower ranked 50's then, I think. I already feel sorry for them.

I won't be bringing any of my other 50 toons into warfronts the way things are, since they'd have to start out at R1. I'll only play my currently ranked toon.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

+ Reply to Thread